Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral at Bishop Chatard

10 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

The Irish played well and Coach Peebs got a chance to play a lot of players.  The Irish are off next week.  They couldn't find a game for week 5.

What do teams typically do when they have an off-week still early in the season?  I am sure Peebs will do everything to keep them sharp but a little bummer they are not playing Friday.

54 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

What do teams typically do when they have an off-week still early in the season?  I am sure Peebs will do everything to keep them sharp but a little bummer they are not playing Friday.

I would think there will be a scrimmage Friday night to keep the routine.  I think it's a shame that the Irish couldn't find an opponent.  Maybe teams just don't want to play at Arlington.  I don't have the answer for sure.

After watching the replay last night, it was good to see the Irish play a total game.  They were good on both sides of the ball, and there's still room for improvement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I would think there will be a scrimmage Friday night to keep the routine.  I think it's a shame that the Irish couldn't find an opponent.  Maybe teams just don't want to play at Arlington.  I don't have the answer for sure.

After watching the replay last night, it was good to see the Irish play a total game.  They were good on both sides of the ball, and there's still room for improvement.

Actually I just realized Irish play following week at Hammond Morton.🙄 so we actually have two weeks off, considering first unit will only see portion of that game.

Regarding scheduling...we played at Brownsburg last year and of course this year.  I wonder if they only agreed to play Cathedral if both games would be home (i.e. exclude that trip to Arlington).  Yes I heard from many sources and school admin that it has always been challenge for teams to schedule Irish for several reasons and venue is probably one of those!

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

Actually I just realized Irish play following week at Hammond Morton.🙄 so we actually have two weeks off, considering first unit will only see portion of that game.

Regarding scheduling...we played at Brownsburg last year and of course this year.  I wonder if they only agreed to play Cathedral if both games would be home (i.e. exclude that trip to Arlington).  Yes I heard from many sources and school admin that it has always been challenge for teams to schedule Irish for several reasons and venue is probably one of those!

I've also been told that many schools will not play the Irish at Arlington.  For some it's the grass field, and for others it's the neighborhood.  The field should not be of any concern because Turf Dogs do an outstanding job of keeping the field in great shape.  The rain prior to the Center Grove game last season was the exception, and there's nothing that can be done about that much rain.

Edited by PHJIrish

3 hours ago, Dave007 said:

I noticed after last night that Danny is now Cathedrals all-time leader in career passing touchdowns.

And he still has over a season and a half to add to that.

I've seen a lot of Cathedral QB's in my time, dating back to the mid 1950's, and Danny may be the best of 'em!  He's an exceptional talent!  He's become better about seeing the field and picking out open receivers this season.  And it helps that he has a lot of big and talented receivers.  

I do wish the Irish would stop changing players numbers.  It's hard on an old fan like me to keep up.☺️

After the off week, we do play at Hammond Morton, and I've been advised by some knowledgeable folks to not waste my money driving to Hammond for that one.  It will be the first Irish game I've missed, by my own will, in quite a while.  I can't believe I'll have two consecutive Fridays at home during football season!  My wife will not like this!

• Like 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:29 AM, PHJIrish said:

I was just about to ask if there was any reason why the Irish had tomorrow night off but figured you would give the answer somewhere in this forum and I was right! Definitely a shame they were not able to find an opponent this week.

On 9/10/2022 at 4:35 PM, PHJIrish said:

After the off week, we do play at Hammond Morton, and I've been advised by some knowledgeable folks to not waste my money driving to Hammond for that one.  It will be the first Irish game I've missed, by my own will, in quite a while.  I can't believe I'll have two consecutive Fridays at home during football season!  My wife will not like this!

Assuming you live in the Indianapolis area, plenty of other good games to get to tomorrow night. Brownsburg at Fishers and Hamilton Southeastern at Westfield should be two good games. Warren Central and Ben Davis typically worthwhile, and if you live on the south side of Indy, the trip down for Martinsville at Franklin or Mooresville at Decatur Central should be good ones too.

On 9/15/2022 at 2:45 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I was just about to ask if there was any reason why the Irish had tomorrow night off but figured you would give the answer somewhere in this forum and I was right! Definitely a shame they were not able to find an opponent this week.

Assuming you live in the Indianapolis area, plenty of other good games to get to tomorrow night. Brownsburg at Fishers and Hamilton Southeastern at Westfield should be two good games. Warren Central and Ben Davis typically worthwhile, and if you live on the south side of Indy, the trip down for Martinsville at Franklin or Mooresville at Decatur Central should be good ones too.

I'm at home being a keyboard jockey, watching some games.  Not many good games on my side of town this weekend.  It's strange to be at home tonight, in the middle of September.  And we will not be going to Hammond next week either.  Next up for my little group will be Cincinnati LaSalle at Arlington, two weeks from tonight.

I hope everyone has a good game night tonight!

• Like 1