Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #4

Carmel @ Pike:  Hounds coming off a big out of state victory and easily the best two loss team in Indiana.  Pike, searching for answers after getting throttled by west side rival BD last week.  Hounds roll 37-13.

Center Grove @ Ben Davis:  Game of the night as CG coming off a loss for the first time in 2+ years.  Ben Davis looking poised after rolling Avon/Pike in consecutive weeks.  Think CG’s mindset and leadership gets it done in a close one.  28-23 Trojans 

Lawrence Central @ Warren Central:  Predicting a low scoring affair here as the gauntlet for both teams continues.  I could really see this one going either way.  Big rivalry win last week for the Bears, while Warren won a sloppy one over a poor NC team.  Warren eeks one out here 20-14.

North Central @ Lawrence North:  The good news?  NC scored some points last week.  The bad news?  Their D has been a screen door.  LN will be hungry after a rivalry loss and NC will provide enough medicine for the Cats to feel good Friday night.  LN wins 23-7.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:20 PM, temptation said:

Carmel @ Pike:  Hounds coming off a big out of state victory and easily the best two loss team in Indiana.  Pike, searching for answers after getting throttled by west side rival BD last week.  Hounds roll 37-13.

Center Grove @ Ben Davis:  Game of the night as CG coming off a loss for the first time in 2+ years.  Ben Davis looking poised after rolling Avon/Pike in consecutive weeks.  Think CG’s mindset and leadership gets it done in a close one.  28-23 Trojans 

Lawrence Central @ Warren Central:  Predicting a low scoring affair here as the gauntlet for both teams continues.  I could really see this one going either way.  Big rivalry win last week for the Bears, while Warren won a sloppy one over a poor NC team.  Warren eeks one out here 20-14.

North Central @ Lawrence North:  The good news?  NC scored some points last week.  The bad news?  Their D has been a screen door.  LN will be hungry after a rivalry loss and NC will provide enough medicine for the Cats to feel good Friday night.  LN wins 23-7.

Pike missed a big play in the first quarter to a wide open receiver. I wonder how that might have changed the game. As it stood, BD was in control in the game, and it might have been worse if not for a couple of penalties by BD. I don't see any way Pike beats Carmel. The Hounds win 28-0.

Ben Davis looks poised to finally end the long losing streak to CG. The Trojans still have won 30-straight over Indiana teams, but I feel like the Giants with Tommy G and Alijah Price and the stout defense turn the tide and snap the seven game skid. Gladly will eat my crow if I'm wrong. BD 35, CG 21

Warren still hasn't flipped the switch and played a 48 minute football game. LC is just creeping and creeping and creeping towards respectability. Will Patterson has done an amazing job. LC beats Warren, 21-20

LN needs this one. NC catching them on the rebound here might be an opportunity. We saw some life out of the Panthers against Warren. I think this one is more of a dogfight than many believe. LN wins in the end, 17-7.

Edited by BDGiant93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Pike missed a big play in the first quarter to a wide open receiver. I wonder how that might have changed the game. As it stood, BD was in control in the game, and it might have been worse if not for a couple of penalties by BD. I don't see any way Pike beats Carmel. The Hounds win 28-0.

Ben Davis looks poised to finally end the long losing streak to CG. The Trojans still have won 30-straight over Indiana teams, but I feel like the Giants with Tommy G and Alijah Price and the stout defense turn the tide and snap the seven game skid. Gladly will eat my crow if I'm wrong. BD 35, CG 21

Warren still hasn't flipped the switch and played a 48 minute football game. LC is just creeping and creeping and creeping towards respectability. Will Patterson has done an amazing job. LC beats Warren, 21-20

LN needs this one. NC catching them on the rebound here might be an opportunity. We saw some life out of the Panthers against Warren. I think this one is more of a dogfight than many believe. LN wins in the end, 17-7.

BD 14 point spread against CG.  Interesting.....

image.png.c3ae37b6840f27de118ad02a4f62778f.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

BD 14 point spread against CG.  Interesting.....

image.png.c3ae37b6840f27de118ad02a4f62778f.png

I said I'd eat my crow. I will too. I don't duck it. I could be very wrong. No disrespect to Center Grove. I have a great deal of respect for the Trojans.

I just think BD is a different squad with Thomas Gotkowski at QB. It's definitely the biggest test of the year. It just wouldn't surprise me to see the Trojans have to take a breath. They've played three big games in a row against three powerhouses. Ben Davis is REALLY solid in all three phases. I mean as solid as I've seen them in a long time. Maybe some of the young Giants won't be ready for the stage as this will be a big game. 

I just go with my gut feeling, and I feel that BD is ready for a breakout against CG. But, as I've often said, I once picked the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl.

51 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I said I'd eat my crow. I will too. I don't duck it. I could be very wrong. No disrespect to Center Grove. I have a great deal of respect for the Trojans.

I just think BD is a different squad with Thomas Gotkowski at QB. It's definitely the biggest test of the year. It just wouldn't surprise me to see the Trojans have to take a breath. They've played three big games in a row against three powerhouses. Ben Davis is REALLY solid in all three phases. I mean as solid as I've seen them in a long time. Maybe some of the young Giants won't be ready for the stage as this will be a big game. 

I just go with my gut feeling, and I feel that BD is ready for a breakout against CG. But, as I've often said, I once picked the Buffalo Bills to win the Super Bowl.

No doubt BD is tough, and that is saying something that you think they are different, given they are back to back semi-state teams.  Playing BD is always tough, especially on the west side.  And no doubt, been a tough set of games for CG.  What a gauntlet their first 4 games....I agree they have to be feeling it.

14 points just seemed like a big spread...but I like the confidence.  

I think Ben Davis wins this one.    Center Grove 17 - Ben Davis  28

Two main reason best CG RB injured and CG Pass defense.

When CG 1000 yard RB from last year went down for the year CG run game took a big hit so they moved one of their best and most experience defensive players to RB which is another loss on the defensive side of the ball.  Is this a bad sign for CG future running game that there was not a young RB ready to step up?

CG Pass defense IMO is average at best they gave up 353 yards to Carmel and I suspect they will have similar problems against Ben Davis.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 9:20 PM, temptation said:

Carmel 45-14

CG 31-17

Warren 34-20

LN 28-10

On 9/6/2022 at 11:37 AM, BDGiant93 said:

Well, I was wrong. There's a reason why Center Grove is still the champs. Great effort by the Trojans. Hopefully the Giants will see them again later in the year.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

BD obviously a lot better than some people gave them credit for to begin the year, myself included, but man that just feels like a game they needed to win. 

Hats off to Coach Patterson and the Bears. Wasn’t that long ago they were the laughing stock big school Indianapolis football. 

Where is the BD transfer QB from?

5 hours ago, Grover said:

CG & Ben Davis signed to play for the next four years.

I am glad to hear this. Coach Simmons was very vocal that he wanted to keep the Trojans on the schedule. Do you know if it's moving anywhere else in the schedule? I know BD will need a week 1 opponent after this year if it's still correct that Brownsburg dropped the Giants.

Edited by BDGiant93

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

I am glad to hear this. Coach Simmons was very vocal that he wanted to keep the Trojans on the schedule. Do you know if it's moving anywhere else in the schedule? I know BD will need a week 1 opponent after this year if it's still correct that Brownsburg dropped the Giants.

I have not heard about it moving on the schedule.

On 9/10/2022 at 5:05 PM, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis will play Cincinnati Moeller in week 1 in 2023 and 2024.  Ben Davis will play Cathedral in week 1 starting in 2025 and for the forseeable future.  https://bdhs.wayne.k12.in.us/athletics/boys/football/schedule/