Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NE8 Week 3

Bellmont @ Col City.... Eagles roll....35-14 Eagles

East Noble @ Hunt North..... Vikings are much improved, but Knights are still the Knights.....42-14 Knights

New Haven @ Dekalb.....Bulldogs have too many weapons, and BEST player in NE8.......41-10 Dawgs

GOTW: Norwell @ Leo......Knights pursuit of 1st NE8 title begins this week.  Leo has kept the Knights under wraps the last 6 years, especially with their defense, BUT this year after 2 weeks the Lions are giving up over 270 yds rushing a game.  Not what you want to see with Norwell coming to town.  This is not the Lions defense of the past few years and I think it will show this Friday night.....35-21 Norwell.

3 hours ago, Easy Ed said:

New Haven 35 Dekalb 27 Too much speed

East Noble 41 Huntington N 21 Knight just better

Columbia City 49 Bellmont 7 Brave still Struggling

Norwell 27 Leo 14  Leo still learning new system

Can’t argue with picks or scores other than that I think HN may keep it a little closer than 20.

Looking forward to watching the knights at Leo.  Will be a good one.  Got Norwell 24-21

8 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:
Friday, Sep. 2
Bellmont at Columbia City ©, 7 pm
East Noble at Huntington North ©, 7 pm
New Haven at DeKalb ©, 7 pm
Norwell at Leo ©, 7 pm

Time to start conference play and a BIG one in the first week.

42-7 Columbia City -- CC too much at home and they take care of business as they should against Bellmont.

35-17 East Noble -- Expect EN to bounce back from last weeks loss, which was a lot closer than the final score indicates.  EN took the lead in the 3rd quarter only to give it back on the next play.  EN's offense sputtered quite a bit against NW while the defense actually played pretty damn good for over 3 quarters.  I'm not sure we'll face a defense that good in the NE8 though, besides maybe Norwell.  I expect the D to continue to grow and the Offense gets back on track.

35-14 New Haven -- Too much talent on the field on NH for Dekalb to contain, on both sides of the ball.  I could see Dekalb falling behind, throwing a few picks or what not.  If Dekalb can limit turnovers this game could be closer.

28-10 Norwell --  Conference race here we go!  New system for Leo, new coach etc.. yeah they got some athletes but I am really surprised at how much the drop off has been as far as physicality goes.  Playing Leo the last couple years was like a 12 round heavyweight fight.  Getting punched in the mouth over and over for 4 quarters.. on both sides of the ball.  Just goes to show how special the senior class was last year that is now gone.  Leo D needs to step up or this one will get out of hand.

16 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

How's about everyone chip in $1 to the "Get Turf @ Bellmont" fund?

7 of 8...  one outlier

Glad boys get to play / I get to see at least 1 game on grass this year.  No fun in the slop in the tournament but can’t beat it in Sept.  old school

7 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Glad boys get to play / I get to see at least 1 game on grass this year.  No fun in the slop in the tournament but can’t beat it in Sept.  old school

@Purdue PeteYOU run on that stuff!  And YOU have to make measurements on it also.  

I really need to get you an application to be an official.  It is a completely different situation on grass (Bellmont exclusively) than most every place that I have ever officiated.  

But having said that, I will still have the "guys" down in Decatur when asked and requested...  All in all it may (in time) be a bonus for the Braves to be the outlier in the NE8....But I prefer the change to turf for the rest of the Conference.