Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

College Season 2022

Irishman

For the teams that don't have their own topic. 
Texas Alabama was fun to watch. I guess they both could not lose lol

I was telling friends during the game that Texas settling for 2 FG's and missing another when they had great drives or field position was going to bite them. 

The penalties.......so many flags; all good calls, but I don't ever remember a Bama team being that undisciplined. 

Texas' defense is really good. 

Bama's pass defense struggled. But Texas could not take advantage like they should have.

Does Bama stay at 1? I say they do, but we shall see. 

Houston was projected to be at least a New year's Day 6 teamthis year. They had to come from 14 down against UTSA last week. They were 14 down this week against Texas Tech, but TT was able to get the game to OT. They held Houston to a FG in the second OT series, and scored a TD after that to win. 

Texas A&M, ranked 6th loses to Appalachian State. 

Looks like a season very similar to last year where a lot of teams will be moving in the rankings. 

18 hours ago, Irishman said:

For the teams that don't have their own topic. 
Texas Alabama was fun to watch. I guess they both could not lose lol

I was telling friends during the game that Texas settling for 2 FG's and missing another when they had great drives or field position was going to bite them. 

The penalties.......so many flags; all good calls, but I don't ever remember a Bama team being that undisciplined. 

Texas' defense is really good. 

Bama's pass defense struggled. But Texas could not take advantage like they should have.

Does Bama stay at 1? I say they do, but we shall see. 

Yes, the top 5 will and should remain unchanged.

Bama played about as poorly as they could for three quarters, had 15 penalties for 100 yards and still went into an environment of over 100k and won.

We’ve been spoiled.

I’m just glad they are human.  Gives others hope.

AP Poll:

Georgia moves up to #1 and rightfully so.

Michigan should be at #3 in front of Ohio State, not vise versa.

Wondering who gave Ohio State a first place vote. Comical. 

Marshall comes in at #26. Just a matter of time before they crack the Top 20.

Notre Dame drops to #36. Not much opinion here. 

Edited by BTF

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

AP Poll:

Michigan looks good but I don’t think they’ve done anything to jump Ohio State. Hawaii is arguably the worst FBS team in America and Colorado State just lost by two scores (in a game that wasn’t that close) to a Middle Tennessee State team who lost to an FSC team by 37 points last week. They play UConn next week as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Michigan looks good but I don’t think they’ve done anything to jump Ohio State. Hawaii is arguably the worst FBS team in America and Colorado State just lost by two scores (in a game that wasn’t that close) to a Middle Tennessee State team who lost to an FSC team by 37 points last week. They play UConn next week as well.

Debatable. Eye test. It's obvious I'm not a fan of Day (maybe warranted, maybe not). 

10 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Agree.

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

AP Poll:

Disagree that Bama drops behind Georgia for a “close” road win while Georgia was bullying SAMFORD.

Is “rankings don’t matter” guy anywhere to be found?

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Agree.

Disagree that Bama drops behind Georgia for a “close” road win while Georgia was bullying SAMFORD.

Is “rankings don’t matter” guy anywhere to be found?

I think you have to look at body of work starting in Week 1. Trouncing Oregon, a team that beat Ohio State in Columbus last year, 49-3 is eye popping. Georgia passes the eye test in my opinion. I get it, this is the one game that Alabama finds a way to squeak by when they could have easily lost. It happens every year. Then they trounce everyone else they play. I'm still ranking Georgia over them this week based on what I saw. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think you have to look at body of work starting in Week 1. Trouncing Oregon, a team that beat Ohio State in Columbus last year, 49-3 is eye popping. Georgia passes the eye test in my opinion. I get it, this is the one game that Alabama finds a way to squeak by when they could have easily lost. It happens every year. Then they trounce everyone else they play. I'm still ranking Georgia over them this week based on what I saw. 

Oh, I am not denouncing Georgia's "body of work" by any means rather focusing on the team (Bama) that went into a hornet's nest and still escaped with a win.

Last year should not matter as it relates to Oregon.  Different coach, different team.  

Hell, based on the eye test Texas with a healthy Ewers.  is much better than Oregon despite a small sample size.

Edited by temptation

Polls mean very little at this point.  Although it was a narrow win for Alabama, it was a road win in a very hostile environment.  BTW, their defense only gave up 19 points, not too shabby.  Yes, UGA did beat a FCS team by a whopping 33 points, but Purdue also did the same thing...but by 56.  

2 hours ago, Gipper said:

Polls mean very little at this point.  Although it was a narrow win for Alabama, it was a road win in a very hostile environment.  BTW, their defense only gave up 19 points, not too shabby.  Yes, UGA did beat a FCS team by a whopping 33 points, but Purdue also did the same thing...but by 56.  

Right on schedule.

• Confused 1

Fun day so far. 🙂
Penn State goes into Jordan Hare Stadium and dominates Auburn. Penn State might be really good folks. But Auburn is not really good, so who knows? 

If you have not seen the end of the App State Troy game, you need to see this
https://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401426333 

Fox tried HARD to hype the OU Nebraska game, to no avail though. It was a good first series though lol

Northwestern loses to a team that lost to the nuns of Incarnate Word in week one. The nuns put up 64 points on the Salukis. I have known just how tough and mean some nuns are, but damn. lol That is a HORRIBLE loss for NU. 

Oregon pounds number 12 BYU