Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 3

2 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

So what else is going around the SIAC this week. It seems the injury bug is biting pretty hard for only having played a few games.

Tonight we will be able to see what Memorial can do since they are nearly full strength 

Can the Harrison Warriors surprise the SIAC against North? The game was somewhat close last year 

Mater Dei and Reitz will have to big games tonight to try and remain undefeated 

Wonder if the Alices can repeat last weeks game against Reitz for Mater Dei

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Sounds like Jasper is going to be short handed again tomorrow according to Kris Norton from WITZ

I think Reitz was missing some starters on defense against Vincennes, so another question will be whether those guys are back too. If they play Jasper tonight at/near full strength they have a good shot. I would guess the Jasper starting QB will try to suit up tonight but how effective will he be? We shall see. Either way I think it will be a great game and I expect the bowl to be packed.

23 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I think Reitz was missing some starters on defense against Vincennes, so another question will be whether those guys are back too. If they play Jasper tonight at/near full strength they have a good shot. I would guess the Jasper starting QB will try to suit up tonight but how effective will he be? We shall see. Either way I think it will be a great game and I expect the bowl to be packed.

Should be a fun one. Jasper HAS to hang onto the ball tonight. If they have 5 lost fumbles and 2 turnovers on downs like last week, they are in for a long night. 

I would look for them to maybe go less option tonight to cut down on the chance of fumbling and keep it between the tackles. I predict a low-scoring game. If it's not low scoring then it means Reitz is up big. 

17 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Should be a fun one. Jasper HAS to hang onto the ball tonight. If they have 5 lost fumbles and 2 turnovers on downs like last week, they are in for a long night. 

I would look for them to maybe go less option tonight to cut down on the chance of fumbling and keep it between the tackles. I predict a low-scoring game. If it's not low scoring then it means Reitz is up big. 

I agree. I think we see a heavy dose of the fullback and maybe even more passing. However, I will disagree on the scoring, I think it will be on the high-scoring side. Reitz will definitely score points with the talent they have on offense, but it's a matter of how much can Jasper score. You are right, it comes down to turnovers in that sense.

49 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I agree. I think we see a heavy dose of the fullback and maybe even more passing. However, I will disagree on the scoring, I think it will be on the high-scoring side. Reitz will definitely score points with the talent they have on offense, but it's a matter of how much can Jasper score. You are right, it comes down to turnovers in that sense.

Is Reitz pass-heavy? Because I believe Jaspers's best DB is out hurt. Jasper's strength is definitely their defense. They need to be able to stop Reitz. I don't believe they can win a shootout. 

Just now, combthehair said:

Is Reitz pass-heavy? Because I believe Jaspers's best DB is out hurt. Jasper's strength is definitely their defense. They need to be able to stop Reitz. I don't believe they can win a shootout. 

Reitz put up about 360 passing yards against Vincennes last week 

6 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Yeah the DB being out could make it difficult to defend the pass with the threats they have at WR. To answer your question, I think the Reitz offense is what you would call balanced spread. They mix up run and pass quite a bit out of shotgun. They start a sophomore QB but have experienced talent at WR and RB. If they have a weakness I would guess it is their run defense, which is why I would predict a high-scoring game.

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

Yeah the DB being out could make it difficult to defend the pass with the threats they have at WR. To answer your question, I think the Reitz offense is what you would call balanced spread. They mix up run and pass quite a bit out of shotgun. They start a sophomore QB but have experienced talent at WR and RB. If they have a weakness I would guess it is their run defense, which is why I would predict a high-scoring game.

Might come down to line play. Can Jaspers line get to the QB or can Reitz protect him. 

This is going to be a fun one. I'm ready to watch. 

3 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Might come down to line play. Can Jaspers line get to the QB or can Reitz protect him. 

This is going to be a fun one. I'm ready to watch. 

I'm predicting a rushing heavy game. If both teams have a lot of moving parts, then you probably don't have one week to get receivers and QBs on the same page. Also, after all the TOs last week, I don't see Jasper being too aggressive this week. 350-combined yards rushing in this one!