Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern (4-0) @ Southridge (4-0)

0D37E7C4-678B-4856-A1B1-5BBF437F7459.jpeg.dfbd8cf6c80f38c62d3c7cf82c6104f2.jpeg

Battle of undefeated teams 

#1 PAC Big school vs #1 PAC Small school

Gibson Southern coming off a huge game and huge win and now have to go into Southridge 

Southridge quietly dominating all year and I believe they have only allowed 1 Td through 4 games.  

certainly not trying to count chickens before they hatch….but if there was a conference championship game between the big school and small school division….this would be that game 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2022 at 1:32 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

0D37E7C4-678B-4856-A1B1-5BBF437F7459.jpeg.dfbd8cf6c80f38c62d3c7cf82c6104f2.jpeg

Battle of undefeated teams 

#1 PAC Big school vs #1 PAC Small school

Gibson Southern coming off a huge game and huge win and now have to go into Southridge 

Southridge quietly dominating all year and I believe they have only allowed 1 Td through 4 games.  

certainly not trying to count chickens before they hatch….but if there was a conference championship game between the big school and small school division….this would be that game 

GS needs to play team football Friday or SR will be happy to hand us a loss. Sounds like SR is playing lights out D and they can methodically grind out yards and points on offense. If our heads come in too inflated by the results of the first four games and we forget to reset to the new week and focus, SR won't mind popping the collective bubble for us.

GS takes it if they keep playing team ball like they have been. Exciting football to watch!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Esso Ayche said:

GS needs to play team football Friday or SR will be happy to hand us a loss. Sounds like SR is playing lights out D and they can methodically grind out yards and points on offense. If our heads come in too inflated by the results of the first four games and we forget to reset to the new week and focus, SR won't mind popping the collective bubble for us.

GS takes it if they keep playing team ball like they have been. Exciting football to watch!

I’ve been impressed with the defense so far with GS, especially the rush defense knowing there are 2 freshman and a handful of sophomores playing on that side.

#54 has been huge this year…kid is arguably ahead of where his older brother was and making such an impact on that DL right now 

38 minutes ago, TitanFootball said:

I’m sure all the fake sites will say it is. 

My brother texted me one night trying to find our game streamed. "I've tried 3 different credit cards and I still can't see the game." LOL. I couldn't believe it.

I texted him back to immediately  call all his credit cards and stop any charges. 

• Haha 2

As been stated, if we could have an overall PAC winner this is it.

I can tell you that Southridge is still VERY salty that they are in the small school side of the PAC.   While a loss doesn't hurt either team for their respective conference, they feel like they got something to prove.  I would love to go to this game.

21 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

As been stated, if we could have an overall PAC winner this is it.

I can tell you that Southridge is still VERY salty that they are in the small school side of the PAC.   While a loss doesn't hurt either team for their respective conference, they feel like they got something to prove.  I would love to go to this game.

I didn’t know Southridge had a problem being in the small school division 

i assumed since they were a 2A playing up in 3A (at least they were, now might be enrollment) that they didn’t have any issues on the matter.  

As a masochist that many GS fans have become lol, I would welcome SR as a real conference game

move Washington to the small school to give them a chance to regroup and build more.  

would then open up another week we could find a 5A team to spoil the fun on😂

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I didn’t know Southridge had a problem being in the small school division 

i assumed since they were a 2A playing up in 3A (at least they were, now might be enrollment) that they didn’t have any issues on the matter.  

As a masochist that many GS fans have become lol, I would welcome SR as a real conference game

move Washington to the small school to give them a chance to regroup and build more.  

would then open up another week we could find a 5A team to spoil the fun on😂

I think I speak for the Southridge community when I say that they would love to be in the large school division.    I have a ton of friends, people i work with, go to church with, from Huntingburg and ALL of them would rather play in the big school division.  They would love to have Washington or Princeton swap with them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

I think I speak for the Southridge community when I say that they would love to be in the large school division.    I have a ton of friends, people i work with, go to church with, from Huntingburg and ALL of them would rather play in the big school division.  They would love to have Washington or Princeton swap with them.

I think everyone kinda wants SR in the big school division

i know the divisions are not meant to be promotion/relegation system though. 

my very biased vote is Washington to go to the small school….simply because I don’t want to go back to having our county rivalry with Princeton as a non conference game.

