Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2022 Season

Irishman

7 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

I know guys who played for Allen in high school and were staffers under Allen when he first became head coach at IU. He does that stuff in practice. That isn't for show. He's genuine in that regard. I think it gets tiresome and when things aren't going well it's tough to stomach in the locker room. But it's real, it's not for show. 

I met Coach Allen when we were at Cathedral and we played Ben Davis. Chatting with him before the game, and running into him over the years, I can also say what you see is what you get. He is likely the guy who can get by on 2 or 3 hours sleep a night and jump out of bed. It has been a few years since we last talked, but I enjoy every chat. I also would have liked to have seen what he and Wilson could have done together for a few years. One thing I would have liked to see continue that Wilson started was the remote 1 day camps with his staff. They came up to Homestead HS and had a great turnout. I had a great chat with Coach Allen then. I know people look at him during a game and roll their eyes, but as others have said,it is 100% authentic. I do agree that as a head coach, he needs to tone it down a few notches. Just like a coach that likes to yell and scream all the time, if wins are not following, it all becomes noise to the players. I also think that even recently, had DeBoer stayed around, we might see a better team. Coaches are frequently going for other jobs from IU. I get why, but it is hard to really build a program with a revolving door like that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, temptation said:

Were favored by 38 yesterday…

Difference is Northwestern hasn’t quit on Fitzgerald. Clearly, the truth team has quit on Allen…. Don’t care if it snows sideways and rains buckets, the final score will be a lot to a little, maybe zero

After a "meh" showing at Northwestern, I believe Ohio State will lay down the boom against IU on Sat.  Stroud needs some stats for both the Heisman race and draft pick status.  This is a game that could hurt OSU more than help them if they don't administer a total and complete smackdown, playing the 2 Big 10 cellar teams in back to back weeks.

Most likely IU throwing out a sacrifical lamb at QB with a horrific OL against the Bucks.  Guessing Caden Curry will see plenty of snaps, unless redshirt impact. (if that is an issue)

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

After a "meh" showing at Northwestern, I believe Ohio State will lay down the boom against IU on Sat.  Stroud needs some stats for both the Heisman race and draft pick status.  This is a game that could hurt OSU more than help them if they don't administer a total and complete smackdown, playing the 2 Big 10 cellar teams in back to back weeks.

Most likely IU throwing out a sacrifical lamb at QB with a horrific OL against the Bucks.  Guessing Caden Curry will see plenty of snaps, unless redshirt impact. (if that is an issue)

14-16 mph winds...Buckeye fans becoming amateur meterologists.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, temptation said:

14-16 mph winds...Buckeye fans becoming amateur meterologists.

That’s one of the things I like about you. I bet if you were a football coach, you’d be one of those guys who would run the same play over and over as long as you felt it was working. Basically, you’re the GID equivalent of Bishop Chatard’s offense under Vince Lorenzano.

57 minutes ago, Bobref said:

That’s one of the things I like about you. I bet if you were a football coach, you’d be one of those guys who would run the same play over and over as long as you felt it was working. Basically, you’re the GID equivalent of Bishop Chatard’s offense under Vince Lorenzano.

Four yards and a cloud of dust.  Nothing wrong with that.............

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Make them prove they can stop it.

I loathe OSU but admired Woody Hayes.

What did he say about throwing the ball again?

Saw a post from a Tampa news site; WAY too many ads, so I won't make you suffer through it, but Allen's name has come up on a list of candidates at USF. Maybe a good move for all? Kinda like Bo Pellini or even Gerry Faust way back when; move toi a smaller scale program and have decent success. 

On 11/7/2022 at 4:30 PM, Irishman said:

Saw a post from a Tampa news site; WAY too many ads, so I won't make you suffer through it, but Allen's name has come up on a list of candidates at USF. Maybe a good move for all? Kinda like Bo Pellini or even Gerry Faust way back when; move toi a smaller scale program and have decent success. 

Pelini had a good record at Nebraska, a lot like Frank Solich, maybe a bit lower ranked teams than Solich's. Believe he had a winning bowl record, also. Nebraska has been in the outhouse since.