18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider 
  20. Franklin
  21. Noblesville
  22. Mooresville 
  23. Warsaw
  24. Brebeuf Jesuit
  25. West Lafayette

New Pal might be the best team in the state, regardless of class.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

What did Zionsville do/not do to get knocked out of your top 25?

More so what Franklin, Noblesville, Warsaw and Brebeuf DID do.

Impressive wins by those four.

Zionsville IS honorable mention.  26th to be precise.

Edited by temptation

25 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

After what New Pal did to Decatur Central last night, I would agree with you.

Won't really know for sure till the playoffs.   Not really any potential road blocks until Roncalli.   I mean Mt. Vernon and Greenfield are decent but barring some catastrophic injuries there's no challenge left in the regular season.  All that said they're in the discussion for sure.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

4A a wrap?

Might be.  I haven't seen enough of Roncalli to be sure.  But NP is the clear favorite at this point.  This team might be comparably good to the '18 and '19 teams.  We shall see.

3 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Won't really know for sure till the playoffs.   Not really any potential road blocks until Roncalli.   I mean Mt. Vernon and Greenfield are decent but barring some catastrophic injuries there's no challenge left in the regular season.  All that said they're in the discussion for sure.

Might be.  I haven't seen enough of Roncalli to be sure.  But NP is the clear favorite at this point.  This team might be comparably good to the '18 and '19 teams.  We shall see.

Amazing.  Embarrassing I had the audacity to doubt Ralph.

(Foot inserted in mouth…it’s happening a lot thus far this season.)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

I would put all my money on New Pal to run the table in 4A easily....their O-Line is the best in the state, no questions.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

6A might be the most wide open class so far after Warren Central sent a statement by beating a very good Detroit King squad by 18 last night. 

Gonna come down to who can stay healthy and peak at the right time.

CG is down a RB…makes their win last night even more impressive.

Winning just seems to be in their DNA down there.  The names and faces change, but the results don’t.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gonna come down to who can stay healthy and peak at the right time.

CG is down a RB…makes their win last night even more impressive.

Winning just seems to be in their DNA down there.  The names and faces change, but the results don’t.

The cool part is we get to see most of the top 6A teams play one another eventually.

Center Grove still has Ben Davis and Cathedral.

Brownsburg still has Westfield and HSE.

Cathedral still has Center Grove.

Warren still has Carmel and Ben Davis.

Carmel still has Warren and Ben Davis.

Ben Davis still has Carmel, Warren and Center Grove.

Also anxious to see that next tier in the HCC.  Is it HSE, Westfield, Fishers, Zionsville, Franklin Central or Noblesville with the best chance to make a statement?

Best time of the year!!!

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

I for one am not ready to call 4A a wrap.  And this team has a long way to go to be mentioned in the same breath as 18 and 19.  But it has been two impressive wins to open the season.  This team has a lot of seniors that have learned how much work it takes to compete at this level, and some stud juniors.  Should be a fun year.

Edited by CaptainHook

6 hours ago, temptation said:
  1. Center Grove
  2. Brownsburg 
  3. Cathedral
  4. Warren Central
  5. Carmel 
  6. New Palestine 
  7. Ben Davis
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Westfield
  10. Roncalli
  11. Lawrence Central
  12. Fishers
  13. Bishop Chatard
  14. Merrillville
  15. East Central
  16. Whiteland
  17. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider 
  20. Franklin
  21. Noblesville
  22. Mooresville 
  23. Warsaw
  24. Brebeuf Jesuit
  25. West Lafayette

I am very familiar with all of the top 5 teams and I will tell you without being able to be proven right or wrong (bc we will never know) New Pal can compete and beat anyone one of them. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

4A a wrap?

It is never a wrap till the last buzzer sounds on Thanksgiving weekend, but I like New Pal's chances.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, temptation said:
  1. Center Grove
  2. Brownsburg 
  3. Cathedral
  4. Warren Central
  5. Carmel 
  6. New Palestine 
  7. Ben Davis
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Westfield
  10. Roncalli
  11. Lawrence Central
  12. Fishers
  13. Bishop Chatard
  14. Merrillville
  15. East Central
  16. Whiteland
  17. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  18. Penn
  19. Fort Wayne Snider 
  20. Franklin
  21. Noblesville
  22. Mooresville 
  23. Warsaw
  24. Brebeuf Jesuit
  25. West Lafayette

Not sure I entirely agree with you on the top 7, but I think you can make the argument for any one in that group to be higher.

CG, BD, Brownsburg, New Pal are my most impressive teams thus far with Warren knocking on the door.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Not sure I entirely agree with you on the top 7, but I think you can make the argument for any one in that group to be higher.

CG, BD, Brownsburg, New Pal are my most impressive teams thus far with Warren knocking on the door.

Based on actual results to date:

1. Center Grove

2. Brownsburg

3. New Pal

4. Ben Davis

5. Warren

• Like 1

Ben Davis is as solid in all three phases as I've seen them since 2017. That '17 team was head and shoulders above pretty much any Ben Davis team not coached by Dick Dullaghan, but I think you have the Giants correctly placed for now. If they keep playing like they did the first two weeks on the defensive side of the ball and the offense continues to gel with Thomas Gotkowski at QB, BD might be in the top 3. We'll see.

33 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Splitting hairs this early.

34 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Splitting hairs this early.

3 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

I am very familiar with all of the top 5 teams and I will tell you without being able to be proven right or wrong (bc we will never know) New Pal can compete and beat anyone one of them. 

How many players play both ways for New Pal?  It is this reason (if it's more than 1 or 2) that New Pal could not survive a 6A schedule. But yes, on a given night, they are as good as anyone.

8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

How many players play both ways for New Pal?  It is this reason (if it's more than 1 or 2) that New Pal could not survive a 6A schedule. But yes, on a given night, they are as good as anyone.

This years Dragons have more depth on the offensive/defensive lines than any prior team.  The OL guys don't have to go both ways, but several do rotate in defensively.  Honestly, there are only two guys that are probably full time two way players.  I didn't realize that until you asked.  Several players go both ways in the two deep.

Edited by CaptainHook

8 minutes ago, combthehair said:

I read that they have 3 D1 guys on the line. Do you know what schools? I found one signed with U of L. 

LT is committed to Louisville.  RT (and only junior) is the #1 prospect in the state and gonna be able to pick where he wants to play, as he holds several offers (including Ohio State).  RG also has offer from Illinois State.  The 6th OL is a freshman that I predict will someday play in college as well.

Edited by CaptainHook

6 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Isn't this how New Pal competed with 6a in the past? Playing their best guys both ways and emphasizing superior conditioning? It's not typical for a school of their enrollment to put 22 equally talented football players on the same field as a school of 3000. But if you can take your best guys and put them on both sides of the ball, that becomes a different story..............if they can last the whole game. They seem to be able to do that. My opinion from the outside looking in.