Jump to content

2A Outlook?


Recommended Posts

Didn’t read thru this thread, but did something happen to Drayk Bowen? 
 

Curious why anyone thinks the defending champs with the best player returning can be dismissed.

Apparently, y’all didn’t see the clip titled “Angry Drayk” from the other night.

Good luck 2A 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 7:45 AM, Piratefan101 said:

Umm just so you know… Andrean has played a harder schedule last few years than luers. And it’s not close. I think right now they are ranked 25-30 spots apart on the schedule??? But 2A starts with Andrean. They right now look like a clear walkthrough ti me to state again. Once they put drayk in that backfield I don’t see much of anyone slowing him down! 

Mayb..... most were saying that same thing about Luers last yr... and they choked.... uhhh... were upset... jus saying.... 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Mayb..... most were saying that same thing about Luers last yr... and they choked.... uhhh... were upset... jus saying.... 🤔

I don't know if Andrean is the best in 2a, but Lutheran might be able to beat Luers and Andrean, and they are not even in 2a. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tippy said:

I don't know if Andrean is the best in 2a, but Lutheran might be able to beat Luers and Andrean, and they are not even in 2a. 🙂

Mater Dei may not be the best team, but will be a very tough out for anyone. Coach Goebel effect.

4 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Didn’t read thru this thread, but did something happen to Drayk Bowen? 
 

Curious why anyone thinks the defending champs with the best player returning can be dismissed.

Apparently, y’all didn’t see the clip titled “Angry Drayk” from the other night.

Good luck 2A 

Link?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Didn’t read thru this thread, but did something happen to Drayk Bowen? 
 

Curious why anyone thinks the defending champs with the best player returning can be dismissed.

Apparently, y’all didn’t see the clip titled “Angry Drayk” from the other night.

Good luck 2A 

I don't think anyone is dismissing Andrean. How many did they return from last year? Bowen is just one guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Justasportsfan said:

I'm getting old(er), I've seen many seasons where ppl write off Luers only to watch them take home post season accolades..those 11 state titles don't matter much nowadays..it appears they wont make it out of sectionals..let alone compete with andrean..

Like any good group a kids.... Luers is more dangerous when dey been knocked outta their socks a few times  ... minus of course those what's his name yrs.. 😅🤣😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

Like any good group a kids.... Luers is more dangerous when dey been knocked outta their socks a few times  ... minus of course those what's his name yrs.. 😅🤣😂

In those years their record was subpar..icarus wasn't on those teams though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, BTF said:

When you failed to mention any Fort Wayne teams as contenders in 5a, I knew right off the bat that you didn't know much about football in Northeast Indiana. I'm guessing it has something to do with your age, 18-22 if I'm guessing right. But your "it's not close" comment really takes the cake here. I would argue that Luers has the harder schedule and it's not close.

Andrean is a great program and it's a compliment to say that 2a starts with them. But to Luers credit, they do have 11 state titles in that class. In 2020 they somehow allowed two scores in the final 1:30 that prevented them from number twelve. I'd also argue that they had the best team in 2a last year, but were the victim of an upset early in the tournament. No offense to the Eastside team that beat them last year, but Luers defeated Carroll, Dwenger, Homestead, and North Side. You won't find a better resume than that for a 2a program going back any number of years. 

I’m actually 30. And sagrin shows different rank of schedule 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

I’m actually 30. And sagrin shows different rank of schedule 

I appreciate Sagarin as much as anyone, but until playoff time, it's out of whack when it comes to Fort Wayne schools. It's hard to rate an island conference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

2A north is clearing up a lil for me when I think of Knox = Hamilton Heights and Western = Hobart...  give or take... hmmm .... Andrean is in the driver's seat... Luers is still an unknown till I can put da Fort into perspective...  but gotta think both those r currently riding up front.... 

It doesn't seem very clear for me.  After the way LCC beat Ren last night, maybe LCC could beat Andrean.  All the top teams in 2a seem to be down south.  We might all be singing "Song of the South" by Alabama. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tippy said:

It doesn't seem very clear for me.  After the way LCC beat Ren last night, maybe LCC could beat Andrean.  All the top teams in 2a seem to be down south.  We might all be singing "Song of the South" by Alabama. 🙂

The LCC D played better... one major blown play.... the South is still 2 muddled for me to get a firm grip on it... but yeah... we could all b singing Dixie up North... 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ya Killin me Tippy... Las wk u didn't think Andrean would beat LaVille... I'm only clear that LCC could compete w LaVille.... n that Andrean will likly take LaVille to the woodshed.... transitive property of FB.... 😁

I said things could change.  Andrean is not as good as I thought.  LaVille is not as good as I thought.  LCC is getting better.  If LCC could compete with LaVille, then LCC could compete with Andrean.  Andrean is not that much better than LaVille.  Don't worry, everything will be fine.  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Tippy said:

I said things could change.  Andrean is not as good as I thought.  LaVille is not as good as I thought.  LCC is getting better.  If LCC could compete with LaVille, then LCC could compete with Andrean.  Andrean is not that much better than LaVille.  Don't worry, everything will be fine.  🙂

LCC will have their hands full in Sec 34... The Kings will keep improving while the Knights work on adding to their arsenal.... a game w Western won't happen so the Knight potential is unk.... n 2 games w the Kings r a Def possibility.... personally I'd like 2 c a game w the Zebras... b fun!  I don't think they have ever met.....  no worries LoL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Ya Killin me Tippy... Las wk u didn't think Andrean would beat LaVille... I'm only clear that LCC could compete w LaVille.... n that Andrean will likly take LaVille to the woodshed.... transitive property of FB.... 😁

Using some of that transitive football math and looking at the Guerin-Chatard matchup, perhaps LCC might be better off than they appeared to be earlier on.  Then again, Seeger escaped Fountain Central by 1 last night, so maybe we toss the transitive math and just see if the IHSAA will let us use the ping pong balls before we get to tourney season.  It'd be easier than the math part and would make the cost per use of those ping pong balls drop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Using some of that transitive football math and looking at the Guerin-Chatard matchup, perhaps LCC might be better off than they appeared to be earlier on.  Then again, Seeger escaped Fountain Central by 1 last night, so maybe we toss the transitive math and just see if the IHSAA will let us use the ping pong balls before we get to tourney season.  It'd be easier than the math part and would make the cost per use of those ping pong balls drop.

Gotta luv the transitive property of fb ... but truth b told.... after all the reps r taken.... I'm more a supporter of the  Intangible properties of FB... 😊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, BendNotBreak said:

LCC will have their hands full in Sec 34... The Kings will keep improving while the Knights work on adding to their arsenal.... a game w Western won't happen so the Knight potential is unk.... n 2 games w the Kings r a Def possibility.... personally I'd like 2 c a game w the Zebras... b fun!  I don't think they have ever met.....  no worries LoL

Seems like no one is giving the Zebras a chance. Very intrigued to see how this sectional plays out and can’t wait for the drawing. I think Laville and Rochester playing essentially the same game vs Knox has to say something for the zebras, depending on how good you think laville is this season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...