Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

49 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Why don’t they have you split the home side like Reitz and MD have to do every year? 

I get that Enlow doesn’t have the end zone seating like the bowl does, but I will admit that is pretty bush league. 

Sheila Huff insisted on this to renew the contract.

What’s ridiculous about it is that the guest side bleachers for these games have been knee-to-knee full, while the home side has been about 5-10% filled.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Why don’t they have you split the home side like Reitz and MD have to do every year? 

I get that Enlow doesn’t have the end zone seating like the bowl does, but I will admit that is pretty bush league. 

A couple of years ago, they decided to  give Memorial 1/4 of the grandstand

4 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Bosse usually doesn’t get many fans.  I don’t think it would matter if Memorial fans just went and sat on the grandstand anyway.

It’s not like there are assigned seats.  It’s general admission.

I’ve also wondered if Memorial inquired about moving home games to Romain.  Why pay somebody who makes this ridiculous demand?

Romain just doesn't compare to the friendly confines of Enlow.. 

4 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Sheila Huff insisted on this to renew the contract.

What’s ridiculous about it is that the guest side bleachers for these games have been knee-to-knee full, while the home side has been about 5-10% filled.

I thought she retired and her son is now the principal.. 

18 hours ago, tango said:

I hope we beat them by 50. Total bush league move by Bosse Principal Huff and EVSC AD Andy Owen. Oh well, it gives us extra motivation for an otherwise blase' game.

😂😂😂

Edited by Dawgs
  • Like 1

Why not Just play home games at your own school? Vertically there is room for stands. As far as parking Bosse doesn’t have any great options, neither would Memorial so wash. I don’t get the bitching about wanting to sit on a side of bleachers that’s connected to another school. I don’t care what the pay agreement is. It’s theirs. Want a home side, build one. This is dumb! 

2 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Why not Just play home games at your own school? Vertically there is room for stands. As far as parking Bosse doesn’t have any great options, neither would Memorial so wash. I don’t get the bitching about wanting to sit on a side of bleachers that’s connected to another school. I don’t care what the pay agreement is. It’s theirs. Want a home side, build one. This is dumb! 

Memorial’s practice field won’t be able to accommodate a full stadium at all. It will likely be built somewhere else and that is a big question too. It will be a while before Memorial moves out of Enlow unless someone drops a few million dollars to build one.

8 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Bosse doesn’t want Memorial to go anywhere. They make all the concessions money which floats several of their programs. Dumb is not sticking to the original agreement.  There’s been talk of moving to Romain Stadium but Bosse doesn’t want that to happen. Harrison has opened their arms to welcome the Tigers. 

56 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Bosse doesn’t want Memorial to go anywhere. They make all the concessions money which floats several of their programs. Dumb is not sticking to the original agreement.  There’s been talk of moving to Romain Stadium but Bosse doesn’t want that to happen. Harrison has opened their arms to welcome the Tigers. 

Have fun hugging Harrison’s coach and AD heard they are great to deal with. Until then If I was a Memorial fan I would just shut up and sit where I want . 

Week 6 predictions 

Jasper at Central 

With guys slowly coming back for Jasper, including the return of WR/DB Bair and DE Senninger, should give the Wildcats a boost this week after their loss against Mater Dei in the Wildcat Showdown. Jasper will be running down Central's throat tomorrow, while I can see a decent 1st half from Central, give me the Wildcats by 4 scores. 

Harrison at Vincennes 

Starting to look like the momentum is starting to wear off for the Warriors, they head to Vincennes in hoping to create some type of momentum. However, they will face off an angry Vincennes coming from their loss against Castle. Vincennes plays tough in Inman Field and they will continue that trend tomorrow night, give me the Alices by 3 scores 

Bosse at Memorial 

After a slow start of the season, Memorial is now on a 3-game winning streak is near healthy, and is rolling along now with their starters. With the passing game starting to look a lot better and the running game doing its job, Memorial appears to be in good hands. Unfortunately for Bosse, the season hasn't gone as planned with a lone win over Central, but the offense has a nice trio of juniors in Hope, Thomas and Wagner. However, give me Memorial in a running clock 

