Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

Ev. Reitz (90.16) is a 4-point favorite vs. Castle (87.78) and has about a 57.33% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Ev. Memorial (76.16) is a 27.5-point favorite vs. Ev. Bosse (48.81) and has about a 89.08% chance of winning (0-point home-field advantage).

Vincennes (84.97) is a 19-point favorite vs. Ev. Harrison (67.5) and has about a 81.05% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Ev. North (82.25) is a 1-point favorite vs. Ev. Mater Dei (82.66) and has about a 52.03% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Jasper (71.71) is a 20.5-point favorite vs. Ev. Central (49.67) and has about a 82.90% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

• Like 2

Massey

Bosse at Memorial (-32), 95% chance of victory for the Tigers

Castle (-1) at Reitz, 52% chance of victory for the Knights

Mater Dei (-5) at North, 57% chance of victory for the Cats

Jasper (-20) at Central, 83% chance of victory for the Cats

Harrison at Vincennes (-14), 73% chance of victory for the Alices

Bosse @ Memorial - Easy call here, the Tigers win big and carry their win streak into a huge week 7 matchup with Reitz. Tigers with a running clock. 

Harrison @ Vincennes - The Alices return home and get back on track with a big win. I'd say VL wins by 3 scores.

Mater Dei @ North - This is a tough call and I could see it going either way. Mater Dei has started figuring some things out but I think North can control the clock with their running game, especially if they have St. Louis back. I think the Huskies take it by 1 score.

Jasper @ Central - Besides @ Harrison next week, this is the best chance for Central to get a win. Jasper has started to get a bit healthier and if they take care of the ball this will be an easy win for them. I would say Wildcats by 3 scores.

11 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Bosse @ Memorial - Easy call here, the Tigers win big and carry their win streak into a huge week 7 matchup with Reitz. Tigers with a running clock. 

Harrison @ Vincennes - The Alices return home and get back on track with a big win. I'd say VL wins by 3 scores.

Mater Dei @ North - This is a tough call and I could see it going either way. Mater Dei has started figuring some things out but I think North can control the clock with their running game, especially if they have St. Louis back. I think the Huskies take it by 1 score.

Jasper @ Central - Besides @ Harrison next week, this is the best chance for Central to get a win. Jasper has started to get a bit healthier and if they take care of the ball this will be an easy win for them. I would say Wildcats by 3 scores.

No Reitz/Castle prediction?

GAME OF THE WEEK:

Castle @ Reitz

Felt like this one deserved more of a breakdown, especially since I'll be attending in person. Massive SIAC matchup. Both ranked in the top ten, Reitz in 4A and Castle in 5A. Reitz has a chance to stay undefeated and increase their lead in the conference. Also a chance for them to make another statement to the rest of the state if they win convincingly. Castle has a chance to even up with Reitz if they win and put themselves in position to win it. This is another tough call and could definitely be a close game. Would be interested to hear input from fans who have seen both Castle and Reitz this year. 

Common opponents:

vs. North - Castle won 28-21, Reitz won 38-15

vs. Harrison - Castle won 21-8, Reitz won 39-8

vs. VL - Castle won 35-21, Reitz won 31-28

Reitz total PF-PA: 193-65

Castle total PF-PA: 154-67 

I think Reitz offense against Castle defense is the key matchup in this one. However, the Reitz defense and Castle offense have also been better than most people thought. But can the Knights match-up with the Panthers' array of weapons? Love the group of skill guys and linebackers that both teams have. I think the big question on everybody's mind is whether or not Ben Davies will be back at QB for the Panthers. I would think so. One thing is for sure, the Reitz Bowl will be rockin' on Friday night for a can't miss kind of game. Prediction: Reitz stays undefeated and wins by 2 scores.

Edited by Football Fanatic

20 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Ev. Reitz (90.16) is a 4-point favorite vs. Castle (87.78) and has about a 57.33% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Ev. Memorial (76.16) is a 27.5-point favorite vs. Ev. Bosse (48.81) and has about a 89.08% chance of winning (0-point home-field advantage).

Vincennes (84.97) is a 19-point favorite vs. Ev. Harrison (67.5) and has about a 81.05% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Ev. North (82.25) is a 1-point favorite vs. Ev. Mater Dei (82.66) and has about a 52.03% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Jasper (71.71) is a 20.5-point favorite vs. Ev. Central (49.67) and has about a 82.90% chance of winning (1.47-point home-field advantage).

