SIAC Week 3

15 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:
Friday, Sep. 2
Bosse at Castle ©, 7 pm
Central at Memorial ©, 7 pm
Mater Dei at Vincennes ©, 6:30 pm
North at Harrison ©, 7 pm
Jasper at Reitz ©, 6:30 pm

Couple of interesting games this week after the crazy night last night. Jasper at Reitz has to be the headliner. Tony Lewis will have his guys ready to roll on Friday, you have to believe that. Reitz has won two games and rolled against Harrison (who just beat Jasper), but I think everyone probably feels like Reitz still has something to prove. A win against Jasper would prove Reitz belongs in the discussion at the top of the conference. A loss by Jasper with North, Mater Dei and Castle still on the horizon would pretty much kill Jasper's hopes of at least sharing the conference crown. 

North at Harrison is game 2 of the week for me. Who belongs and who doesn't. Each time has a nice win under their belt, but how much does it mean to beat a depleted Memorial squad? Can Harrison keep the momentum going and beat a North team that expects to compete at the top? Time will tell.

Mater Dei travels to Vincennes to face a much much improved Lincoln squad. Mater Dei struggled with the the Lincoln defense last year. Can they solve it this year? Can the defense continue to play the way they have the first two weeks. Can Vincennes make a huge statement and win against one of the conference favorites? I'll be there to see but I'm hoping to come back south having witnessed a Wildcat win. 

I have to believe Memorial rights the ship a little and takes care of Central. Even with a injury riddled team Memorial should be able to pull out a win. If they can't it will be a long long season on Lincoln Avenue.

Castle is a tough nosed group and John Purdy leads the way. That kid is dynamite. Bosse will struggle to move the ball and Castle won't. I'll take the Knights by a lot. 

2 hours ago, combthehair said:

I agree. I'd have Reitz as the favorite. 

I see Jasper as the favorite. But if they do not have their two guys back then you could definitely argue that Reitz is the favorite at home. Regardless, I would not be surprised by either team winning. Big time game, definitely will be watching that one. 

3 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I see Jasper as the favorite. But if they do not have their two guys back then you could definitely argue that Reitz is the favorite at home. Regardless, I would not be surprised by either team winning. Big time game, definitely will be watching that one. 

I hope it is streamed. I no longer live in the area so I can't get to the bowl to watch it. 

16 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH Lines:

Bosse at Castle (-35)

Central at Memorial (-24)

North (-14) at Harrison

Mater Dei (-11) at Vincennes 

Jasper (-4) at Reitz

Castle will cover 

Memorial should cover

Harrison (+14)

VL (+11)

Reitz (+4)

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

let's not forget who has primacy over the last decade.  lots of injuries, and ihsaa bs, but expect  certain team to make some noise when it counts

Sounds like you’re talking about the New Harmony Rappites. They’ve put up with a TON of Ihsaa bullshit and if my math is correct, they haven’t lost a game this decade. 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Do lines change if players get healthy or injured throughout the week?

No idea tbh, I have no clue if it’s automated and then he manually does the changes. SIAC had multiple line changes all of last week too, so I expect another fluctuation in a couple of days

• Like 1

Bosse @ Castle - The Knights win this one with a running clock.

Central @ Memorial - The Tigers finally get into the win column and win by a lot here.

Mater Dei @ Vincennes - Much like Reitz did, I think Mater Dei has a hard time with Vincennes most of the game, but unfortunately for the Alices, they fall in another close game.

North @ Harrison - The Warriors will be riding on some momentum after their big win but I think the Huskies go in and take care of business. 

Jasper @ Reitz - Easily game of the week and could go either way. I know both teams are dealing with some injuries so it's a toss up. The Panthers are talented enough to finally get over that hump and beat Jasper.

On 8/26/2022 at 11:09 PM, TigerFan20 said:
Friday, Sep. 2
Bosse at Castle ©, 7 pm
Central at Memorial ©, 7 pm
Mater Dei at Vincennes ©, 6:30 pm
North at Harrison ©, 7 pm
Jasper at Reitz ©, 6:30 pm

Anyone from VL know if the game will be streamed anywhere on Friday?  There was mention last week of the Reitz game being streamed but no word yet on MD @ VL.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:44 PM, Spitting Llamas said:

Mater Dei travels to Vincennes to face a much much improved Lincoln squad. Mater Dei struggled with the the Lincoln defense last year. Can they solve it this year? Can the defense continue to play the way they have the first two weeks. Can Vincennes make a huge statement and win against one of the conference favorites? I'll be there to see but I'm hoping to come back south having witnessed a Wildcat win. 

I don't know if struggled is the right word for the game last year.  It was a 31-6 victory.  I think it was 17-6 after three and we put it away in the 4th.   I think we'll see a similar result friday night.