• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NE8 Week 5

Friday, Sep. 16
Bellmont at Huntington North ©, 7 pm
Columbia City at DeKalb ©, 7 pm
East Noble at Leo ©, 7 pm
New Haven at Norwell ©, 7 pm

Norwell running away with the conference?  Is Columbia City a legit threat or is it the early season schedule? East Noble vs Leo rivalry renewed this week after the incredible games last year.  Mylan Graham NE8 POTY? 

Huntington North by 28....tough couple years in Decatur. Does anyone know if there's anything coming up the pipeline?

CC by 14....I feel like the question of "Is CC legit?" is asked every year and recently they have not been. 

EN by 7.....can definitely bet on a dogfight.

Norwell by 21.....I took a look at their sectional.....brutal 

12 minutes ago, NEinFAN said:

Huntington North by 28....tough couple years in Decatur. Does anyone know if there's anything coming up the pipeline?

CC by 14....I feel like the question of "Is CC legit?" is asked every year and recently they have not been. 

EN by 7.....can definitely bet on a dogfight.

Norwell by 21.....I took a look at their sectional.....brutal 

I've been told that the Bellmont staff is banking on the freshmen class. That class has/had some talent. My question is if the administration is going to wait that long for things to turn around. The middle school teams actually played close games with AC this year. However those middle schoolers didn't get the full youth football experience. I know I've butted heads a bit with the Bellmont staff over the youth program that is/was shared with AC, but really do want them to succeed. The big problem has been prior coaches not wanting to unify the program from youth on up. They did bring in some quality guys to run the youth and middle school. I know I was one of a few blamed for hurting the Bellmont program bc AC's youth beating the Bellmont youth teams and thus a change occurred to join the Wells County league. Not sure either program has had any success in that Wells County league as I've been hands off since that change due to my stepkids playing sports in Ohio for their school.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NE8_Fan said:
Friday, Sep. 16
Bellmont at Huntington North ©, 7 pm
Columbia City at DeKalb ©, 7 pm
East Noble at Leo ©, 7 pm
New Haven at Norwell ©, 7 pm

Bellmont @ Huntington North:  The Vikings were taken out behind the woodshed last fri, Bellmont seems to have signed a lease for back there.....this game may be over by 8:30.......Vikings 42-21

Columbia City @ Dekalb:  Columbia City is on a roll (again) this time of year, Dekalb is a tough one to figure out with some offensive firepower but no defense.  Col City stays hot....Eagles 35-17

New Haven @ Norwell:  The Dogs got bullied physically by Leo last week....not a good sign when you have to go to Ossian.  Knights 45-20

GOTW- East Noble @ Leo:  These two gave probably the two most exciting NE8 games of the year last year and this year should be no different.  Question is who returned enough to get the upper hand after MASSIVE graduation losses from last years games.  East Noble has been strong on the ground and Leo seems to have put more emphasis on the running game lately.  QB advantage to EN having a returning starter but overall skill players advantage to Leo with a few more weapons. Toughness and a big play here or there could win/lose this game along with special teams.  East Noble gets revenge.  Knights 28-27

Norwell will be favored throughout but I expect the EN game will be the test.  Long bus ride didn’t serve EN well last year.  Norwell heads north this year.  Norwell runs for over 250 this week against the dogs but can’t keep POTY Graham out the end zone.  38-14 Norwell

(like every year) early season schedule has Columbia City rolling.  This week no different in win over Barons.  56-28.  Last game of the year V Norwell will not be for NE8 title but will be a good gauge for Norwell as to how good sectional 27 foes Delta and Yorktown really are.  (Delta beats CC and gets beat by Yorktown).

GOTW will be tight.  Home field is worth 2 pts but not enough offense for the Lions.  EN 24-22

HN rolls 47-7 over Belmont. Tough to rebuild a program.

• Like 1

Bellmont @ Huntington North:  HN got straight up throttled at CC last week, not sure what happened there but that was ugly.  Bellmont comes to town at a good time for the Vikings. 35-7 HunNorth

Columbia City @ Dekalb:  CC's early season schedule is easy and they always start off good, but last weeks win over HN was still impressive.  Over 600yds of total offense while the D holds HN scoreless.  They face Tegan Irk this week though who is the best QB in the conference.  He takes care of the ball much better than years past and can hurt you with his arm or his feet.  I was very impressed.  CC rushed for over 400yds against HN and I think this week will be pretty much the same against the Dekalb D, but Irk keeps the game closer than the HN QB could last week.  38-28 ColCity

New Haven @ Norwell:  Seems like NH could get a score or 2 out of one of their skill guys but their D is in trouble. Leo ran for 325 against NH last week and I expect Norwell to top that.  They control the clock and the game.  28-7 Norwell

East Noble @ Leo:  Which Leo team is going to show up? Which EN team?  Both teams still figuring some things out but this game will be a dog fight either way.  I think both teams will be able to run the ball effectively.  The difference in this one coming down to who can be more effective throwing the ball and limiting that big turnover.  Maybe even a trick play or a big play on special teams.  28-24 East Noble

• Like 1

At this point in the season this would be my rankings:

1. Norwell:  Showing why they were the conference favorites coming in.  Only question is who will be the first conference team to score on them?

2. East Noble: Have shown they can put up points in bunches but can the defense stop others from scoring enough?  Big test this week.

3. Leo: Had a change of gears last week against New Haven and went back to ground and pound.  Can their defense stop top teams from out scoring them?  We"ll find out tonite.

4. Columbia City:  Been on a tear since the Delta game.  They win tonite and they will jump the loser of the Leo/East Noble game.

5. New Haven: Every team will have to account for Graham every week.  Man.....if New Haven had a solid line......they would be SCARY.

6. Dekalb: Hard team to figure out.  Solid play so far from Irk and Overbay.....waiting for Wiley's return...

7. Huntington North: Game against East Noble turned some heads....then Columbia City turned those heads away....in NEED of a signature win.

8. Bellmont:  I fear they have a LONG road ahead rebuilding still....