Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IU 2022 Season

Irishman

Will see who stays and the recruits that show up. It takes enough good players and coaches to make it happen. They are not competing with OSU, Michigan, and, perhaps Penn St,  just the rest of teams in the league. Currently, there seems to be numerous issues that have IU near the bottom of BIG just two seasons after many thought it was the opposite. And, I note, it seems the basketball excitement is back, which I believe was a neglect issue for football there in the past. 

On 11/29/2022 at 8:29 AM, temptation said:

They played Ohio State close for a half, remember?

August 2020:  "Indiana is the biggest threat to Ohio State in the Big Ten East."

Since that claim by many media members, the Hoosiers have gone 2-16 in Big Ten play.

How could they have gone 2-16 since that claim? IU won 6 big 10 games in 2020. 

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

What about McCulley?  Seems to have been wasted so far in his career 

any momentum from the fortunate Covid year has been dashed and then some.  But I also recognize their placement in EAST has hurt too 

Purdue will be seeing it soon too. USC and UCLA coming into the West. Nebraska hiring Rhule and Wisconsin hiring Fickell. 

It's gonna be rough times for both programs soon. 

On 11/29/2022 at 3:56 PM, Irishman said:

Things that make you go hmmmm

Yes. I hope that Cult University hires Tom Allen away.

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

What about McCulley?  Seems to have been wasted so far in his career 

any momentum from the fortunate Covid year has been dashed and then some.  But I also recognize their placement in EAST has hurt too 

Allen has had issues keeping guys on staff. They've lost DeBoer, Womack, Hart and McCullough.

What really killed 2021 season was all the damn injuries. 2022 was imo even worse (not injury wise, overall)

It should be McCulley now. He's just as good of athlete as Williams and neither one can really throw so why not. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

• 3 weeks later...

What a year for former IU QB Michael Penix Jr at the University of Washington.  Threw for over 4000 yds and led his team to a 11 win season and a bowl victory over Texas last night.   We all know the Huskies coach is the former IU offensive coordinator. 

Coaching and offensive line play matters. 

1A3B9BB8-3B4F-4589-8649-E23B73ED97B8.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

What a year for former IU QB Michael Penix Jr at the University of Washington.  Threw for over 4000 yds and led his team to a 11 win season and a bowl victory over Texas last night.   We all know the Huskies coach is the former IU offensive coordinator. 

Coaching and offensive line play matters. 

1A3B9BB8-3B4F-4589-8649-E23B73ED97B8.jpeg

Said this before.  I think the NFL snatches up DeBoer sooner rather than later.

• Like 1