Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 3

5 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

At first, I was like who is this #4 kid on the team. But he had a very great game

Somebody near me said “They’ve already got Brady Combs out there playing!”  I knew that wasn’t right, Brady is out for the season.  But Brady is listed as #4.

They need to get an updated roster printed.

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Somebody near me said “They’ve already got Brady Combs out there playing!”  I knew that wasn’t right, Brady is out for the season.  But Brady is listed as #4.

They need to get an updated roster printed.

There is some new numbers I have seen on the sideline too, wonder if the team got some late joiners 

Just now, combthehair said:

Bring some freshmen up maybe? We did which is rare. 

I’m surprised Eliot Smith isn’t playing varsity for you guys.  That kid is going to be the best player in the SIAC for a good part of the next several years.

He’s already 6’3” 220 - playing RB and LB.  And very athletically gifted.

2 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I’m surprised Eliot Smith isn’t playing varsity for you guys.  That kid is going to be the best player in the SIAC for a good part of the next several years.

He’s already 6’3” 220 - playing RB and LB.  And very athletically gifted.

I think it’s good that we don’t. I personally don’t like seeing freshmen running backs. It’s such a big difference to go from 8th grade to varsity and how hard you get hit. I remember the youngest Schmidt boy in 2003. He got clobbered against Roncolli in semi state. 

1 minute ago, combthehair said:

I think it’s good that we don’t. I personally don’t like seeing freshmen running backs. It’s such a big difference to go from 8th grade to varsity and how hard you get hit. I remember the youngest Schmidt boy in 2003. He got clobbered against Roncolli in semi state. 

I can understand that.  But he’s good enough to play at that level today.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him getting Power 5 offers.

7 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Rodes officially 18 carries/174 yards 2 TDs in his season opener. His 2nd TD was recorded at 16.5 mph according to IndianaSRN

I think it was 19.2 mph which is moving pretty good. 16.5 wouldn’t be very fast for RB. 

Edited by Screagle

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Last night it seemed to go in reverse. I was in a very dark place after the MD loss, but IU came back and won their pillow fight of a game against a fellow big ten bottom feeder so I perked back up to end the night. 

Nice win VL, you made the wildcat defense look like they were playing checkers while you were playing chess for a lot of the night. Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like 1