• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 3

55 minutes ago, jakone said:

Concordia at Snider

North Side at Carroll

Northrop at Wayne

South Side at Dwenger

Homestead at Luers

Affirmative for Week 3.  But again, I am hesitant to pick schools. 

"If you do not make a choice....You still have made a choice"...Rush

Concordia vs Snider - Panthers will be way too much for Mannigel to handle in his first year back. Finally a game for Snider that won't go to the wire. 

North Side vs Carroll - Easily the game of the week. Carroll sits at the top until someone proves otherwise. I'll be bold though and say Carroll by two scores.

Northrop vs Wayne - The Generals finally get in the win column. 

South Side vs Dwenger - Running clock midway through the third.

Homestead vs Luers - I'll take Homestead in this one. But I think Luers will be competitive. Spartans pull away in the second half and win by two touchdowns. 

Concordia at Snider...Panthers finally get a little bit of a breather after two tough games. Concordia can stay a threat to move the ball but won't nearly be enough...Snider by 21

North Side at Carroll...Can the Legends avoid an emotional let down, especially against what looks to be the best team in the SAC? North coaches need to be in the hallways making sure Tae Johnson has a jug of water in his hands at all times, great athlete but can't stay on the field due to constant cramping issues...they'll need him all night Friday if they want to have a chance. Carroll stays disciplined and controls this game throughout...Carroll by 14

Northrop at Wayne....Congrats to Coach Bowen on his first W. Has the opportunity to pick up a 2nd one this week. But I think the Wayne rushing attack will be too much. Wayne by 6

South Side at Dwenger...after a tough loss where the Saints looked a little out of sync in the 4th quarter, they'll be able to use this game to get right and get the offense clicking going into the tough 2 week stretch. The score may be 22-0 before the 1st quarter is over....Dwenger by 35+

Homestead at Luers...nice bounce back win from Luers in week 2. Just don't think they'll have the depth to keep up with Homestead for 4 quarters...Homestead by 24

Cadets vs Panthers- with Snider back to being full strength this game should be one to hang their hat on..cadets have a few athletes that can make it interesting though. Panthers

Legends vs chargers- carroll got the emotional W last week yet the Legends also broke a 12 year drought against the saints..if they can keep their emotions in check I can see them pulling this upset. Legends

Bruins vs generals- bruins played tough last week n looked like a cohesive unit which says alot for that program..wayne..not so much..haydock will use mismatches to his advantage. Generals

Archers vs saints- hopefully the staff at southside are all on one accord .those parents can be brutual..had metro superbowl this past weekend on their field..bad part is none of those guys usually end up playing there on Friday nights. Dwenger

Sparty vs luers'- homestead is 6a n should run through this game with ease yet as I walked by the Knights auxiliary gym the day after their loss to Carroll i could literally hear the weights clanging..coach K gets this one after his team gets pumped.  Knights

Edited by Justasportsfan

North Side vs. Carroll - Very nice win for North Side against Dwenger and they also played Snider tough in week 1, brutal 3 game stretch for them. To me, Carroll looks like the best team in SAC, well balanced on both sides of the ball. I believe the Chargers get a break as North runs out of gas having played Snider, Dwenger, and Carroll to open the season. Carroll 42-21

Northrop vs. Wayne - Similarly talented teams, I have more faith in a Haydock led then a new coach led team. Wayne 28-13

South Side vs. Dwenger - Blowout city, whatever the Saints want the score to be. Dwenger 49-6

Homestead vs. Luers - Not sure what others are seeing in Luers possibly winning this game, not going to happen. Homestead 42-14

Concordia vs. Snider - No disrespect to the Cadets, but they are not North Side or Carroll who the Panthers played the first 2 weeks. I think the Panthers run the ball down the Cadets throats at will while Concordia will flash some decent speed against Snider. Snider 42-14

Edited by Komets2727

57 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

North Side vs. Carroll - Very nice win for North Side against Dwenger and they also played Snider tough in week 1, brutal 3 game stretch for them. To me, Carroll looks like the best team in SAC, well balanced on both sides of the ball. I believe the Chargers get a break as North runs out of gas having played Snider, Dwenger, and Carroll to open the season. Carroll 42-21

Northrop vs. Wayne - Similarly talented teams, I have more faith in a Haydock led then a new coach led team. Wayne 28-13

South Side vs. Dwenger - Blowout city, whatever the Saints want the score to be. Dwenger 49-6

Homestead vs. Luers - Not sure what others are seeing in Luers possibly winning this game, not going to happen. Homestead 42-14

Concordia vs. Snider - No disrespect to the Cadets, but they are not North Side or Carroll who the Panthers played the first 2 weeks. I think the Panthers run the ball down the Cadets throats at will while Concordia will flash some decent speed against Snider. Snider 42-14

Not sure what people were seeing with Wayne over Luers last week. I know Homestead should be a lot better than Wayne so we shall see. still thinking Homestead by 28.

