Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #2

Avon @ Ben Davis:  Both teams looking for a win after near misses in week 1.  BD always seems to peak later while Avon licked its wounds all season last fall.  It’s more important for Avon but I don’t like their chances.  BD wins 30-21.

Carmel @ Center Grove:  Yep, still including this one.  Not sure what to make of this contest honestly as Trinity (KY) is a proven commodity despite a sub par 2021, whereas a new group of CG faces shut down Warren.  Carmel has the talent advantage (I think) and the experience.  Center Grove has the mojo, home field and coaching advantage.  I say the Trojans make it 30 in a row.  CG wins a grinder 17-13.

King (MI) @ Warren Central:  Oh boy.  This one should be interesting.  King was shocked at the buzzer the last time they came to the Hoosier state and has D1 talent galore all over the place led by Oregon QB commit Dante Moore.  Warren’s only chance here is to control the clock and keep him on the sidelines while wearing down the visitors.  With King’s enrollment just over 1000, the Warriors (along with home field advantage) should have depth on their side.  The problem is, King has probably 7 of the 10 best players on the field including the one that matters most.  King wins 34-14.

Lawrence Central @ Westfield:  Two of the best 0-1 teams in the state square off and the loser possibly becomes the best 0-2 team.  Lawrence Central should walk away feeling good about themselves as HSE got a lot of offseason publicity but Westfield is likely still shocked.  They had better not be because the Bears are good enough to pull this one off.  I don’t think they will though.  Rocks win 24-13.

Lawrence North @ Whiteland:  This one intrigues me.  A true litmus test for a 6A school wanting to prove it belongs in the upper tier and a growing 5A community looking to become a powerhouse.  I think both teams are also very well coached.  Whiteland would send shockwaves across the state if they could take down a MIC team.  But I think they are still 1-2 years away from realistically doing so.  LN wins 31-21.

North Central @ Hamilton Southeastern:  A huge thud on the north side of Indy last weekend as my sleeper pick in 6A didn’t even score.  The heat is now firmly on O’Shea.  HSE meanwhile went on the road a narrowly held off a feisty LC team.  Won’t have to sweat as hard this week.  Royals win 34-10.

Pike @ Fishers:  Pike took a solid Zionsville unit to overtime last week but could not seal the deal.  The long bus ride to Fishers will tell us a lot about them.  The Tigers rolled last week and could be poised for a big season.  Fishers wins 27-17.

Edited by temptation

Ben Davis looked pretty good on defense, and that's encouraging. I'm sure the offense will have some more growing pains as Gotkowski presumably steps in at QB. I thought the Giants and the Orioles both showed good resilience last week by getting down and then mounting charges. I would assume that there will be a big crowd out there to watch this one. Give me BD by 7...Giants 35-28.

It seems like the Trojans are probably going to get beat sometime this year, but I don't think it will be this week. I would assume, much like Temptation, that this will be a low-scoring slobberknocker of a game. Last one standing is CG by a field goal. 13-10.

Kudos to Warren for scheduling this one. Always love it when Indiana High School Football can show itself to an out-of-state opponent. I know Warren was disappointed in its offensive output last week. Seems like they have that stout D under Coach Tutsie. We'll see if Jimmy Graves side of the ball can respond. Give me Warren 24-21.

I wasn't necessarily shocked by the outcome of the New Pal vs. Westfield game, but I was shocked by the margin. Coach Gilbert will get his team ready. Big opportunity here for LC and Coach Patterson's crew to get a big win. I don't know if they're ready just yet to take that step. Westfield recovers 28-14.

Lawrence North shot like a racehorse out of the gate and then held on to beat Avon. I have no reason to believe they won't find a way to get by Whiteland. 28-17

I saw @temptationsay the heat was on Kevin O'Shea. While I think it's much too early to put the heat on a guy who just a couple of years ago brought the Panthers their first-ever MIC Championship in football, I would agree that the program's decline has to be concerning. The Panthers were quite lackluster against Fishers, and that was a shock...again...not that Fishers is good but how bad NC must have looked. HSE by 3 TDs. 28-7

Proud of Coach Brevard to get his team into OT with Zionsville. That win would have been huge in his first game at Pike. As it stands, he gets another opportunity against a quality Fishers team that really got hot out of the gate. Fishers by 10, but don't count out the Red Devils. 24-14

• Like 1

Ben Davis over Avon by 3 TDs

Carmel over Center Grove by 3 points

Detroit King has Dante Moore and Warren Central doesn't.  Detroit King wins by 2 TDs

Westfield over LC by two scores

LN over Whiteland by 7 points

HSE over North Central by 4 TDs

Fishers over Pike by 3 TDs

Edited by LC_Bears_04

Center Grove 29 game win streak on the line, 25th annual Copper Kettle game, Series is tied at 12 games apiece and with a crowd of 6000+ it just does not get much better than that.  Key to CG victory will be in their running game and they will be without starting RB Drew Wheat. RB Coyle ran for 221 yards last week and probably need close to a repeat performance this week.  If CG can get 275 from their running game, I think they will win. But Carmel has some real studs on defense to slow that running game down.

I think CG gets it done at home CG 17 Carmel 14

7 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I know it is aweek late but I want to give shout to WC for a great crowd they had a CG last week.  I was surprised to see them fill the stands. I was also shocked to see that WC had more people then Carmel did this week.

I was on the Carmel side last night and I was very disappointed, especially for a rivalry game.  Unfortunately right now with the construction in Indy a trip to Greenwood takes nearly 90 minutes during rush hour.

2 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I was on the Carmel side last night and I was very disappointed, especially for a rivalry game.  Unfortunately right now with the construction in Indy a trip to Greenwood takes nearly 90 minutes during rush hour.

Have Carmel fans become bored?

10 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

I bet Temp is eating his words about his Warren Central prediction. The Warriors won by 18 points 44-26

Yep.  I am 0-2 on Warren games this fall.

Love the parity in 6A for a change.  You could make a case for over a half dozen teams to hoist the trophy after two weeks.