Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2022 Season

Irishman

Unreal....typical, but still. Absolutely no excuses. Coby Andison has GOT to take care of the football. You are at midfield, you had the 1st down, just get down. Not that it is all on him. The offense was pathetic through the first half. 

Just more of the same crap we see year after year after year after year after year. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Unreal....typical, but still. Absolutely no excuses. Coby Andison has GOT to take care of the football. You are at midfield, you had the 1st down, just get down. Not that it is all on him. The offense was pathetic through the first half. 

Just more of the same crap we see year after year after year after year after year. 

Yeah, Tom is gone at the end of the season, imo.  There's just not much talent down there.  The QB position is a prime example.

• Haha 1

Meanwhile, Michael Penix broke UW record with a 516 yd passing game and 4 TD’s in victory over Arizona…..

13 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Yeah, Tom is gone at the end of the season, imo.  There's just not much talent down there.  The QB position is a prime example.

I don’t think so with a $30 million buyout….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Meanwhile, Michael Penix broke UW record with a 516 yd passing game and 4 TD’s in victory over Arizona…..

I don’t think so with a $30 million buyout….

That's peanuts for you IU fans, right?  Also, Penix is gone, and the Hoosiers had no one competent to replace him.  Maybe they should be taking a look at the Cathedral QB.

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

That's peanuts for you IU fans, right?  Also, Penix is gone, and the Hoosiers had no one competent to replace him.  Maybe they should be taking a look at the Cathedral QB.

They should be all over O’Neil. Every time I see Carson Steele rush over 100 yds in a game for Ball State, I just shake my head that he couldn’t compete with IU’s backs…ru kidding me?  Yesterday Steele had 179 yds and 3 TD’s

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

It’s the highest buyout in the Big 10.  Wisconsin’s buyout of Chryst was $10M. IU football constantly is a head scratcher

Edited by Bash Riprock

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

It’s the highest buyout in the Big 10.  Wisconsin’s buyout of Chryst was $10M. IU football constantly is a head scratcher

I like Tom, we have a mutual friend, but he's not getting the job done, both recruiting and on game day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Who's decision was it to move McCulley from QB to WR?  

Purdue is all over O'Neil as well as about every school around the midwest, talented kid.  

New OC at Washington really putting up some numbers

Is Spegal getting any traction? 

I haven’t seen Spegal this season…

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

Getting an MBA from IU is a big deal, especially in the time he had to do it. Best of luck Jack. 

Good for him....what a job on and off the field.  This young man is impressive.  Will never forget the job he did leading IU into Madison a couple of years ago and got the W over the Badgers.  Hope he lands somewhere where he gets the shot to play.  He deserves it!!

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Who's decision was it to move McCulley from QB to WR?  

It was McCulley's decision - he approached CTA and asked him to move to WR. Otherwise, he might have been the starter entering this season. 

Talent-wise, IU has recruited as well as it ever has the last few classes. But those guys are froshies and sophomores right now. They're also really thin (and losing Matthews, Bedford and Cam Jones has *really* hurt them in these winnable games like Nebraska and Maryland). 

CTA has a huge buyout, so he's around for at least two more years. He's also only two years removed from back-to-back January bowls and being named National Coach of the Year. That's earned him a bit of a honeymoon even though last year was a disaster and this year has gone about as expected given the graduation losses from last season and the youth (although I'd like to have Nebraska & Maryland back - those games should have been Ws). 

42 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

It was McCulley's decision - he approached CTA and asked him to move to WR. Otherwise, he might have been the starter entering this season. 

Talent-wise, IU has recruited as well as it ever has the last few classes. But those guys are froshies and sophomores right now. They're also really thin (and losing Matthews, Bedford and Cam Jones has *really* hurt them in these winnable games like Nebraska and Maryland). 

CTA has a huge buyout, so he's around for at least two more years. He's also only two years removed from back-to-back January bowls and being named National Coach of the Year. That's earned him a bit of a honeymoon even though last year was a disaster and this year has gone about as expected given the graduation losses from last season and the youth (although I'd like to have Nebraska & Maryland back - those games should have been Ws). 

“He's also only two years removed from back-to-back January bowls and being named National Coach of the Year.”

Choked away a January bowl game against Tennessee and benefitted from empty stadiums.

This guy is a glorified cheerleader.