Having Mt V, HH, GS, Boon, SR in the big school division would be a lot of fun to follow 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

9 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

my very biased vote is Washington to go to the small school….simply because I don’t want to go back to having our county rivalry with Princeton as a non conference game.

Having Mt V, HH, GS, Boon, SR in the big school division would be a lot of fun to follow 

I hear what you are saying but your county rivalry has gone the way of our county rivalry.  

It isn't much of a rivalry when you blow them out year after year.  It has gotten to the point that it isn't even a rivalry game.  

"Having Mt V, HH, GS, Boon, SR in the big school division would be a lot of fun to follow"--EXACTLY--now that would be good.  

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

I hear what you are saying but your county rivalry has gone the way of our county rivalry.  

It isn't much of a rivalry when you blow them out year after year.  It has gotten to the point that it isn't even a rivalry game.  

"Having Mt V, HH, GS, Boon, SR in the big school division would be a lot of fun to follow"--EXACTLY--now that would be good.  

Yeah that’s true.  I personally just enjoy it because I can poke fun at the wife since she is a Princeton grad and I went to GS.  But for football….it’s completely non competitive.  It’s been 20 years since Princeton got a W and that was only because Gs had to forfeit a game back in like 2003 or something 

At this point the only good that comes from the game is any charity work done for the week/at the game.  Princeton isn’t getting anywhere being blown out by GS and GS only gets bragging rights against a school that largely doesn’t care about football.  Basketball is Princetons favorite sport by far 

21 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ve been impressed with the defense so far with GS, especially the rush defense knowing there are 2 freshman and a handful of sophomores playing on that side.

Actually it’s the 2 freshmen and just 1 sophomore getting minutes. 6 senior starters with the 7th out with an ACL and a 3 or 4 juniors seeing action.  Another sophomore might get time now that a junior was injured on Friday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Actually it’s the 2 freshmen and just 1 sophomore getting minutes. 6 senior starters with the 7th out with an ACL and a 3 or 4 juniors seeing action.  Another sophomore might get time now that a junior was injured on Friday.

I was under the impression the sophomore safety was playing good snaps already

either way it’s a young team 

I was thinking earlier in the offseason “ya know….it’s probably easier to project the 2023 team and how good they are than this year.” Simply because there are so many guys coming back 

this year has been a nice surprise so far 

7 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I was thinking earlier in the offseason “ya know….it’s probably easier to project the 2023 team and how good they are than this year.” Simply because there are so many guys coming back 

I don’t know.  This senior group has had a pretty good run from TYFL on up.

17 minutes ago, Titandad71 said:

This is the Quietest GS vs SR thread ive ever seen, need wardaddy to come out of retirement.

Gag order?

Definitely feels like radio silence.  But SR fans have been rather quiet all season so far.  Maybe their fans just haven’t logged on here as much this year as they have in previous years.  

but that’s just my perspective and just speculation at best. 

kinda wish we would hear more about this team because this seems like one of the better teams they have had in the last few years…at least since the 2017/2018 years 

It has been SEVERAL months since I have logged on and I have been trying to play catchup on all of the other threads. 

Now, This (on paper) should be a dogfight... but, Gibson Southern is a different animal compared to every team Southridge has played this year. Southridge D is TOUGH. giving up only one TD through the first 4 games, and that was during garbage time in the Washington game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

It has been SEVERAL months since I have logged on and I have been trying to play catchup on all of the other threads. 

Now, This (on paper) should be a dogfight... but, Gibson Southern is a different animal compared to every team Southridge has played this year. Southridge D is TOUGH. giving up only one TD through the first 4 games, and that was during garbage time in the Washington game.

stick around…we need more PAC fans besides HH and GS and the 1/2 north posey fans.  

it’s going to be really interesting to see how this one unfolds. I think it’s always tough coming off a big emotional win and then going on the road to another top notch opponent.  GS has to get off the bus for this one and be ready. 

Also going to be interesting to see how this defense handles SR.  I don’t think GS has seen the type of offense SR runs.  The DL has been very impressive this year so this will be a fun challenge getting new looks with lots of motions and fakes

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 10:55 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

They should vote on this during the off-season. I can't see anybody disagreeing with a Washington Southridge swap.