Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A Outlook?

19 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

Is there just no interest? I hope that's not the case. There's about 8 teams in the mix.

I just think it's hard to give any predictions when it's still so wide open. I will say that Scecina has been the most-impressive team to me so far but LaVille and Linton have looked good too. IMO 2A North has been a tad deeper the past two years but this year it's looking like 2A South might be a little better overall. Either way I think this is one of the most-balanced classes at the top and whatever team is left standing at the end will have earned it. I think we'll have a little bit better picture of the contending teams in a couple weeks. 

• Like 1

Luers is looking pretty solid with victories over Concordia and Wayne. They only lost to 6A Homestead by 8 points. The offense is getting better each week and has come a long way since their Week 1 loss to Carroll. This week they have 5A contender North Side. The Legends will be a good measuring stick to see how Luers is at the season's midway point. I'd have a hard time believing that the Knights aren't one of the top five teams in 2a. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

That's what I thought plenty a interest but to early Hey Tippy....LCC is in the mix as well.

LCC's still listed in the Top 10 for the coaches' poll and just dropped out of the AP.  I just don't know what to think of them this season when projecting forward.  I keep thinking of the advice that I always followed in snake hunting, "No matter how many times you've hit the water moccasin on the head with a stick and no matter how far down into the mud that head is, never pick the thing up by the tail until you've cut its head clean off."

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Luers is looking pretty solid with victories over Concordia and Wayne. They only lost to 6A Homestead by 8 points. The offense is getting better each week and has come a long way since their Week 1 loss to Carroll. This week they have 5A contender North Side. The Legends will be a good measuring stick to see how Luers is at the season's midway point. I'd have a hard time believing that the Knights aren't one of the top five teams in 2a. 

Yeah man. But they've always good teams. Way to early but a fan has to hope. Sectional tough? Potential Regionals foes?

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Andrean, Luers, and Mater Dei will all be bolstered by the schedules they play. I cannot emphasize enough how much playing larger schools pays dividends for these programs come playoff time. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

LCC's still listed in the Top 10 for the coaches' poll and just dropped out of the AP.  I just don't know what to think of them this season when projecting forward.  I keep thinking of the advice that I always followed in snake hunting, "No matter how many times you've hit the water moccasin on the head with a stick and no matter how far down into the mud that head is, never pick the thing up by the tail until you've cut its head clean off."

I live in the boonies of SE Carolina and that is a FACT!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, globemstr3 said:

That's what I thought plenty a interest but to early Hey Tippy....LCC is in the mix as well.

I think LCC can win Sectional 34, but I don't think they can beat LaVille.  I hope they make it to state, but LCC has been giving up a lot of points.  I want to see how we do against Tipton on Friday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I think LCC can win Sectional 34, but I don't think they can beat LaVille.  I hope they make it to state, but LCC has been giving up a lot of points.  I want to see how we do against Tipton on Friday.

And do I. LCC is always a threat regardless of rank I think for my Miners.

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

Right now it looks like it will be LaVille and Luers up north and Scecina and Linton down south.  I'm not sure if Luers is a top team, but it will probably be Luers and Linton for state.  But this could change.

Don't overlook Mater Dei in the South. They have room to improve in the trenches and in the secondary, but give Mike Goebel another month and the Wildcats will be a very tough out in 2A. 

29 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Why dismiss Andrean? 

I had to pick LaVille or Andrean in Sectional 33 and right now it looks like LaVille might be a little better.  That could change by sectional time and Andrean might beat LaVille.

6 hours ago, Tippy said:

In the North i don't have LaVille above Andrean unless they get hit w injuries... Andrean is King till proven otherwise... not to say Laville couldn't knock em off.. I'll jus stay w Andrean's body of work till proven otherwise. N a lil personel intrest in cing a 1st ever Andrean LCC matchup if the stars align.... Luers looks solid as both Eastside n Eastbrook look a lil off this yr.... at least so far..... As for the South... the usual suspects and will b watching to c how the Scecinia D preforms the next 3 games... agree w Scarab... still to early n alot of capable teams.....

36 minutes ago, Tippy said:

I had to pick LaVille or Andrean in Sectional 33 and right now it looks like LaVille might be a little better.  That could change by sectional time and Andrean might beat LaVille.

What would the score be if LaVille played Crown Point?  or Merrillville?   Or Crete-Monee?  

32 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

What would the score be if LaVille played Crown Point?  or Merrillville?   Or Crete-Monee?  

What would the score be if LaVille played Rensselaer?

LaVille 47 Pioneer 8

Lewis Cass 16 Pioneer 0

I said that come sectional time Andrean could beat LaVille.  Maybe the teams in the Hoosier Conference are not very good.  It looks like LaVille could beat most of them.

Predict a match up tool has Crown Point beating LaVille by 7 ...Andrean by 12 and for fun...  WL by 9   I'm not  completely sold on the transitive property of FB but its a good rule of thumb..... or on LaVille being a huge underdog to Andrean.... at all...  jus giving the edge to Andrean..... primarily due to their sched .... 

2 hours ago, Tippy said:

What would the score be if LaVille played Rensselaer?

LaVille 47 Pioneer 8

Lewis Cass 16 Pioneer 0

I said that come sectional time Andrean could beat LaVille.  Maybe the teams in the Hoosier Conference are not very good.  It looks like LaVille could beat most of them.

Rensselaer would probably either be the best or the 2nd beat team in the HNAC. 

Pioneer is a good team for most schools this year but not your typical Pioneer team. 

LaVille is a very good team but Andrean is king until they are knocked off. 

11 hours ago, foxbat said:

They can Amazon the sectional title to LCC right now. 

If you look at strength of schedule, I would say that Andrean and Luers would have a more difficult schedule than LaVille in the north. 

Mater Dei gets the SOS in the south.

I am one that also believes that anything can happen on any given day.

That's why we play the games, boys!

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

15 minutes ago, Say it aint so said:

Laville is possibly the best team in 2a that is a public school ! The question is will they be able to hang with the private schools in 2 a ? 30 some kids on a roster compared to 100 makes it tough ! That’s why we play the game ! 

Good point!

So it sounds like maybe SOS and Depth are against LaVille?

I guess we'll see. 

As I mentioned,  that is why we play the games!

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

7 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Predict a match up tool has Crown Point beating LaVille by 7 ...Andrean by 12 and for fun...  WL by 9 

For those that put alot of stock in the Sagarin ratings (I personally do not),  the Ratings and SOS do NOT include teams not in Indiana. Andrean beat a good Crete Monee team that was in Illinois 6A SemiState last year so it does not calculate in Sagarin. This is similar to last year when they played Grand Rapids Catholic, MI State Champion. 

11 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

As I mentioned,  that is why we play the games!

I completely agree with 007. 

Andrean has played a very good schedule thus far and has seen a variety of styles of teams, Merrillville - speed and athletes galore, CP - massive oline and rushing attack, Crete - a combination of the two with a running QB in spread offense. Defensively they are stout. Offensively they are getting better as backup QB is settling in and oline improving.

Overall, 2A is wide open with a variety of quality teams. There is alot of football still to be played!

• Like 1