North (-15) at Harrison, 73% chance of victory for the Huskies 

43 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

MasseyRating lines:

Central at Memorial (-15), 77% chance of victory for the Tigers

Mater Dei (-14) at Vincennes, 79% chance of victory for the Cats

Jasper (-7) at Reitz, 59% chance of victory for the Cats

Bosse at Castle (-28), 90% chance of victory for the Knights

North (-15) at Harrison, 73% chance of victory for the Huskies 

Memorial - Memorial puts a few in the endzone. This is their best game to start a new QB and try to figure out what works for them. 

MD - I think MD wins this one by a couple right at 14. VL doesn't go down without putting up a good fight. 

Reitz - that hurt to say. Their DLine is big and athletic. I think this is a low-scoring game as long as Jasper can hang onto the ball. 

Castle wins this one by a lot. 

I think this one is going to be closer than 15. I think North by 7 in a great game. 

23 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Reitz - that hurt to say. Their DLine is big and athletic. I think this is a low-scoring game as long as Jasper can hang onto the ball. 

I think it might depend if Jasper will have their players back. If so, could be a special game

2 hours ago, combthehair said:
2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial - Memorial puts a few in the endzone. This is their best game to start a new QB and try to figure out what works for them. 

Has a new starter been named?  I think more than anything they need to get their top players on the field.  Hartig and Collins are arguably the two best in siac at their positions. Those are huge losses to start the season.  Collins IMO is the best player on Memorials team. Two way player that is big, athletic, and physical. Hopefully Rode and Hartig play this Friday and then Collins and Weinzapfel by week 4.  Those are 4 really good football players. 
IMO tough to grade Ellsperman when 4 best players on offense are out. Hope he is back under center Friday night.  

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Hopefully Rode and Hartig play this Friday and then Collins and Weinzapfel by week 4.

Hartig will be starting on Friday, Rodes  is likely (still awaiting the judge decision),Collins should be back very soon. Weinzapfel is still up in the air

Edited by TigerFan20

21 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Hartig will be starting on Friday, Rodes  is likely (still awaiting the judge decision),Collins should be back very soon. Weinzapfel is still up in the air

I’m guessing we’ll see Collins next week for Mater Dei.  Weinzapfel’s situation sounds more uncertain.

8 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m guessing we’ll see Collins next week for Mater Dei.  Weinzapfel’s situation sounds more uncertain.

Collins was projected to be out for the first 2 games and Central game was up in the air from what I remember during the Castle Scrimmage week. So there is a chance he could be back this week. Even if it’s only Hartig coming back this Friday, it’s way better than none

Edited by TigerFan20

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Has a new starter been named?  I think more than anything they need to get their top players on the field.  Hartig and Collins are arguably the two best in siac at their positions. Those are huge losses to start the season.  Collins IMO is the best player on Memorials team. Two way player that is big, athletic, and physical. Hopefully Rode and Hartig play this Friday and then Collins and Weinzapfel by week 4.  Those are 4 really good football players. 
IMO tough to grade Ellsperman when 4 best players on offense are out. Hope he is back under center Friday night.  

Yeah. A new starter has been named and ellsperman moved to WR. Least that's what I thought I read on here. 

10 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Yeah. A new starter has been named and ellsperman moved to WR. Least that's what I thought I read on here. 

I’m now being told they’ll alternate possessions.  If so, I don’t really like that.  But they’re obviously looking for answers and putting pressure on both kids to perform.

30 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Collins was projected to be out for the first 2 games and Central game was up in the air from what I remember during the Castle Scrimmage week. So there is a chance he could be back this week. Even if it’s only Hartig coming back this Friday, it’s way better than none

Hartig will start at RG.  They’re going to stick with Mattingly at RT.  Wade and Wallen are competing for the start at LG.

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

That was the talk at practice on Saturday 

It was.  That changed today.

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m now being told they’ll alternate possessions.  If so, I don’t really like that.  But they’re obviously looking for answers and putting pressure on both kids to perform.

Hopefully for Central, and then let Mater Dei start guessing who the QB will be. But if that is the plan for the entire season, then yikes 

Just now, TigerFan20 said:

Hopefully for Central, and then let Mater Dei start guessing who the QB will be. But if that is the plan for the entire season, then yikes 

I doubt that will go on too long.

This is just speculation on my part.  But I think Hurley would prefer to stick with Ellspermann.  It’s just hard to defend that with 0 TDs in 8 quarters of play.  So he’s introducing some in-game competition.

I’ve been critical of Ellspermann in the passing game.  But I don’t think it’s fair to put so much on him.  His best receiver hasn’t played.  And the O-Line went from 3 new players to 4 after halftime of the Jasper game, and it showed.  He had no time to pass on most dropbacks against North.  A number of dropped passes, etc.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Hartig will start at RG.  They’re going to stick with Mattingly at RT.  Wade and Wallen are competing for the start at LG.

In terms of size:

Cassidy - 6’4

Waller- 6’3 or Wade 6’3

Vaugh- 5’11

Hartig- 6’6

Mattingly- 6’5 

Not too shabby, I can’t remember the last team memorial had almost everyone above 6’3 on the O-line (excluding last year)

Edited by TigerFan20

8 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I don't like that at all. But Hurley is a fantastic coach so I'm sure he's doing what he thinks he has to. 

10 hours ago, MDAlum82 said:

Anyone from VL know if the game will be streamed anywhere on Friday?  There was mention last week of the Reitz game being streamed but no word yet on MD @ VL.

10 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

All Lincoln home games are streamed by WZDM.

This Friday against MD

Sept 23 against Harrison

Sept 30 against North

Oct 7 against Memorial

In light of @Irishman pinned post regarding rumors, I think I’d be well-advised to stop passing these tidbits about who is/isn’t supposedly playing, and where, along.

I appreciate the discussions on the board and we all need to respect the rules.  This isn’t college or pros where the coaches regularly release information about a player’s status.

Edited by MHSTigerFan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

In light of @Irishman pinned post regarding rumors, I think I’d be well-advised to stop passing these tidbits about who is/isn’t supposedly playing, and where, along.

I appreciate the discussions on the board and we all need to respect the rules.  This isn’t college or pros where the coaches regularly release information about a player’s status.

I agree, this isn’t Texas HS football lol

9 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I think it's okay to talk about who might be coming back from injury. But yeah, agreed on others cases. 

It seems Harrison's win over Jasper might have quieted the PAC is just as good as the SIAC crowd.  At least temporarily.

From what I've read in the paper Jasper's QB didn't play the whole game and they lost Bair and then his backup during the game. Running a triple option offense with injuries to two out of three is really bad, no matter what Meatloaf said.  

I've always felt week 3 was the turning point in a season. Maybe that's a carryover from the 8 team/7 conference game mentality. All code of conduct players will return and we start to see more connections for SOS type discussions.  I have known one team who had a goal to start the season 2-0, but that was a rare exception.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Why do you say Rode will "likely" be back this Friday? Isn't it just as likely that he won't be or do you have some insider info none of the rest of us know about?