20. East Central
  21. Gibson Southern
  22. Zionsville
  23. Mooresville 
  24. Noblesville
  25. West Lafayette 
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BTF said:

Wondering how good Warsaw is. Northwood and Mishawaka on the horizon. 

Agreed here. These next few weeks will be telling, especially for the Warsaw defense. Their starting until has only given up 1 touchdown through 4 games. They will have their hands full this week in Nappanee against NorthWood

8 hours ago, temptation said:
  1. Center Grove
  2. Brownsburg 
  3. Cathedral
  4. Ben Davis
  5. New Palestine
  6. Carmel
  7. Hamilton Southeastern
  8. Fishers
  9. Westfield
  10. Lawrence Central
  11. Roncalli
  12. Warren Central
  13. Whiteland 
  14. Crown Point
  15. Penn
  16. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  17. Fort Wayne Snider 
  18. Bishop Chatard
  19. Merrillville
  20. East Central
  21. Gibson Southern
  22. Zionsville
  23. Mooresville 
  24. Noblesville
  25. West Lafayette 

Great list. May I ask if it’s more a “poll” style ranking or are these who you think are the 25 best teams in the state?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Great list. May I ask if it’s more a “poll” style ranking or are these who you think are the 25 best teams in the state?

Not sure what you mean.  It’s a week to week deal based on results.

Sort of throwing darts based on common opponents and box scores.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not sure what you mean.  It’s a week to week deal based on results.

Sort of throwing darts based on common opponents and box scores.

Essentially meaning that AP and Coaches polls pretty much always don’t have the 10 best teams.

Like when a 6a team who has an easy schedule goes 9-0 and is in the top 10 while an MIC team who everyone knows would beat said undefeated team is not in the top 10.

So I basically am asking is this more of a “poll” or power rankings (perceived best teams, regardless of record)?

19 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Like when a 6a team who has an easy schedule goes 9-0 and is in the top 10 while an MIC team who everyone knows would beat said undefeated team is not in the top 10.

Example? You seem bothered.

Edited by BTF
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

15 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Kokomo Wildkats

Clinton Prairie Gophers

South Montgomery Mounties

Kokomo - HM (#36)

42 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

Essentially meaning that AP and Coaches polls pretty much always don’t have the 10 best teams.

So I basically am asking is this more of a “poll” or power rankings (perceived best teams, regardless of record)?

Power rankings by your definition I guess.  I mean Carmel, Warren and LC have two losses and are still near the top.

Weird I had to spell that out.

35 minutes ago, temptation said:

Kokomo - HM (#36)

Power rankings by your definition I guess.  I mean Carmel, Warren and LC have two losses and are still near the top.

Weird I had to spell that out.

Alright dude lol. Don’t know why you have to be condescending.

I guess it’s weird you have Gibson Southern at 21 and West Lafayette at 25. Warsaw, Franklin Central, Lawrence North, Lafayette Jeff would all beat those 2. Noblesville, Mooresville and Zionsville all would also beat Gibson Southern. 

Weird.

42 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

I guess it’s weird you have Gibson Southern at 21 and West Lafayette at 25. Warsaw, Franklin Central, Lawrence North, Lafayette Jeff would all beat those 2. Noblesville, Mooresville and Zionsville all would also beat Gibson Southern. 

Weird.

I’ll take Gibson Southern over all of them 

Might have an opening next year on the schedule. Make it happen lol 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ll take Gibson Southern over all of them 

Might have an opening next year on the schedule. Make it happen lol 

You’re a Gibson Southern fan, of course you would. A 7 point win over Terre Haute South is not impressive at all. All 7 teams I listed would blow Terre Haute South out of the water

49 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

You’re a Gibson Southern fan, of course you would. A 7 point win over Terre Haute South is not impressive at all. All 7 teams I listed would blow Terre Haute South out of the water

It was week 1 with 3 freshman starters and like 5 or so sophomores….against a team with a lot of seniors.  It’s the only loss THS has so far too

GS just got a win over the defending 5A state champs in KY….only a 4 point win.  Is that better for you lol

if people think Chatard can play with these teams….then West Lafayette and Gibson Southern can give them a run for their money too. 

do they have to play a more perfect game? Commit fewer mistakes/turnovers?  

Absolutely.

