Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Face Painting for Football

Goose Liver

Question

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

This question is for Bobref.... what is the rule for face paint?  One crew told our guys you could only have a stripe on the cheekbone under the eye. Does not seem to be a widely enforced rule.

Limited to a single horizontal line under each eye. When I observe a crew, I always walk through the teams in pregame noting uniform violations, to see if the crew cleans them up before the game. Face paint is definitely one I see a lot, and I frequently let the crews know about it in the post-game debrief and write up. Sometimes it looks like half the players are going to a Kiss concert after the game.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Goose Liver said:

Does not seem to be a widely enforced rule.

Tell me about it! And when crews do what they’re explicitly told to do, people are posting on the internet about it. 

I am trying a new tact, I’m emailing both coaches and cc’ing the AD’s on Monday introducing myself and the crew and reiterating all relevant information that was shared with head coach and white hats in the in person meetings. I’m not sure if it’s made any difference yet or not, but we seem to get a little less resistance when we send kids off during warm ups. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Bobref said:

Limited to a single horizontal line under each eye. When I observe a crew, I always walk through the teams in pregame noting uniform violations, to see if the crew cleans them up before the game. Face paint is definitely one I see a lot, and I frequently let the crews know about it in the post-game debrief and write up. Sometimes it looks like half the players are going to a Kiss concert after the game.

Exactly, or early Jolson... 

• Haha 1

On 9/15/2022 at 9:31 AM, Goose Liver said:

This question is for Bobref.... what is the rule for face paint?  One crew told our guys you could only have a stripe on the cheekbone under the eye. Does not seem to be a widely enforced rule.

Thank you for noticing that I was on top of this rule sir! 😊

• Thanks 1