Edited by temptation

12 hours ago, temptation said:

“He's also only two years removed from back-to-back January bowls and being named National Coach of the Year.”

Choked away a January bowl game against Tennessee and benefitted from empty stadiums.

This guy is a glorified cheerleader.

He's a helluva defensive coach. I wish we could go back into an alternative universe where IU had never fired Kevin Wilson (and while I've heard the circumstances, it seems very fishy) and had KW at HC and CTA as DC. They were tremendous in their one year together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

He's a helluva defensive coach. I wish we could go back into an alternative universe where IU had never fired Kevin Wilson (and while I've heard the circumstances, it seems very fishy) and had KW at HC and CTA as DC. They were tremendous in their one year together. 

I’ll concede both points but Wilson was/is such a douche.

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’ll concede both points but Wilson was/is such a douche.

I like Wilson's demeanor/approach a helluva lot more than Allen's.

Agreed with what Crimson said above, put Wilson with a competent DC and who knows where IU would be today. IU always had a functioning offense and could really develop all the positions on that side of the ball. 

21 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Agreed with what Crimson said above, put Wilson with a competent DC and who knows where IU would be today. IU always had a functioning offense and could really develop all the positions on that side of the ball. 

Wilson is a douche.  Allen is just a phony.

Big difference to me.

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

The thing is, IU had an *identity* under WIlson. It was chaos ball and they'd drive you nuts at times, but they had a real identity. The thing holding them back was the lack of a defense until the last couple of years, especially when Allen came aboard as DC in 2016. 

I believe in Tom Allen and have been in his corner since he was coaching at Ben Davis, but I'm not sure what the team's on-field identity is. I love the relational approach to program-building, but there's nothing on the field that says "this is who Indiana football is." Wisconsin and Iowa have identities - it's ground-and-pound (and Illinois is developing the same under Bielema). Purdue has one with Brohm - air it out and run a lot of trick plays (and, like IU under Wilson, a bit of chaos ball). Penn State is Linebacker U. I'm not sure what IU's identity is right now on the field. 

2 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

The thing is, IU had an *identity* under WIlson. It was chaos ball and they'd drive you nuts at times, but they had a real identity. The thing holding them back was the lack of a defense until the last couple of years, especially when Allen came aboard as DC in 2016. 

I believe in Tom Allen and have been in his corner since he was coaching at Ben Davis, but I'm not sure what the team's on-field identity is. I love the relational approach to program-building, but there's nothing on the field that says "this is who Indiana football is." Wisconsin and Iowa have identities - it's ground-and-pound (and Illinois is developing the same under Bielema). Purdue has one with Brohm - air it out and run a lot of trick plays (and, like IU under Wilson, a bit of chaos ball). Penn State is Linebacker U. I'm not sure what IU's identity is right now on the field. 

Identity:  Clap and go overboard praising your players for minuscule accomplishments, scream at the officials so it’s perceived as passion and ALWAYS know when the camera is on you.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

Wilson is a douche.  Allen is just a phony.

Big difference to me.

I don't think Allen is a phony. I think his antics are genuine but doesn't really fit the demeanor for a P5 coach. That stuff you see PJ Fleck do...I believe that's manufactured. If anything Allen is corny but I at least think he's authentic. 

I could see Wilson being a douche. He's an ego-maniac. Most head coaches are. Dabo, Saban, Belichek. Most those guys come off a douchey.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, temptation said:

Identity:  Clap and go overboard praising your players for minuscule accomplishments, scream at the officials so it’s perceived as passion and ALWAYS know when the camera is on you.

I know guys who played for Allen in high school and were staffers under Allen when he first became head coach at IU. He does that stuff in practice. That isn't for show. He's genuine in that regard. I think it gets tiresome and when things aren't going well it's tough to stomach in the locker room. But it's real, it's not for show. 

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Wilson's chaos ball simply boiled down to not having enough trust in his defense. 50 points weren't enough in some cases. I truly believe in his mind that he needed the ball last to ensure that he was going to win. I think this really played in to some terrible clock management at the end of games that cost IU some victories during his tenure. Brohm is guilty of doing this as well. 

7 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I know guys who played for Allen in high school and were staffers under Allen when he first became head coach at IU. He does that stuff in practice. That isn't for show. He's genuine in that regard. I think it gets tiresome and when things aren't going well it's tough to stomach in the locker room. But it's real, it's not for show. 

Like!