Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2022 Season

Irishman

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Kid owns the MSU secondary.

That kid is tearing it up right now....hope he keeps rolling and stays healthy.  Reuniting with Coach DeBoer was absolutely the best for them both.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-michael-penix-jr-enters-heisman-conversation-after-dazzling-start/

image.png.30c5a6708ade91fc9ad4feb930ce47fa.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

That kid is tearing it up right now....hope he keeps rolling and stays healthy.  Reuniting with Coach DeBoer was absolutely the best for them both.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/uws-michael-penix-jr-enters-heisman-conversation-after-dazzling-start/

image.png.30c5a6708ade91fc9ad4feb930ce47fa.png

Small sample size for me anyway as I did not keep tabs on him prior, but DeBoer strikes me as a potential future NFL guy.  Seems like an offensive mastermind.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Small sample size for me anyway as I did not keep tabs on him prior, but DeBoer strikes me as a potential future NFL guy.  Seems like an offensive mastermind.

Thus the comment that I hope he keeps it going and stays injury free.  But as you say, he's had some success against MSU

I agree about DeBoer....never say never, but I would not be shocked with him eventually moving on to the NFL

2 hours ago, temptation said:

He has a great gig in Washington after absolutely moving his way up the NAIA ranks at his alma mater in South Dakota. Think he can absolutely be a winner with Washington's pedigree, but ultimately conference alignment may dictate things. Not sure if Washington survives if they aren't eventually invited to the B10. He's moved each of the last 4 seasons so from Fresno St to Indiana back to Fresno State and then this last year to Washington so he may be ready to give it a rest for awhile, but Nebraska would be nuts not take a look at him. 

28 points given up in the 2nd quarter is inexcusable. While they have played well late in this game, the hole they put themselves in is too deep. I have only seen the 2nd half, but Bazelak has been off target most of the half. UC's QB getting banged up seems to have had an impact on their offense this half. 

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

BDA00056-9E69-4814-B038-1525AF5A9EEB.jpeg

The bottom 3 teams are all big ten teams now. Northwestern has just `10 less than IU and Rutgers has 15 less. Those 3 teams are also well over 1200 games. Interesting to see that Rutgers has played the most games at 1383 and has the most seasons played at 151. That 151 is 9 games more than Michigan who has the 2nd most. 

11 hours ago, SenatorFan said:

I don’t see this team winning another game this year.

Might eek out 1, maybe 2 more as neither Rutgers or Purdue is very good, but very well could have seen IU’s final win last week.

Last 2 minutes of the first half has been a microcosm of Tom Allen’s career and really IU football in a nutshell for the last century. Down 14 with the ball on 4th and inches and you blink and IU is somehow down 28. It’s incredible how poorly coached IU is.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Might eek out 1, maybe 2 more as neither Rutgers or Purdue is very good, but very well could have seen IU’s final win last week.

Last 2 minutes of the first half has been a microcosm of Tom Allen’s career and really IU football in a nutshell for the last century. Down 14 with the ball on 4th and inches and you blink and IU is somehow down 28. It’s incredible how poorly coached IU is.

It seems like IU is never ready to play to start the game.....

Also, I am tired of a coach acting like "Jo Jo the Circus Boy" every time a decent play is made.  Act like the performance is what you expect.  The head coach should be a CEO, and acting like a spaz on the sideline is tough to watch.  Be their "best buddy" after they graduate....Expect greatness.

• Like 1

Everything starts with the offensive line. While Bazelak looks off, the fact is he has been running for his life all f'ing night. So, what do you do? They do not have the players to even compete against Nebraska. So, we talk about Allen not being the guy. That is obvious at this point. But who is out there? The constant turnover is part of the problem. The program is going in the wrong direction and now the schedule gets a LOT tougher. Just so f'ing frustrating seeing crap like tjis year in and year out. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

Everything starts with the offensive line. While Bazelak looks off, the fact is he has been running for his life all f'ing night. So, what do you do? They do not have the players to even compete against Nebraska. So, we talk about Allen not being the guy. That is obvious at this point. But who is out there? The constant turnover is part of the problem. The program is going in the wrong direction and now the schedule gets a LOT tougher. Just so f'ing frustrating seeing crap like tjis year in and year out. 

