Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 minute ago, crimsonace1 said:

Not specifically football-related, but longtime GID denizen LCCFan09er (Kristof Kendrick) has been named the new head basketball coach at Warren Central. Congrats. 

Isn't it against the rules to post personal details of GID members?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Disdain 1

I think we all knew who he was and he was the coach at Howe.  It was often brought up about who his dad was.    He certainly bled for his team.  

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Isn't it against the rules to post personal details of GID members?

He was pretty open about his identity here when he was coaching at Howe and even before then. I wouldn't "identify" a member if it wasn't known, but he identified himself pretty often. 

Step up!  Congrats to 09er.  I met him a few years back when my wife and I attended an LCC/Guerin Catholic game at Lucas Oil.  Very nice young man.  We found him to be well mannered and jovial.  He was nothing like the character he played on here.  We wish him well.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Step up!  Congrats to 09er.  I met him a few years back when my wife and I attended an LCC/Guerin Catholic game at Lucas Oil.  Very nice young man.  We found him to be well mannered and jovial.  He was nothing like the character he played on here.  We wish him well.

Same. I met up with 09er and LCCAlum a few times when Pioneer and LCC played. Both are nice guys and basically played a gimmick online, especially 09er. 09er let me sit in his car during halftime and we both looked up scores around the state. I even had the pleasure of meeting his father, Frank, before. The entire LCC fanbase was always a class act whenever I visited LaRocca Field. I've heard horror stories from other Pioneer fans from 15-20 years ago, but I never personally witnessed anything remotely negative. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Robert said:

Are you being cheeky?   I never blame anyone for looking out for themselves.  

A little, yes.   My response is based on a fairly long history of conversations with young Mr. Kendrick on previous iterations of the GID.

45 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

A little, yes.   My response is based on a fairly long history of conversations with young Mr. Kendrick on previous iterations of the GID.

I think it's a no brainer... Division I college assistant coach or High School varsity coach?  If he truly wants to make Coaching a profession, then I think the choice is obvious.

7 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I think it's a no brainer... Division I college assistant coach or High School varsity coach?  If he truly wants to make Coaching a profession, then I think the choice is obvious.

Agreed 1 and 10.  It his his choice, but in today's world (if we like it or not), it is about the optics.

I wish him the best.  

On 5/8/2019 at 6:56 AM, itiswhatitis said:

I met him myself, a few years ago at a Vincennes Lincoln basketball holiday tourney. As you said, very nice young man, well mannered and jovial, nothing like the character he played on here.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:39 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

hasn't been a member for many years now 

I believe he is still living rent free in Southern Indiana football heads :classic_biggrin:

indeed... indeeed... but a hearty congrats to this news..  I'm sure he's got bigger fish to fry these days!

OOps... dang that was quick! well congrats again!

Everyone at Howe loved Kristof. He raised over $5,500 for the program before ever coaching his first game.  He will be missed. He is a good basketball coach and a great guy. I expected he would be at Howe no more than a year or two. He has an impressive pedigree and resume. Good Luck to Mr. Kendrick.