Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
MuleDriver

2015 Out of state matchups

I always thought it interesting to see how our best teams match-up out of state.  Ohio/Indiana match-ups seemed be the most interesting to me . Guess because ohio's high school football reputation. 

Start a list of the match-ups i guess. 

I always thought it interesting to see how our best teams match-up out of state. Ohio/Indiana match-ups seemed be the most interesting to me . Guess because ohio's high school football reputation.

Start a list of the match-ups i guess.

South Newton and all the schools in the Big 8 will have several, due to being in conferences that cross State lines.

Edited after fact check.

Edited by DanteEstonia

Well I know warren plays St. X AND Cincy Colerain this coming year

Edited by warren05

Penn has a couple games with Michigan teams.  Birmingham Brother Rice and Orchard Lake St. Mary's.

Elkhart Central plays Rice out of Michigan.  I'm not sure but think that it is Birmingham Brother Rice as well.

On Saturday August 29, Carmel and Warren Central will both have games at the University of Cincinnati.  Carmel will play Cincinnati La Salle and Warren Central will play Cincinnati Colerain.  I hope that Carmel and Warren Central both represent Indiana high school football well that night!

Floyd Central plays Louisville Male. The Louisville schools (St. X, Male, Trinity) are just as good as the Ohio schools.

South Spencer has an annual border rivalry with Owensboro (Ky.) Catholic.

Boonville has recently played an additional out-of-state game (in addition to Mt. Carmel, Ill.).  John Harrell's website shows it being Harrisburg, Ky., this year.  However, that's very likely a typo.  The only Harrisburg I'm aware of is in southern Illinois. The Pioneers have played them in the past, so that's likely who is on their schedule this year.

South Newton and all the schools in the Big 8 will have several, due to being in conferences that cross State lines.

Edited after fact check.

Yes we play 7 teams versus Illinois competition.

I believe that Cathedral plays Moeller on Friday August 28th in the Skyline Classic at Nippert.    A double-header of Carmel-Cincinnati LaSalle and Warren Central-Cincinnati Colerain will be held at Nippert on the following night.    It is the first games to be played at the newly renovated Nippert Field.    If anyone has ideas on close places to stay and eat it would be greatly appreciated if you would let me know.   This set of games is this years out-of-state trip.   Dallas Jackson has Colerain ranked #1 in Ohio and LaSalle #4.   Should be a great test to see where our best fit with their best.

I believe that Cathedral plays Moeller on Friday August 28th in the Skyline Classic at Nippert.    A double-header of Carmel-Cincinnati LaSalle and Warren Central-Cincinnati Colerain will be held at Nippert on the following night.    It is the first games to be played at the newly renovated Nippert Field.    If anyone has ideas on close places to stay and eat it would be greatly appreciated if you would let me know.   This set of games is this years out-of-state trip.   Dallas Jackson has Colerain ranked #1 in Ohio and LaSalle #4.   Should be a great test to see where our best fit with their best.

Cathedral also plays at St. X  September 18th at 7:30PM.

The Irish will also play Rhea County (TN) September 25th at Tech.

Edited by PHJIndy

Cathedral also plays at St. X  September 18th at 7:30PM.

The Irish will also play Rhea County (TN) September 25th at Tech.

I think a lot of eyes will be on Cathedral this season. I will be rooting for them although winning 6a will be a challenge they certainly will be in the discussion. Maybe on the fringe of the top 5 or 6 that could take the title. 

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of eyes will be on Cathedral this season. I will be rooting for them although winning 6a will be a challenge they certainly will be in the discussion. Maybe on the fringe of the top 5 or 6 that could take the title. 

Yeah, this should be a fun year for Cathedral, challenging but fun!

One thing is for certain about Cathedral. Coach Strieff will have his young men ready to play any and all comers, no matter the size of the school. You are going to have to play a great game to beat them this year. 

It amazes me how much the Irish challenge themselves each year.  They could schedule cupcakes if they wanted to, but they do not. They go after the best competition they can find.

They will be challenged for sure in the 6A playoffs. They will be ready.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lima Central Catholic is coming over to play Bluffton and Woodlan this year.  They've struggled to find schools their size in Ohio in their general area to play so they're coming over here.  They are a great program that will be a challenge to both of these schools.  Should be a couple of great games this year!