Spot on. It seems to me until IU really spends the money on a top coach and staff, this will never change. Even if the get an “up and comer” Coach, they won’t hold him. 

It is really tough to watch….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Spot on. It seems to me until IU really spends the money on a top coach and staff, this will never change. Even if the get an “up and comer” Coach, they won’t hold him. 

It is really tough to watch….

In 2020 I was told that they had a top coach…

He loves his players and jumps up and down a whole lot, remember?

(Hell in the past five years I’ve been told Scott Frost was gonna take over the Big Ten, Paul Chryst had what it took to take Wisconsin to the next level, PJ Fleck was gonna make Minnesota an annual contender in the Big Ten West…and Jim Harbaugh was going back to the NFL because he sucked.)

Edited by temptation

22 hours ago, temptation said:

In 2020 I was told that they had a top coach…

He loves his players and jumps up and down a whole lot, remember?

(Hell in the past five years I’ve been told Scott Frost was gonna take over the Big Ten, Paul Chryst had what it took to take Wisconsin to the next level, PJ Fleck was gonna make Minnesota an annual contender in the Big Ten West…and Jim Harbaugh was going back to the NFL because he sucked.)

Not sure why you worked your Michigan "homerism" on my comment.  Has zero to do with Jim Harbaugh.  Its about the direction of IU football.

Michigan had always been a top tier team that had fallen from those ranks.  Looks like they are back up.  Just enjoy and cross your fingers they can beat Ohio State on a more regular basis.  

BTW, Paul Chryst was fired with a 75% winning record at Wisconsin with annual bowl trips.  That performance at Indiana would get you a pretty big statue outside of the stadium.  His team is down this year and got spanked by a former Badger coach the Wisconsin brass still hates because he left them.

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not sure why you worked your Michigan "homerism" on my comment.  Has zero to do with Jim Harbaugh.  Its about the direction of IU football.

Michigan had always been a top tier team that had fallen from those ranks.  Looks like they are back up.  Just enjoy and cross your fingers they can beat Ohio State on a more regular basis.  

BTW, Paul Chryst was fired with a 75% winning record at Wisconsin with annual bowl trips.  That performance at Indiana would get you a pretty big statue outside of the stadium.  His team is down this year and got spanked by a former Badger coach the Wisconsin brass still hates because he left them.

My point was that folks overreact way too much and Allen’s 2020 success was fraudulent.

The other stuff was just extra topping.

Just now, temptation said:

My point was that folks overreact way too much and Allen’s 2020 success was fraudulent.

The other stuff was just extra topping.

2020 is looking more and more like a fluke with each passing game, but 2019 also happened and IU was a botched onside kick away from beating an SEC team in a bowl game to win 9 games for the first time in forever. 

It's pretty clear Allen is in over his head, and he hasn't yet recovered from the loss of offensive coordinator Kalen Deboer and defensive coordinator Kane Wommack who are both doing extremely well as head coaches on their own. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter who IU hires until IU decides they want to play big boy football, and that won't happen until IU decides to pony up and not only hire quality assistants, but pay the necessary money to retain them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

2020 is looking more and more like a fluke with each passing game, but 2019 also happened and IU was a botched onside kick away from beating an SEC team in a bowl game to win 9 games for the first time in forever. 

It's pretty clear Allen is in over his head, and he hasn't yet recovered from the loss of offensive coordinator Kalen Deboer and defensive coordinator Kane Wommack who are both doing extremely well as head coaches on their own. At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter who IU hires until IU decides they want to play big boy football, and that won't happen until IU decides to pony up and not only hire quality assistants, but pay the necessary money to retain them. 

100% truth......

I will also add a head coach as well