Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Poll Week 4

Warren Central getting a higher vote total than Lawrence Central is absurd.  Do results on the field matter or do they not?

I would put Ben Davis at #3 in 6A.  Their two losses were to the top two teams by the slimmest of margins.  A Brownsburg DB getting his fingertips on the ball on 4th down prevented Ben Davis from catching the game-winning TD.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Warren Central getting a higher vote total than Lawrence Central is absurd.  Do results on the field matter or do they not?

I would put Ben Davis at #3 in 6A.  Their two losses were to the top two teams by the slimmest of margins.  A Brownsburg DB getting his fingertips on the ball on 4th down prevented Ben Davis from catching the game-winning TD.

Couldn't agree more.  Why even play the games?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Agree on both ends

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Agree on both ends

And though Warren turned it over multiple times, it was still a comfortable win by LC.  I think the pollsters are obviously placing a lot of emphasis on what is an overrated King (MI) squad whom Warren beat soundly.

King plays Cass Tech this weekend so we will get a bit of an idea as Cass Tech lost to Carmel.

15 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Good insights....plus didnt BD play their game against Brownsburg away from home without their starting QB?

40 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Good insights....plus didnt BD play their game against Brownsburg away from home without their starting QB?

BD hosted Brownsburg but your other point is true.  That one is forgivable as I am sure many voters simply look at the box score.  LC has respectable losses to Westfield and HSE and comfortably beat Warren.  That one is inexcusable.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

...or, a Brownsburg DB made a great play in sticking his fingertips on the ball to break up a TD pass.

12 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

...or, a Brownsburg DB made a great play in sticking his fingertips on the ball to break up a TD pass.

I agree that's what I meant to say.  Basically, the game came down to one play.

Edited by LC_Bears_04