Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

6 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Our 8th grade team was only beaten twice--by GS, by a measly score, and we shouldn't have lost that one, that was a bad deal, and then the other loss was to Washington, their 8th grade is good.

If it weren't for the clock operator (yes the clock should stop on 1st downs) GS 8th grade could crush HH at any other venue!  😉

Mt. Vernon did barely beat Washington as well....but we crushed Mt. Vernon.

Edited by Titan32

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

Didn’t Memorial play you guys pretty close, but got canceled at half because of some hooligans running loose 

That was 7th grade.  I think it was Tell City that cancelled the 7th grade game and they picked you guys up.  

Frankly, I would have rather have played Memorial and had a competitive game that beat the snot out of TC, that doesn't really help anybody.

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

If it weren't for the clock operator (yes the clock should stop on 1st downs) GS 8th grade could crush HH at any other venue!  😉

Mt. Vernon did barely beat Washington as well....but we crushed Mt. Vernon.

The clock was the problem.  If the clock operator would have paid attention to what he was doing, that  GS TD before the half wouldn't have happened.  

Us fumbling at the 5 didn't help either.

It's 8th grade football.  Wins and losses don't matter much, but it is fun to win.

Edited by HHPatriots

Just now, HHPatriots said:

The clock was the problem.  If the clock operator would have paid attention to what he was doing, that  GS TD before the half wouldn't have happened.  

Us fumbling at the 5 didn't help either.

It's 8th grade football.  Wins and losses don't matter much, but it is fun to win.

But had they stopped the clock when they were supposed to there would have been plenty of time left.  Lower level games at the jungle have been weird as of late.  Problem is volunteerism is down everywhere...folks things this stuff just happens by magic.  

11 hours ago, Titan32 said:

But had they stopped the clock when they were supposed to there would have been plenty of time left.  Lower level games at the jungle have been weird as of late.  Problem is volunteerism is down everywhere...folks things this stuff just happens by magic.  

It truly is. I work in athletics at the collegiate level and trying to find volunteers for events it like grasping into thin air. And the one's we do get...let's just say "bless their hearts" like they do in the South. Too often I've seen uninterested student volunteers almost get impaled by an awry javelin or hammer.

• 5 weeks later...

@Titan32 I'm unfamiliar with the process now that the PAC has small/big divisions.  They do not do 1st Team/2nd team, but rather All Conference/Honorable Mention?

And in situations where there are two names - Center for example.  Does that represent a tie vote so both were named?

Thanks in advance. 

Oh... and Congratulations to all the young men named!

16 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

@Titan32 I'm unfamiliar with the process now that the PAC has small/big divisions.  They do not do 1st Team/2nd team, but rather All Conference/Honorable Mention?

And in situations where there are two names - Center for example.  Does that represent a tie vote so both were named?

Thanks in advance. 

Oh... and Congratulations to all the young men named!

There are two lists, one for the small school division and one for the large school division.  You are correct, the PAC does not do first team/second team (I guess HM is a little bit like second team).  In the case of center for the Big school division there must have been a tie.

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

There are two lists, one for the small school division and one for the large school division.  You are correct, the PAC does not do first team/second team (I guess HM is a little bit like second team).  In the case of center for the Big school division there must have been a tie.

Thanks for the clarification. 

And I am guessing there must have been ties for DB as well.

That 3-4-6 Defense would be tough to score on! LOL 

12 hours ago, Titan32 said:

You typically don't see the OL separated into positions for the PAC. If memory serves me correct, it's typically just a blanket OL (and you may end up with more than five players).

With the different offenses and defenses, the teams askew positions year-to-year, as some teams run even/odd defensive fronts leaving the DE either as a DL or LB. This can also happen with DBs and LBs, if a player is a "Rover" SS/LB split. When all is said, they do a pretty good job of making the list flexible to try and include the best players -- classic example is two good QBs and one getting moved to DB or P/K if they played it.

I'd suggest adding 2-4 ATH positions and then just limiting the offensive and defensive teams to 11 (plus a K & P).

11 hours ago, Titan32 said:

But the PAC only runs wishbone! 😂

Who would be the FB this year either in a Wishbone or some form of the Flexbone (just for short yardage...)? Actually, some kind of Pistol/Run-N-Shoot would be interesting this year as TEs were in short supply. I've always thought the Run-N-Shoot circa 1990s NFL has been underused in HS. 

HS went from Power -> Pro (one TE, two WR/tight slot) -> Variations of the spread. Timing is really hard to get right with the Pistol, but when executed well, everything goes downhill and you have the options of the Wing T with long and short motion, options, shovel passes, play action, screens.

And no GS spread!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

So looks like the only team to beat us this season is doing pretty well.

https://www.wbko.com/2021/11/27/south-warren-blows-out-woodford-county-46-25-advances-5a-state-title-game/

I genuinely want to know how they would do against the likes of Westfield/Cathedral/Center Grove this year.  That team was loaded and would have been a contender at the very least in Indiana at the 5A/6A level. 

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2021 at 11:56 AM, Titan32 said:

So looks like the only team to beat us this season is doing pretty well.

https://www.wbko.com/2021/11/27/south-warren-blows-out-woodford-county-46-25-advances-5a-state-title-game/

Looks like SW is going to have a good matchup with Frederick Douglass for the title game tomorrow.  https://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/article256261542.html

Ok, so maybe this is a better question for the officiating page... but how on earth do you have a safety on a kickoff??  In the WBKO article it notes: "[the] opening kickoff landed in the hands of the Yellowjackets returner who fell backwards into the end zone for a safety." 

The accompanying video in the article is shot from ground level and not completely clear, but around the 0:10 mark you can tell the ball bounces several times and appears to be picked up short of the goal line and advanced forward, perhaps more sideways than toward the K team, but it doesn't look like he retreats back into the end zone at all on his own.  Right before the shot is momentarily obscured it looks like his is hit and driven back into the end zone by a couple guys.  Perhaps there was a fumble that was recovered by R in the end zone...?  But the video doesn't really support that.  Hard to tell for certain from the video though.  Either way, seems like a really weird play.

14 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Looks like South Warren is the KY 5A state champs after another dominant win

@vicvinegari see you laughed at my previous comment about wanting to see them play cathedral and being a contender. Any comments now? 5A vs 5A….indiana vs Kentucky…14-1 vs 14-1 

I thought you were referring to GS, not SW.

• 1 month later...