Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 5

Halftimes this Friday is halfway through the season. Looking like the SV Cherry pickers will get a trophy for their case unless something bizarre happens. 

Covington at South Vermilion 

Fountain Central at Attica 

North Vermilion at Riverton Parke 

The Woofs of Parke Heritage at Seeger 

Weekly power rankings later after I hit all the McDonald’s and talk to the hot youth league moms. I gotta go 

• Haha 1

Week 5 Picks...

Covington @ South Vermillion - The Wildcats came out and punched the Falcons in the face and coasted to a victory. The Trojans came out and punched the Mustangs in the face and got rolled after that. I think the Wildcats really separated themselves from the rest of the pack last week. They win big, 40-14.

Fountain Central @ Attica - The Mustangs finally woke from their slumber last week and got a good win. The Red Ramblers got man handled by a winless Woolfs team. FC is better than their record indicates. Mustangs get WRC victory #2, 40-6.

North Vermillion @ Riverton Parke - The Falcons have to win out and hope some one beats SV to share the WRC crown now. The Panthers just couldn't get themselves over the hump last week against Seeger. Look for both teams to refocus this week. This has game of the week potential. Panthers get the Homecoming victory, 27-26.

Parke Heritage at Seeger - The Woolfs took their frustrations out on Attica last week and got their first win. The Patriots roughed up Riverton Parke for their second win in a row. I don't think this will be a Dog Fight, Seeger wins big, 35-7.

I took the weekend to STFU at the request of my good pal gonzos. Very refreshing, thanks for the recommendation. We’ll keep this one simple: 
2A Little Brothers will conquer the Men of Troy handily

The Ponies will continue their good fortune and trample the Ramblies

The Crabtrees will come off of a tough loss and make it a sad homecoming for the Panthers

Seegers come out victorious in their Woof hunt. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Dan Smith said:

I took the weekend to STFU at the request of my good pal gonzos. Very refreshing, thanks for the recommendation. We’ll keep this one simple: 
2A Little Brothers will conquer the Men of Troy handily

The Ponies will continue their good fortune and trample the Ramblies

The Crabtrees will come off of a tough loss and make it a sad homecoming for the Panthers

Seegers come out victorious in their Woof hunt. 

Gonzos ain’t our boss and I’ll say it right to his face!

Fountain Central at Attica I think I've picked wrong on Attica every week this season. Is this the week I get it right? The boys on the patio at Robie's ain't gonna be happy.

North Vermilion at Riverton Parke History is important and I'll say it right to your face.

The Woofs of Parke Heritage at Seeger  I may have picked wrong on Seegers every week also. Yet here I am, hoping I can Turn the Page this week.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Halftimes this Friday is halfway through the season. Looking like the SV Cherry pickers will get a trophy for their case unless something bizarre happens. 

Weekly power rankings later after I hit all the McDonald’s and talk to the hot youth league moms. I gotta go 

South Vermilions 34-19

Fountain Centrals 41-6

Riverton Parkes 30-28

Seeger 27-7

• Like 1

Covington @ SV - Sounds like SV will be the WRC Champs. SV wins by as much as they want

FC @ Attica - FC wins 48-12

NV @ RP - Game of the week. Wonder how both teams will respond to the losses last week. I think it'll be a close high scoring game.  I'll take RP 35-32

PH @ Seeger - Seeger wins 40-6

• Like 2

Covington @ South Vermillion - Wildcats aren't as mild as in years past. Covington still slings it just not like they did last year. Mildcats might just be benefiting a little from the big fish in a small pond effect. SV rolls 42-6

Fountain Central @ Attica - FC is better than they've shown so far and they have a HOF coach, sometimes that matters. Attica unfortunately become the punching bag of the WRC. FC and the HOFer take care of business early and play some youngsters late. FC 45-6

North Vermillion @ Riverton Parke - Falcons are well coached and have to be a little disheartened by their performance last week against big brother. That can make them dangerous. The Panthers looked a little lost against Seeger. Maybe the windmills up there distracted them? I think both these teams regroup and refocus to make this the Game of the Week. RP grounds, pounds, and repeats to get back on track and grind out a HoCo W. RP 22-20 in OT

Rockville Parke Heritage at Seeger - The Rox Wolves got their W last week and scored aplenty while doing it. Not sure they'll score that many points the rest of the season. The Patriots, by all accounts, Rick James slapped the Panthers and weren't sorry about it. Seeger stays on track and disembowels the Wolves. Seeger 56-6 

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 7:01 PM, Donnie Baker said:

SV over CT 49-18  The visors are rolling.

