Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 4

The xs Trojans @ Fountain Centrals 

The Woofs @ Attica. Loser probably puts up a goose egg for the season 

Riverton Parkes @ Seegers. This could tell us if RP is really improved or not. 

South Vermilions @ North Vermilions. Probably the top 2 teams in the WRC. Can the mega school Cherry pickers beat little brother? 

My Donnie Baker rankings 

Both Vermilions

RP

Seegers

Fountain Centrals 

Little Trojans 

The Woofs 

Attica

I'm Donnie Baker and I approve this message 

Edited by Donnie Baker
  • Like 1

After week 1 of conference play I think that my rankings were off a little bit.....

Covington @ FC - This will be a close one if FC can slow down Covington offense. Watching FC last week I'm not sure they can score a ton of points. King gets his first FC win 26-20

PH @ Attica - PH wins 35-12

RP @ Seeger - Before week one I would've thought this would be a good game... After watching RP last week I think they win this one by a couple scores. RP 32 Seeger 14

SV @ NV - Game of the week. I don't know if defensively NV can slow down SV, but NV can score a ton of points. I think this will be a high scoring game and a fun one to watch. NV 42 SV 38

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, Donnie Baker said:

South Vermilions @ North Vermilions. Probably the top 2 teams in the WRC. Can the mega school Cherry pickers beat little brother? 

My Donnie Baker rankings 

Both Vermilions

RP

Seegers

Fountain Centrals 

Little Trojans 

The Woofs 

Attica

Fountain Central 32-28

Parke Heritage 35-7

Seeger 21-20

South Vermilions 35-28

• Like 1

Covington @ Fountain Central - The Battle for the Beef House!  (hey it's close to both schools).  I'll take the Herbies to get their first win of the year.  Beef House speed can't keep up with a herd of Mustangs.

Parke Heritage @ Attica - the Wolves stumble into Bruce Field and walk out with most likely the only win of their season.  Ramblers in shambles this year.

Riverton Parke @ Seeger - gonna go with my heart and my gut and take the Patriots in a close one.  I'm still not sold on the Panthers.

So. Vermillion @ No. Vermillion - the Falcons give up so many points.  The Wildcats get just enough stops to pull out the victory.  Barring any major upsets this is the conference championship.

• Like 1

FC in a wild one over the Trojans

Falcons are looking better but lose gas trying to keep up w SV

RP demolishes Seeger. The Almosts are said to have multiple starters out with injuries.  Running Clock

The sad Ramblers take another L w PH

SV or RP Conference Champions ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I don't know, possibly.   I can only recall that location housing Brothers Pizza Co. the times that I have driven by it.

It is, from the pictures on Google maps. The Brothers ‘sign’ is a banner covering up the Pizza King sign.I drove by there periodically since 1988. Pictures of the pizzas look fantastic.

Covington @ Fountain Central- FC probably a little upset after a loss to the Panthers last week. They'll want to separate themselves from the bottom of the conference. Close game with a lot of flags coming from FC line judge to help with the W. FC 20-14.  

Parke Heritage @ Attica- Battle for the bottom. What I would absolutely love to happen is an Attica W. Unfortunately, they won't get one here. PH 26-14. 

Riverton Parke @ Seeger- RP had a tough fought W last week against a fiesty FC team with a HOF coach. Seeger took out their early season frustrations on Attica. I think this will be a good game to watch. RP controls the clock, runs the rock, and knocks off Seeger in a tough matchup. RP stays in the hunt another week. RP 28-20.  

South Vermillion @ North Vermillion- Clash of the County and maybe for the conference title. SV has shown the ability to run and gun with different kids. NV is well coached, will be well prepared, and will hang tough but run out of steam late. SV puts up a couple late scores and get a Vermillion County Championship. SV 34-22

• Haha 1

Picks for week 4...

Covington @ Fountain Central - The Mustangs play hard and pound the ball. Turnovers, I heard, did them in last week. The Trojans are still chucking it all over the place, but without the results they had last year. The Mustangs will control the clock and get the W finally in a lower scoring affair, 22-18.

Parke Heritage @ Attica - The Woolfs are still struggling to score points. The Red Ramblers are still giving up plenty of points. This one might be a Dog Fight. But I think the Woolfs will be just fine, 32-12.

Riverton Parke @ Seeger - The Panthers seem to be heading in the right direction. History says the Patriots should win this game. But I think the Panthers are trying to make some history of their own. RP moves to 4-0, 24-12.

South Vermillion @ North Vermillion - The Wildcats looked pretty impressive last week shutting out PH, their second of the season. The Falcons rebounded from their Linton loss with a high-scoring win over Covington. I don't think SV can keep NV off the board, but I think they'll win the County Championship, 42-35.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andre Krimm said:

Covington @ Fountain Central- FC probably a little upset after a loss to the Panthers last week. They'll want to separate themselves from the bottom of the conference. Close game with a lot of flags coming from FC line judge to help with the W. FC 20-14.  

Parke Heritage @ Attica- Battle for the bottom. What I would absolutely love to happen is an Attica W. Unfortunately, they won't get one here. PH 26-14. 

Riverton Parke @ Seeger- RP had a tough fought W last week against a fiesty FC team with a HOF coach. Seeger took out their early season frustrations on Attica. I think this will be a good game to watch. RP controls the clock, runs the rock, and knocks off Seeger in a tough matchup. RP stays in the hunt another week. RP 28-20.  

South Vermillion @ North Vermillion- Clash of the County and maybe for the conference title. SV has shown the ability to run and gun with different kids. NV is well coached, will be well prepared, and will hang tough but run out of steam late. SV puts up a couple late scores and get a Vermillion County Championship. SV 34-22

I wanna know who the FC line judge is. I swear to God I do

On 9/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, Donnie Baker said:

My Donnie Baker rankings 

Both Vermilions

RP

Seegers

Fountain Centrals 

Little Trojans 

The Woofs 

Attica

I figured since I’m not coaching anymore and the legend himself Kevin Allen was on here, I couldn’t let him be the sole representation of Parke County.  Looking forward to talking football!

FC over Covington 35-21

PH over Attica 28-7

Seeger over RP 35-34 

NV over SV 41-35 2OT  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well I know @gonzoronand @Ballhawkare waiting so I’ll make my picks. 

The Ponies by 3 scores over the xs Trojans 

The Woofs aren’t real good but Attica is probably woser. The Woofs by a hoe bunch 

Probably Riverton Parkes first real test. I think they pass (not the qb) and win a tight game 

South Vermilions will pull away late and win by 2 scores. The WRC mega school will probably win the conference but get their ass kicked at sectional. 
I gotta go 

Edited by Donnie Baker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1