Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #5

Here we go:

Ben Davis @ Warren Central:  One teams’ quarterback play has elevated it to a state championship contending program where as the other teams quarterback continues to shoot its squad in the foot.  The Giants have had this game circled on their calendar for 365 days after last year‘s meltdown on the west side.  The Warriors have to take care of the ball to stay competitive in this one.  If “August Warren” shows up they have a chance but the last two weeks have not been promising.  Giants roll 30-17.

Carmel @ Lawrence North:  Both teams fairly easily disposed of inferior opponents last week to set up this weeks showdown.  Carmel has the talent advantage here for arguably the first time in 2-3 years.  They still found a way to win those contests and will do so once again.  Hounds win 27-14.

North Central @ Center Grove:  The O’Shea experiment is expiring and a trip to the southside will do the Panthers no favors this week.  Center Grove showed championship mettle in coming from behind on the west side last week to extend their in-state winning streak over 30.  Don’t let your kids watch this one.  CG wins 56-7.

Pike @ Lawrence Central:  Is it too early to talk about a changing of the guard on the east side?  After shocking Warren last year in the sectional, the Bears then went into a hostile environment and took advantage of multiple turnovers to knock off Warren last week.  Have to avoid a let down this week because Pike is more than capable.  The Red Devils kept things respectable against Carmel but just aren’t ready for prime time.  LC wins 27-10.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

I'm as much as a Warren homer as they come, but if they don't clean up the turnovers, they have little chance against BD.

Warren has given up 60 points in the last 2 games, 9 total scores. 6 of those 9 scores have come directly off Warren turnovers due to short fields. Additionally, at least 3 of those have been directly returned for TDs. It doesn't matter how good Warren's defense has played at times, you can't live like that. 

The unfortunate part is that Warren has been able to run the football well, but have had no threat of a passing game. Multiple turnovers in every game though, including a couple games with 4 is just brutal. As much as I hope I'm wrong, BD wins 30-24. (I'm going closer because weird things happen in this game every year)

Carmel beats LN 24-10, Center Grove by a lot, LC wins 28-7. 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:25 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

Not as many as last week Temp. I watched the game and counted at least 3-4 turnovers. Mostly fumbles

It is so frustrating to watch. I know personally the talent on this Warrior team and these turnovers are not typical of these kids. I don't know what is going on, but this isn't the Warrior football I have seen from these classes, two of which I personally coached. If they get their stuff together and can stop beating themselves they really could go deep in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

It is so frustrating to watch. I know personally the talent on this Warrior team and these turnovers are not typical of these kids. I don't know what is going on, but this isn't the Warrior football I have seen from these classes, two of which I personally coached. If they get their stuff together and can stop beating themselves they really could go deep in the playoffs. 

They have a bye to the regional…conference title hopes are gone…

Its a one game season.

Start prepping for CG NOW.

Edited by temptation

38 minutes ago, temptation said:

They have a bye to the regional…conference title hopes are gone…

Its a one game season.

Start prepping for CG NOW.

I normally don't say look past anyone, but I do agree. Each game should be focusing on getting better for each playoff game. I know they are in a different section than prior years, but they can't look past anyone.

17 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

I normally don't say look past anyone, but I do agree. Each game should be focusing on getting better for each playoff game. I know they are in a different section than prior years, but they can't look past anyone.

In this case, they can.  I’m all for the coach speak in many instances but not in this case.

Their JV would win sectional 7…easily.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, temptation said:

In this case, they can.  I’m all for the coach speak in many instances but not in this case.

Their JV would win sectional 7…easily.

Their freshman team may be actually better than their JV. The right tackle went down Friday night and a freshman, who is already starting on the DL, stepped in and did a great job! Remember the name Brock Brownfield. May be another Ian Moore.