Yes we play 7 teams versus Illinois competition.

Interesting. Out of curiosity are you guys now an independent or part of a conference over there? What is the make up of the Illinois schools compared to the last season when you played mainly 1A teams (larger schools, tougher programs, etc)? Not that it matters, but I am assuming this will have an impact on your Sagarin ranking (since I believe they only take into account in state schools) which will make it hard to gage for fans, where you stand. Also wonder what it means for top 10 rankings if South Newton gets hot this year since voters probably won't know much about who you play.

When looking at the Cathedral campus on google earth there appears to be plenty of land just to the north of the campus away from housing that would be suitable for a football facility. Do they own that parcel ?

Interesting. Out of curiosity are you guys now an independent or part of a conference over there? What is the make up of the Illinois schools compared to the last season when you played mainly 1A teams (larger schools, tougher programs, etc)? Not that it matters, but I am assuming this will have an impact on your Sagarin ranking (since I believe they only take into account in state schools) which will make it hard to gage for fans, where you stand. Also wonder what it means for top 10 rankings if South Newton gets hot this year since voters probably won't know much about who you play.

We joined a conference in Illinois. We will be the smallest enrollment on our schedule this year, but not by too much unless you count the Kankakee Valley game. The conference is made up of what would be a lot of high enrollment 1A schools in Indiana. So its not too bad. They have 3 perennial power house teams that made the play-offs last year. Momence and Clifton Central have made some deep runs in the play-offs the last 2-3 years.

It will be fun and interesting to say the least. Every week presents a new challenge. All games are new opponents with exception of North Newton who has a new coach Week 1. So no idea what to expect there either.

Not sure what to know about Ratings or Rankings. That is why I am a big proponent of not using Sagarin to rank Sectionals. So much of the formula is based off last years results to start, and it wont matter with many of our games. It is the situation we are in and we were welcomed with open arms. It will be good to play all of our games on Central Time for once!

• Upvote 4

For once in the last few seasons we do not play an Illinois school week 8. They were always good games as I enjoyed playing Heyworth, Bismarck-Henning, Milford-Cissna Park and Watseka. We play the Bulldogs in Michigantown this year.

We joined a conference in Illinois. We will be the smallest enrollment on our schedule this year, but not by too much unless you count the Kankakee Valley game. The conference is made up of what would be a lot of high enrollment 1A schools in Indiana. So its not too bad. They have 3 perennial power house teams that made the play-offs last year. Momence and Clifton Central have made some deep runs in the play-offs the last 2-3 years.

It will be fun and interesting to say the least. Every week presents a new challenge. All games are new opponents with exception of North Newton who has a new coach Week 1. So no idea what to expect there either.

Not sure what to know about Ratings or Rankings. That is why I am a big proponent of not using Sagarin to rank Sectionals. So much of the formula is based off last years results to start, and it wont matter with many of our games. It is the situation we are in and we were welcomed with open arms. It will be good to play all of our games on Central Time for once!

Do you have a map of the schools in your conference?

Do you have a map of the schools in your conference?

This is not my forte, and my first time trying this. Hope this helps. Cissna Park is not a football playing school though in the conference.

New Conference.jpg

New Conference.jpg

New Conference.jpg

New Conference.jpg

New Conference.jpg

post-110-0-56358900-1437485365_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

This is not my forte, and my first time trying this. Hope this helps. Cissna Park is not a football playing school though in the conference.

Looks good, Coach! Thanks!

When looking at the Cathedral campus on google earth there appears to be plenty of land just to the north of the campus away from housing that would be suitable for a football facility. Do they own that parcel ?

No that land is owned by the diocese. Cathedral currently utilizes virtually every inch of usable space. There are done steep cliffs/ravines in a wooded area that can't be used too.

If that is the Fatima Retreat Center property, there is talk of Cathedral buying it.

If that is the Fatima Retreat Center property, there is talk of Cathedral buying it.

Cathedral has inquired about the Fatima property in the past but things didn't work out and I don't think anything will work out in the future.