Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2022 Season

Irishman

Gritty performance by the Hoosiers. The o line will be a question mark. But Bazelak brings some stability to the QB position they have not had in a couple years. They have to do a better job of running the ball and tackling on defense. Now there are a couple games with Idahoe and Western KY they should win before going to Cincy. 

41 minutes ago, temptation said:

Purdue can compete for the Big Ten West…if they can reign in their head coach.

Zero hope for IU.

Minnesota and Wisconsin appear to be the biggest threats to Purdue in the West but couldn’t get a real gauge as they played FCS team. Iowa once again figured out how to set back football 100 years in their win over FCS South Dakota State.

I was encouraged by some of the things IU did Friday but they are still brutal in the trenches, especially on the O-Line. QB missed some throws high early on, but he at least looks the part of a competent QB as he can at least push the ball down the field and has some zip on the ball. IU having two WR go over 100 yards was refreshing given how dreadful the collective group was last year.

Still think 6 wins is an uphill battle, but it would have been nearly impossible had they lost to Illinois. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 12:08 AM, Irishman said:

Gritty performance by the Hoosiers. The o line will be a question mark. But Bazelak brings some stability to the QB position they have not had in a couple years. They have to do a better job of running the ball and tackling on defense. Now there are a couple games with Idahoe and Western KY they should win before going to Cincy. 

I have no more likes left, so I'll just respond my liking.  I like Tom Allen!  I ran into him at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Garage Area in May and he was super cordial.  I'm glad to see his team get a win.  Listened to the game on the way home from Penn Friday night with an IU alum driving, and we were both happy.  I hope they get to a Bowl Game this season.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Grover said:

Meanwhile Penix was 26/39 with 4 TD passes for Washington.

Reunited with his old offensive coordinator at Indiana who is now Washington's head football coach, Kalen DeBoer

DeBoer left Indiana to become head football coach at Fresno State, the left for same position at Washington....thus Penix landing in Seattle, a long way from his Tampa home.

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Reunited with his old offensive coordinator at Indiana who is now Washington's head football coach, Kalen DeBoer

DeBoer left Indiana to become head football coach at Fresno State, the left for same position at Washington....thus Penix landing in Seattle, a long way from his Tampa home.

This is the perfect example of where a change of scenery works in the favor of both parties. Penix gets another shot with a familiar coach in a familiar system while IU isn't handcuffed allowing Penix to command first team reps all summer only to lose him to another season ending injury. Indiana was able to go out and pick up a solid QB in their own right with Penix moving on. They would have been dead in the water this year had IU risked going all-in on MP and lost him to yet another injury. 

Edited by Footballking16

18 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

This is the perfect example of where a change of scenery works in the favor of both parties. Penix gets another shot with a familiar coach in a familiar system while IU isn't handcuffed allowing Penix to command first team reps all summer only to lose him to another season ending injury. Indiana was able to go out and pick up a solid QB in their own right with Penix moving on. They would have been dead in the water this year had IU risked going all-in on MP and lost him to yet another injury. 

No disagreement.....it was time to move on and the young transfer from Missouri shows a ton of promise....if they can protect him, he has some very nice receivers.

I am not sure what else IU can do to itself in a game. This is pathetic. So many mistakes and they really have no answer for the Idaho offense. The are lucky to only be down 10-0. The big issue for this game is the offense cannot stay on the field. The defense is going to be out of gas

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Temp’s hot take…mark the tape…a MAX of 2 more wins for the Hoosiers in 2022.

That might be pushing it....first half, they were slapped around by a FCS team.

I do like the play of true frosh McCullough....and Cam Jones....but they need a ton of help

Hoosiers escape with a win. They had no business winning the game, but kept playing through the mistakes. 2 VERY timely turnovers were HUGE in this. Bazelak and the receivers are just not on the same page; so many misses, and several were just not even close. The offense was able to move the ball well at times, just not consistently. Defense struggled for most of the game, and gave up too many big plays. That said, they are half way to being bowl eligible 🙂

38 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Hoosiers escape with a win. They had no business winning the game, but kept playing through the mistakes. 2 VERY timely turnovers were HUGE in this. Bazelak and the receivers are just not on the same page; so many misses, and several were just not even close. The offense was able to move the ball well at times, just not consistently. Defense struggled for most of the game, and gave up too many big plays. That said, they are half way to being bowl eligible 🙂

Like!😊

Imagine being 3-0 at this juncture AND looking ahead to a B10 West schedule. Defense was a no show until they started getting aggressive late and forced some big turnovers. 

Offense is already a night and day improvement from last year and could still be better. Have to get better in the redzone. 3-0 is nice but don’t see many remaining wins left on the schedule. 

On to Cincy.

13 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Imagine being 3-0 at this juncture AND looking ahead to a B10 West schedule. Defense was a no show until they started getting aggressive late and forced some big turnovers. 

Offense is already a night and day improvement from last year and could still be better. Have to get better in the redzone. 3-0 is nice but don’t see many remaining wins left on the schedule. 

On to Cincy.

Speaking of east/west…it’s staggering.

The east is 16-0…west currently 7-9.

• Like 1