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Not sure what people were seeing with Wayne over Luers last week. I know Homestead should be a lot better than Wayne so we shall see. still thinking Homestead by 28.

I don't think anyone was expecting much out of Luers after getting obliterated by Carroll. The Chargers have a good team, I understand that, but the margin of victory was surprising. All I'm riding on is the fact that Haydock is in his third year with the program. It's only Week 2, we'll see how the season plays out. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I don't think anyone was expecting much out of Luers after getting obliterated by Carroll. The Chargers have a good team, I understand that, but the margin of victory was surprising. All I'm riding on is the fact that Haydock is in his third year with the program. It's only Week 2, we'll see how the season plays out. 

I was TOTALLY expecting a lot from Luers.  Carroll had numbers...which 2A Luers could never expect to match.  I honestly could see them perhaps dropping only one more SAC game this year if they stay healthy.

They truly are THAT good!  

I don't want to get into the rumor scuttlebutt that was tossed around at work today by a few co-worker Wayne parents.  But wasn't very foreboding for the "program" and the relationship between coaches and players...ugh! 

3 hours ago, jakone said:

FYI:  Wayne LOST to Luers...just sayin

Edited by Yuccaguy

21 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I honestly could see them perhaps dropping only one more SAC game this year if they stay healthy.

So you're on the record for saying that Luers might only drop one more game this year in the SAC?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I was TOTALLY expecting a lot from Luers.  Carroll had numbers...which 2A Luers could never expect to match.  I honestly could see them perhaps dropping only one more SAC game this year if they stay healthy.

I don't want to get into the rumor scuttlebutt that was tossed around at work today by a few co-worker Wayne parents.  But wasn't very foreboding for the "program" and the relationship between coaches and players...ugh! 

FYI:  Wayne LOST to Luers...just sayin

I would take that bet every day of the week and 2 times on Sunday!!! Luers still has Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and North Side left and there isn’t any way they get thru that gauntlet with only 1 loss. I would be surprised if they get 1 win vs. those teams. 

52 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I would take that bet every day of the week and 2 times on Sunday!!! Luers still has Snider, Dwenger, Homestead, and North Side left and there isn’t any way they get thru that gauntlet with only 1 loss. I would be surprised if they get 1 win vs. those teams. 

Gonna think differently on that.  So long as they stay healthy... I can see ONE loss during that "gauntlet".   North Side is the outlier that I totally forgot about.   But as a "gentleman"  I will stick with my previous comment.   

Perhaps I will owe you a Powers or Coney Island snack when the regular season ends.  

Edited by Yuccaguy

57 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Gonna think differently on that.  So long as they stay healthy... I can see ONE loss during that "gauntlet".   North Side is the outlier that I totally forgot about.   But as a "gentleman"  I will stick with my previous comment.   

Perhaps I will owe you a Powers or Coney Island snack when the regular season ends.  

I appreciate your candor sir!!! Here is what I will say about Luers, always been a fan of them and root for them come playoff time. I think this is one of their least talented teams in awhile and, quite frankly, they don’t have the players in quality and quantity to deal with those 5A and 6A teams this year. That doesn’t mean they can’t make a run come playoff time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

I appreciate your candor sir!!! Here is what I will say about Luers, always been a fan of them and root for them come playoff time. I think this is one of their least talented teams in awhile and, quite frankly, they don’t have the players in quality and quantity to deal with those 5A and 6A teams this year. That doesn’t mean they can’t make a run come playoff time

Trust me..they WILL in 2A this season... And I also will honor my candor with Luers.  Week One was a meat-grinder for the Knights 

On 8/28/2022 at 4:58 PM, jakone said:

Concordia at Snider

North Side at Carroll

Northrop at Wayne

South Side at Dwenger

Homestead at Luers

Snider big over Concordia 

Carroll by 2 TDs

Northrop over Wayne

Dwenger over South

Homestead big of Luers