Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NE8 week 4

EN (maybe closer than expected?)

CC (another possible closer than expected)

NH as this could go either way

Norwell by how much mercy they are willing to show the Braves

4 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:
Friday, Sep. 9
DeKalb at East Noble ©, 7 pm
Huntington North at Columbia City ©, 7 pm
Leo at New Haven ©, 7 pm
Norwell at Bellmont ©, 7 pm

second week of conference play....

Dekalb @ East Noble:  after a close on last week against Hunt North, I think the Knights have a "get right" week.  Knights 42-13

Hunt North @ Col City: Got a gut feeling on this one....Eagles wont be able to stop the Vikings ground and pound.  Vikings 28-24

Norwell @ Bellmont: this gets ugly early.......Knights 56-7

GOTW Leo @ New Haven:  almost a coin toss here.  Leo has not shown any flashes of being able to take a game over yet.  The Dawgs have lightning in a bottle in Graham and a running attack (QB running too) for the Lions to deal with.  Lions have been up and down the first three weeks....if they are down at all this week, thats game.  Bulldogs 26-24.

I'm starting to think any game in this conference that doesn't involve Norwell or Bellmont is going to be competitive.  Most teams will be in a dog fight every week which is a change from the last few years. 

I got to give kudos to Huntington North, that program is definitely on the rise.  They have about 30 more kids than years past. The atmosphere at their new stadium was electric, the crowd was huge, and the student section was bigger and louder than any I've seen in the conference in the last 5ish years.  Was awesome to see!

Dekalb @ East Noble: EN's Jekyll and Hyde offense sputtered again in week 3, putting it's D in a bad position more than once, but it came through when it mattered the most.  I think they clean it up and catch a breather at home -- EN by 14.

Huntington North @ Columbia City: CC passing attack seems pretty decent and I think they put some points on the board through the air at home.  Their D-Line better be IN SHAPE and ready for HN to pound the ball over and over -- quickly-- or it could go the other way. I Think CC wins a close one at home -- CC by 6.

Leo @ New Haven: I just keep waiting for things at Leo to click, I think they're close.  Clean up some sloppiness on offense and things will be much better.  Their D has a tough challenge this week though and if they can't get to the QB they could be in trouble.  Although it's close, my gut tells me -- Leo by 3.

Norwell @ Bellmont: I just hope no-one gets hurt!

On 9/6/2022 at 4:42 PM, Knightsfan_01 said:

I'm starting to think any game in this conference that doesn't involve Norwell or Bellmont is going to be competitive.  Most teams will be in a dog fight every week which is a change from the last few years. 

I got to give kudos to Huntington North, that program is definitely on the rise.  They have about 30 more kids than years past. The atmosphere at their new stadium was electric, the crowd was huge, and the student section was bigger and louder than any I've seen in the conference in the last 5ish years.  Was awesome to see!

Dekalb @ East Noble: EN's Jekyll and Hyde offense sputtered again in week 3, putting it's D in a bad position more than once, but it came through when it mattered the most.  I think they clean it up and catch a breather at home -- EN by 14.

Huntington North @ Columbia City: CC passing attack seems pretty decent and I think they put some points on the board through the air at home.  Their D-Line better be IN SHAPE and ready for HN to pound the ball over and over -- quickly-- or it could go the other way. I Think CC wins a close one at home -- CC by 6.

Leo @ New Haven: I just keep waiting for things at Leo to click, I think they're close.  Clean up some sloppiness on offense and things will be much better.  Their D has a tough challenge this week though and if they can't get to the QB they could be in trouble.  Although it's close, my gut tells me -- Leo by 3.

Norwell @ Bellmont: I just hope no-one gets hurt!

Like these picks and scores but I’d flip CC v HN.  HN by 6

15 hours ago, FlyingHigh said:

I’m surprised by the amount of people taking HN over CC. CC has looked good this year and their only loss is a 1-score game to a decent Delta team. HN’s one win is over Jay County. I’m taking CC by double digits. 

IMO HN earned some respect with the East Noble game.  Eastbrook game doesn’t look as impressive after Oakhill took them behind them woodshed.  We’ll find out a little more about Delta this week vs Yorktown.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:27 PM, FlyingHigh said:

I’m surprised by the amount of people taking HN over CC. CC has looked good this year and their only loss is a 1-score game to a decent Delta team. HN’s one win is over Jay County. I’m taking CC by double digits. 

Nvm… I have no idea what I’m talking about

• Haha 1