FC over Attica 60-6 King let’s his QB run wild.

G.O.W.——NV over RP 35-34 OT Crabtree will be putting lots of pressure on the freshman QB, heard he may be better than previous starter, so could benefit the Panthers in post season. 

PH over Seeger 24-21 Wolves score 3 touchdowns on defense and a kickoff return to win in the 4th!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The official Donnie Baker picks this week. 
The Cherry pickers from SV whatever they want over the Tiny Trojans 

FC ugly over Attica. In the ode days the Ponies would play the JV and freshman the entire 2nd half but don’t have enough players this year. Hopefully Herb can bring the numbers up next year. 

North Vermilions over Riverton Parkes, close for a while but I’m going with Crabtrees to pull away late. 

Seegers by 2 TDS over The Woofs, possibly 3. 

And the office Donnie Baker rankings. 
South Vermilions 

North Vermilions 

Seegers

Riverton Parkes

Fountain Centrals 
Little Trojans 

The Woofs 

Attica

I’m Donnie Baker and I approve this message 

1 hour ago, Boobie Miles said:

Only fair if we throw in a third team, Bettis/Marshall. You guys might be the favorite by far. 

Hey Dick! I’ve been on a strict diet! I’m trying to get shredded like RP team owner Kevin Allen. This competition is for coaches only.  I will put up Marshall/Secuskie vs anyone though. Once seen Secuskie eat 19 deli sandwiches at his bachelor party.  

I don’t appreciate your new account and first post from it making fun of my bad genetics. Shame on you. 

Covington @ Wildcats - D1’s and visors by 20+.  The SV vs Seeger game in a couple weeks will be a must-watch.  

FC @ Attica - There might be 35 total players between both teams   If this is anything like Herbie’s junior high team, they’ll refuse the running clock and use timeouts to score more.  Mustangs by 50

NV@RP - Panthers in a slugfest  34-30. Rumor is there will be some Rockville fans coming to the game taking notes on the double wing offense  

Rox @ Seeger - Seeger is starting to figure out who they are and using both backs well   After this game, you may see Bettis and Batty wearing their Rox letter jackets on the sidelines until week 4 of next year   

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2022 at 1:14 PM, Bear54 said:

Week 5 Picks...

Covington @ South Vermillion - The Wildcats came out and punched the Falcons in the face and coasted to a victory. The Trojans came out and punched the Mustangs in the face and got rolled after that. I think the Wildcats really separated themselves from the rest of the pack last week. They win big, 40-14.

Fountain Central @ Attica - The Mustangs finally woke from their slumber last week and got a good win. The Red Ramblers got man handled by a winless Woolfs team. FC is better than their record indicates. Mustangs get WRC victory #2, 40-6.

North Vermillion @ Riverton Parke - The Falcons have to win out and hope some one beats SV to share the WRC crown now. The Panthers just couldn't get themselves over the hump last week against Seeger. Look for both teams to refocus this week. This has game of the week potential. Panthers get the Homecoming victory, 27-26.

Parke Heritage at Seeger - The Woolfs took their frustrations out on Attica last week and got their first win. The Patriots roughed up Riverton Parke for their second win in a row. I don't think this will be a Dog Fight, Seeger wins big, 35-7.

SV - CT --> 48-20. CT will score a few times. They have some athletes, but SV proved last week they are the top dogs.

FC - Attica --> 41-0. 

NV - RP --> 42-20. Seems everyone is picking RP over NV this week. After watching RP a couple times this year, it looks to be a 1 man show. NV/SV are very even. Hard to come back from letting up 28 in a quarter, but it seemed even after. 

PH - Seeger --> 41-6. Seeger is a top 3 team in the conference. PH is a bottom 2 team. 

16 hours ago, BillyBettis said:

Everyone talks about pizza on here, but I wonder who could eat more tenderloins: Crabtree/Blank vs Sanders/Garman*

Depends on the size of the tenderloins

• Like 1