Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #3

Here we go.  Time to look silly on Saturday morning once again.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Avon:  Two programs heading in opposite directions.  HSE has its sights set on dethroning Westfield en route to the conference title, while Avon is looking to get out of the conference cellar.  This one may stay close early but HSE pulls away late.  Royals win 34-21.

Brownsburg @ Franklin Central:  It would be just like Brownsburg to be the story heard round the state after a big win and lay an egg the next week.  FC's offense never got off the bus last week against Roncalli.  A letdown for the Bulldogs?  Nah, but closer than most think.  Brownsburg wins 27-17.

Noblesville @ Fishers:  The Millers gained some legitimacy last week with an out of state win, while Fishers improved to 2-0 and wants to join its rival in the conference title talk.  Two teams with lots of promise and fighting for the upper tier of the conference.  I will take the home team in a nail biter, 23-20.

Zionsville @ Westfield:  An easy win for the Eagles and a bounce back win for Westfield.  That New Pal loss is and will continue to look better week by week and the Shamrocks have owned this conference for the last two falls.  I expect that to continue with a win over Zionsville, 27-14.

What say you?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Hamilton Southeastern @ Avon:  Two programs heading in opposite directions.  HSE has its sights set on dethroning Westfield en route to the conference title, while Avon is looking to get out of the conference cellar.  This one may stay close early but HSE pulls away late.  Royals win 34-21.

Brownsburg @ Franklin Central:  It would be just like Brownsburg to be the story heard round the state after a big win and lay an egg the next week.  FC's offense never got off the bus last week against Roncalli.  A letdown for the Bulldogs?  Nah, but closer than most think.  Brownsburg wins 27-17.

Noblesville @ Fishers:  The Millers gained some legitimacy last week with an out of state win, while Fishers improved to 2-0 and wants to join its rival in the conference title talk.  Two teams with lots of promise and fighting for the upper tier of the conference.  I will take the home team in a nail biter, 23-20.

Zionsville @ Westfield:  An easy win for the Eagles and a bounce back win for Westfield.  That New Pal loss is and will continue to look better week by week and the Shamrocks have owned this conference for the last two falls.  I expect that to continue with a win over Zionsville, 27-14.

What say you?

HSE 36-10

Brownsburg 35-14

Fishers 27-16

Westfield 20-13

On 8/31/2022 at 8:09 AM, temptation said:

What say you?

Westfield still has work to do.  As against New Pal, too many mistakes against LC. Five personal foul penalties, two penalties for not getting a defensive player off of the field in time. Three turnovers, two of which were great throws from Cole Ballard that the receiver simply allowed to deflect off their hands and be intercepted. Still, there offensive was nearly unstoppable when they didn't stop themselves with the above. So they got the two TD win against LC. 

Zionsville will be a tough game for them.

What say you?

HSE @ Avon: HSE rolled Avon last year and the first 2 week of this year haven't given us much reason to expect a different outcome this year. I'll take the Royals by 15-20.

Brownsburg @ Franklin Central: I completely agree with you that Brownsburg should be on major letdown alert. But, I have no faith in the FC offense to pick the upset. I agree with you that it'll be closer than most would think. I like your pick of the 'Dogs by 10.

Noblesville @ Fishers: I was able to watch last week thanks to the Benet Academy You Tube feed. IMO, Noblesville showed some toughness last week. Benet started slow and became a threat in the 2nd half. They have a big Minnesota bound TE/WR that did some damage, but overall the Miller D wasn't shredded like they were against Mt. Vernon. The Miller offense grinded as usual and actually came up with a few big pass plays when they were forced to throw the ball. 6'3 Sophomore TE Aiden Brewer is also a basketball standout and has the athleticism to make an impact in the passing game. His TD reception late in the 2nd half was ultimately the game winner. I'm still not sure if Noblesville ready to turn the corner. We'll see Friday night how the offense handles Fishers putting them into 3rd and long situations.  I'll go with Fishers 21-17. 

Zionsville @ Westfield: I was really impressed with the Lawrence Central offense last week. They can move the ball when clicking. I haven't seen Zionsville play yet, so I don't know if they can pose the same type of thread to the Westfield D. Westfield's offense has transitioned nicely from the loss of Webster and Hauser(?). I will go with Westfield 35 Zionsville 17

6 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Is Thieneman out for season for Westfield?

Sophomore qb for FC has potential I hear.

FC sophomore QB is one of the best in the state for class of 2025. But the offense as a whole struggled early vs Perry and struggled the whole game against Roncalli. If they can get their offense rolling, I think they have the best defense in the HCC. The problem so far has been that the defense has been on the field for 75% of the game. I'll still take Brownsburg tomorrow night. 24-10

What say you?

HSE by 24

Brownsburg by 14

Fishers by 7

Westfield by 17

Took me awhile to dig up my login credentials and I know games have already started, but I’ll go with:

HSE 17+

BBurg 24+

Fishers 10+

Zionsville (in fairness it’s a game I’m watching WHMB GoTW & it’s 6-3 Rocks, 11:50 to go in 2d right now). 

I think most of us are going to do better than Kyle N. from the Star with our limited thread sample lol.