Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC WEEK 4

Well, last week had 2 major upsets I really didn't see coming.  I thought Oak Hill could play with Eastbrook, but still thought EB would win.

Madison Grant easily defeating Ole Miss was another shocker.  I guess the scores showed total domination.  Eastbrook averaged less than 1 yard per run and only gained 80 yards for the game.  

With that in mind and 3 CIC teams ranked in the top 10; MG, OH and EB, let's look at the picks.

Starting with the easy picks (I think)

Alexandria-Monroe @ Elwood - this is all Alex.  I predict it may be their last win of the season.  Should be a pretty lopsided score, subs should play alot.

Madison-Grant @ Blackford - MG scores whenever they want against a very weak Blackford team.  MG gets OH on 9/16, may be the game of the year in the CIC.  Who would have thunk it!

Oak Hill @ Mississinewa - Got to go with Oak Hill in this one after their beat down of EB.  Ole Miss will do a lot of passing.  They through 38 times against MG.  OH is too tough and focused and not looking at MG, but takes care of business.

Frankton @ Eastbrook - I'd really like to pick Frankton.  Granted, they beat a weak Elwood team, but they've dramatically improved and I'm not sure what happened to EB after 2 very nice wins to start the year.  They're still ranked 9th in 2A, but maybe the balance of power has slightly shifted.

Anyways, what are your thoughts for this week?

Have a great week and a safe Friday night!!

Alexandria at Elwood--Elwood is improving but Alexandria still cruises to a win.

Madison-Grant at Blackford--MG is coming off of a big win but this week they take care of business again and beat Blackford.

Oak Hill at Mississinewa--Oak Hill had a huge win and their defense is very strong.  Mississinewa had a unexpected loss last week and uses the loss as motivation.  As much as I want to say my Indians will win, I have to go with Oak Hill in this one.

Frankton at Eastbrook--Frankton is much improved.  Eastbrook was shut out last week for the first time in a very long time.  Eastbrook rights the ship and gets back on track with a win this week.

Alex over Elwood.      Could be Alex's last win for a while

MG over Blackford    Good to see MG putting together a great start to the season

Oak Hill over Mississinewa   A little surprised by last weeks MG- Old Miss score

Frankton over Eastbrook      If ever the Eagle can get a win, this might be the year. 

Good luck all and stay healthy 

1 hour ago, Giantbeareagle80 said:

Alex over Elwood.      Could be Alex's last win for a while

MG over Blackford    Good to see MG putting together a great start to the season

Oak Hill over Mississinewa   A little surprised by last weeks MG- Old Miss score

Frankton over Eastbrook      If ever the Eagle can get a win, this might be the year. 

Good luck all and stay healthy 

Frankton will not beat Eastbrook.  Don’t confuse the fact that Oak Hill won against the Panthers translating into other teams in the CIC beating them.  Oak Hill is just a really good team!

43 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:
5 hours ago, Mongo said:

Frankton will not beat Eastbrook.  Don’t confuse the fact that Oak Hill won against the Panthers translating into other teams in the CIC beating them.  Oak Hill is just a really good team!

That would be the upset of the decade!  LOL

Don't think Frankton is there yet.  I expect Eastbrook to come out on fire.

Well the young Eagles could not recover from the first 1:15 of the first quarter.  The 9 points give up killed us. From then on they outscored Eastbrook 24-20.  A great game with big hits and big plays.  Hopefully these game will be good ones in the future.  Oh ya I wasn’t confused when I sad they have a chance.