Castle and Reitz should be a great matchup.

I could see either team prevailing.  But I’m taking the Panthers.

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Massey

Bosse at Memorial (-32), 95% chance of victory for the Tigers

Castle (-1) at Reitz, 52% chance of victory for the Knights

Mater Dei (-5) at North, 57% chance of victory for the Cats

Jasper (-20) at Central, 83% chance of victory for the Cats

Harrison at Vincennes (-14), 73% chance of victory for the Alices

Memorial by 35

Reitz by 7. I hope this one is live-streamed. 

MD by 3. I think this ends up being the closest game of the week. 

Jasper by 14. I hope. If we can limit turnovers. 

VL by 21. 

1 minute ago, hhpatriot04 said:

No eastside cake loyalty?

Heh….I’m not even that loyal to my own team (I correctly picked us to lose against Jasper Week 1)!

No, I just think Reitz is the real deal this year. They have so many offensive weapons and have figured out how to use them that keeps defenses guessing.  They have a “pick your poison” offensive attack.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

No, I just think Reitz is the real deal this year. They have so many offensive weapons and have figured out how to use them that keeps defenses guessing.  They have a “pick your poison” offensive attack.

I'm looking forward to seeing if Castle and Memorial can find a way to slow down the Reitz offense. 

On 9/17/2022 at 12:14 AM, TigerFan20 said:

2/3 done through the season

Friday, Sep. 23
Castle at Reitz ©, 7 pm
Bosse at Memorial ©, 7 pm
Harrison at Vincennes ©, 6:30 pm
Mater Dei at North ©, 7 pm
Jasper at Central ©, 6:30 pm

Reitz

Memorial

Vincennes Lincoln

Mater Dei

Jasper

2 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Will Davies be back at QB this week? 

I think it’s very much up in the air still. Obviously it’s a big question in this matchup because I think Reitz has a strong chance of winning if he’s back. However, it seems like their offense is just as or more dynamic with Vera at QB considering his ability to run. Really just adds another threat to an offense already loaded with them. Kind of makes you wonder what Castle is preparing for because it’s two very different QBs. Seal, since you’ve seen both teams, what is your prediction?

12 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

I think it’s very much up in the air still. Obviously it’s a big question in this matchup because I think Reitz has a strong chance of winning if he’s back. However, it seems like their offense is just as or more dynamic with Vera at QB considering his ability to run. Really just adds another threat to an offense already loaded with them. Kind of makes you wonder what Castle is preparing for because it’s two very different QBs. Seal, since you’ve seen both teams, what is your prediction?

I’m very much on the fence. Was wanting to wait and see if Davies plays before making my pick. But it sounds as if we won’t know until Friday. 

As good as Castle looked last Friday, I like Reitz with the home field advantage and the horses they have to just flat outrun the Knights. 

5 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

This stirs up the Memorial Crowd, but we will be on visitor’s side against Bosse. At least Memorial didn’t schedule Homecoming this week

I hope we beat them by 50. Total bush league move by Bosse Principal Huff and EVSC AD Andy Owen. Oh well, it gives us extra motivation for an otherwise blase' game.

7 minutes ago, tango said:

I hope we beat them by 50. Total bush league move by Bosse Principal Huff and EVSC AD Andy Owen. Oh well, it gives us extra motivation for an otherwise blase' game.

I have a feeling Memorial will be running the ball a lot on Friday night, Bosse’s rushing defense isn’t the best. Passing Defense, statistically pretty good. It’s going to take some time for Mullan to get the Dawgs into shape, I hope he stays there for a while. 

While I won’t be at the game, the Tigers will be roaring on a depleted Bosse team. Wouldn’t overlook them however, since there was that 2019 scare. But that is just my opinion

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

This stirs up the Memorial Crowd, but we will be on visitor’s side against Bosse. At least Memorial didn’t schedule Homecoming this week

Why don’t they have you split the home side like Reitz and MD have to do every year? 

I get that Enlow doesn’t have the end zone seating like the bowl does, but I will admit that is pretty bush league. 

6 hours ago, tango said:

Bosse usually doesn’t get many fans.  I don’t think it would matter if Memorial fans just went and sat on the grandstand anyway.

It’s not like there are assigned seats.  It’s general admission.

I’ve also wondered if Memorial inquired about moving home games to Romain.  Why pay somebody who makes this ridiculous demand?

Edited by MHSTigerFan