But don’t just assume that mid level 6A teams will have a walk in the park against the top of 3A.  GS and WL might be 4A in a few years from enrollment and if they were 4A playing the same schedule this conversation wouldn’t happen lol 

59 minutes ago, Bears62 said:

image.jpeg.9f3044d148c2d683a7ac36dbddd6faa4.jpeg

image.jpeg.c719c90231e03979b7d2bed332e68a81.jpeg

image.jpeg.8416f628146f8855d9bbfff5fb62c1b3.jpeg

image.jpeg.c22de89c34c773cf6b26aeff6e2c277d.jpeg

image.jpeg.eec5cc0b73ae8f67078a63b25c8670b0.jpeg

image.jpeg.974829783c9bb7295ff1d8dd5b380dca.jpeg

image.jpeg.89ee82105ebfed5f70808cd3dd814ddd.jpeg

So that's GS at 2-4 vs your 6A examples and down one score to the 4A example, 2-5 overall.  Maybe not a win over all of them every time, but I don't think GS would get shut down by all seven, if ever given the chance.  All losses within striking distance, especially for a GS offense.

I don't imagine GS would likely back down from getting a 2-year deal with any of them, other than maybe travel limitations.  Then again, GS met Calumet in Brownsburg to make up a covid game, so maybe not so unlikely. 

Until then, all hypothetical.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

It was week 1 with 3 freshman starters and like 5 or so sophomores….against a team with a lot of seniors.  It’s the only loss THS has so far too

GS just got a win over the defending 5A state champs in KY….only a 4 point win.  Is that better for you lol

if people think Chatard can play with these teams….then West Lafayette and Gibson Southern can give them a run for their money too. 

do they have to play a more perfect game? Commit fewer mistakes/turnovers?  

Absolutely.

But don’t just assume that mid level 6A teams will have a walk in the park against the top of 3A.  GS and WL might be 4A in a few years from enrollment and if they were 4A playing the same schedule this conversation wouldn’t happen lol 

THS only has 1 loss because they play pretty bad teams. And they are coming off 1-9 and 2-8 seasons… they’re a bad program.

That is a great win and a game I didn’t think they’d win.

Chatard is better than both, 100%. I could see GS and Chatard having a somewhat competitive game. West Lafayette is worse than they were last year. But GS is not hanging around with Roncalli like Chatard did, I’m sorry.

I don’t assume anything based on class. I go by results and who people play. GS is great and punch above their weight easily. They’re no doubt one of the 5 best teams in 3a this year. But 3a is very watered down this year, similarly to how 5a is but not quite as much.

14 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

image.jpeg.9f3044d148c2d683a7ac36dbddd6faa4.jpeg

image.jpeg.c719c90231e03979b7d2bed332e68a81.jpeg

image.jpeg.8416f628146f8855d9bbfff5fb62c1b3.jpeg

image.jpeg.c22de89c34c773cf6b26aeff6e2c277d.jpeg

image.jpeg.eec5cc0b73ae8f67078a63b25c8670b0.jpeg

image.jpeg.974829783c9bb7295ff1d8dd5b380dca.jpeg

image.jpeg.89ee82105ebfed5f70808cd3dd814ddd.jpeg

So that's GS at 2-4 vs your 6A examples and down one score to the 4A example, 2-5 overall.  Maybe not a win over all of them every time, but I don't think GS would get shut down by all seven, if ever given the chance.  All losses within striking distance, especially for a GS offense.

I don't imagine GS would likely back down from getting a 2-year deal with any of them, other than maybe travel limitations.  Then again, GS met Calumet in Brownsburg to make up a covid game, so maybe not so unlikely. 

Until then, all hypothetical.

image.jpeg

What site are these predictions from?

And come on man lol. Warsaw is not squeaking out a win over Terre Haute South… everyone knows that.

Edited by Bears62

As a side note

i remember last year people wrote off New Albany in 5A because GS put a running clock on them….they went on to go like 10-4 and only fell to cathedral in semi state 

i think Terre Haute South could surprise people this year.  It’s a good group of kids and they can score some points.  Their RB is a man amongst boys too…an absolute unit 

7 hours ago, Bears62 said:

Weird.

Yeah, he’s right.  You’re salty.

13 hours ago, Bears62 said:

I liken it to Sagarins' ratings but with a human computer...

• Like 1
  • Kill me now 1

10 hours ago, Bears62 said:

But 3a is very watered down this year, similarly to how 5a is but not quite as much.

Homerism at it's finest. You only think 5a is watered down because your Indy brother Cathedral isn't there. 5A north is looking pretty fierce right now. Something Zionsville wouldn't survive if they were still there. 

• Haha 1