Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 5

No shocking outcomes, but Frankton certainly is making a believer out of me.  Nice to see Oak Hill and Madison Grant ranked.  While Eastbrook is, I still can’t fathom how Alexandria is in the top 15!  They are number 27 according to Sagarin for 2A.

On to this weeks picks.  Another week with 2 excellent games to be played.

Elwood @ Blackford - It’s really a tough one to be honest.  I’d like both teams to get a win this year, but I think Elwood is going to squeak this one out.

Mississinewa @ Frankton - OK, I’ve got to go with Frankton.  I still don’t have a lot of confidence in this pick, but they showed they could play with Eastbrook last week, and I’m still not convinced Ole Miss is that good.

Oak Hill @ Madison-Grant - Really hoping this isn’t a blow out.  Should be a very good, physical game.  I just think Oak Hill is too strong and is the cream of the crop in the CIC this year.  Oak Hill has beaten 3 good teams, while MG has not had a very difficult schedule thus far, except for Ole Miss.

Eastbrook @ Alexandria - I don’t have the confidence in Alexandria.  They have not played Eastbrook tough in a long time.  I think it’s close early, and Eastbrook pulls away in the end.

What are your thoughts?  Let's get the conversations rolling.

Elwood @ Blackford - Heard Blackford lost one their best players. Both have short benches. I am taking Elwood in a nail biter. could be closest game of the week.

Mississinewa @ Frankton - Frankton was 2 scores better than Eastbrook but some costly mistakes to start game and some iffy play calling cost them. Frankton by atleast 2 scores.

Oak Hill @ Madison-Grant - Oak Hill is the class of the field this year. Great new Strength program is paying off and very talented. Oak Hill by 3 scores.

Eastbrook @ Alexandria - Alexandria has had a soft schedule early but are young and sneaky fast. I think this game will be closer than expected but in the long run Eastbrook pulls away to a 2-3 score win.

Hope all teams the best and stay healthy!

Elwood at Blackford--This game will decide who finishes last in the conference.  This game is going to be the lowest scoring game of the season.  Elwood sneaks out a win.

Mississinewa at Frankton--Mississinewa managed to stay competitive with Oak Hill last week.  Frankton has improved but still not good enough as Mississinewa pulls out the win.

Oak Hill at Madison-Grant--This is going to best game of the night.  Both are very good this year.  In the end I think Oak Hill has a little too much depth for MG as OH pulls out the win.

Eastbrook at Alexandria--Alexandria has some speed that will create problems for Eastbrook.  Alexandria collapses at the end and allows Eastbrook to win the game. 

Watched Mississinewa last week, they cannot win throwing the ball like they have the last two weeks, they just aren't that kind of team. They have to be able to run the football, if they throw over 10 times a game i cant see them winning many games trying to throw 38 against MG and 15 against OH. They just dont have the QB and RB/WR they had 5-6 years ago when they were pretty good.

Elwood at Blackford    Elwood pulls away in the 4th quarter  21-12

Mississinewa at Frankton     A tight game    24-21

Oak Hill at Madison Grant    34-20  This will be a good game to watch.  Plus the Nachos are the best!

Eastbrook at Alexandria   28- 14  Alex hangs in until late.  This is the Tigers first real test of the season.

20 hours ago, Midway Monster said:

Watched Mississinewa last week, they cannot win throwing the ball like they have the last two weeks, they just aren't that kind of team. They have to be able to run the football, if they throw over 10 times a game i cant see them winning many games trying to throw 38 against MG and 15 against OH. They just dont have the QB and RB/WR they had 5-6 years ago when they were pretty good.

Agree.  The QB just doesn't have the velocity on the throws and the ball just floats thru the air.  The RB/WR talent is there, just can't showcase the talent passing the ball deep.  They have success with the 5-10 yard passing plays but anything over that not much luck on success.  This team is still young.  A couple of freshman start and/or get a lot of playing time.  Several Sophomore's in the rotation as well.  They may be down this year, but next year they should bounce back and be very good.  

Wow! Elwood and Blackford ened like I thought it would.

Frankton and Ole Miss didn't. Frankton's offense is not very good. thank god defense is. might be only saving grace this year.

Oak hill handled Mg pretty easy. easier than i thought they would

Alexandria beat Eastbrook pretty easy score was closer than game that was played. 

1. Oak Hill

2. Mississenwa

3. Alexandria

4.Eastbrook

5. MG

6. Frankton

7. Blackford

8. Elwood

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GV5 said:

Wow! Elwood and Blackford ened like I thought it would.

Frankton and Ole Miss didn't. Frankton's offense is not very good. thank god defense is. might be only saving grace this year.

Oak hill handled Mg pretty easy. easier than i thought they would

Alexandria beat Eastbrook pretty easy score was closer than game that was played. 

1. Oak Hill

2. Mississenwa

3. Alexandria

4.Eastbrook

5. MG

6. Frankton

7. Blackford

8. Elwood

No way MG is the 5th best team in the conference. 

OH has been very good this year, but man sectional 28 will be brutal to get out of depending on the draw of course.  It's very unfortunate that sectional 28 got 2 Indy area parochials (Guerin/Chatard) lumped into it somehow.

Sectional 36 is up for grabs it appears this season as Eastbrook doesn't seem to be nearly as good as year's past.  Sagarin has it rated as 1 Bluffton, 2 Eastbrook, 3 Frankton, 4 Eastern, 5 Alex......  Alexandria has the best record and probably the most impressive win amongst all of the 36 teams, but just not sold on them yet.  Such an interesting/weird CIC season it has been so far.