Mater Dei at North 

North bounced back with a surprising win over Jasper 27-7 under a strong performance from QB Wunderlich. North also had a bounce-back win over Bosse with a stellar performance by soph Jason Rucker with 257 rushing yards in the game. I will see Mater Dei throwing the ball a lot more in this game, as their high-powered offense will try to exploit North's passing defense. Since running the ball may not be the option, North has the #1 rushing defense in the conference. There are questions on North's St. Louis availability tomorrow night, which could affect the game's outcome. But with a solid back in Rucker, North should be fine, although Mater Dei's defense isn't a joke either since they are getting back to shape. I don't know about this one, flip a coin, and I think Mater Dei pulls this one out by 7. 

I will post my in-depth one of Reitz/Castle later 

A lot of it seem like pettiness just for pettiness' sake to me.

It wasn't an issue in 2020 (Covid year) where both sides were limited to 250 tickets.  The health department hasn't set a cap, but there still may not be too many more on the home side Friday.  At least in red. 

I wasn't around back then, but how did Harrison/Bosse handle the seating arrangements prior to Romain's construction?   

Looking up north, how did things turn out for Broad Ripple HS after Chatard moved away and stopped using their campus/facility?  

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

Have fun hugging Harrison’s coach and AD heard they are great to deal with. Until then If I was a Memorial fan I would just shut up and sit where I want . 

Hmmm?  I’ll pass on hugging any AD or coach. Can I ask why you were hugging both of them?  

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

Both seem like good guys to me. 

Edited by Screagle

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Memorial’s practice field won’t be able to accommodate a full stadium at all. It will likely be built somewhere else and that is a big question too. It will be a while before Memorial moves out of Enlow unless someone drops a few million dollars to build one.

If someone was willing to give the school that much dough, I have a feeling it wouldn’t go toward a stadium that would be used a handful of times each year.

It’s probably a luxury Memorial will never be able to afford.  Mater Dei could probably upgrade theirs if they got a big enough check.

I don’t mind playing at Enlow.  But this “guest stands against Bosse” thing is so childish and petty.  It’s a good thing for Bosse too, after all.

16 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

MD typically fills the visitors bleachers when they are the home team against Reitz.  I've sat in the both ends of the bowl as well.  Doesn't seem to by any animosity among the MD fans about sitting on the visitors side.

Reitz always brings a crowd.  Bosse is usually lucky to have 100 fans.  You should see the contrast, it’s almost comical.

36 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

someone was willing to give the school that much dough, I have a feeling it wouldn’t go toward a stadium that would be used a handful of times each year.

Actually, if there is no track, Lacrosse in the spring it will be used. But I also get your point too

59 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

MD typically fills the visitors bleachers when they are the home team against Reitz.  I've sat in the both ends of the bowl as well.  Doesn't seem to by any animosity among the MD fans about sitting on the visitors side.

Bosse admin and fans not thrilled by the idea of Memorial fans using both sides. 

Just now, Screagle said:

Bosse admin and fans not thrilled by the idea of Memorial fans using both sides. 

So much so, apparently, that Memorial’s AD felt compelled to send out an email reminding people to sit in the visitors bleachers.  Maybe his counterpart at Bosse asked him if he would?

But I don’t see how they can really patrol that when it’s actually general admission.

If the visitors bleachers are full, where are people supposed to sit?

22 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

So much so, apparently, that Memorial’s AD felt compelled to send out an email reminding people to sit in the visitors bleachers.  Maybe his counterpart at Bosse asked him if he would?

But I don’t see how they can really patrol that when it’s actually general admission.

If the visitors bleachers are full, where are people supposed to sit?

25 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Fans can and should be able to sit wherever. How many fans Bosse has or doesn’t is irrelevant. Much to do about a high school sporting event. Let’s not make this something more. Maybe it turns out to be a small inconvenience for some. Kids still get to play and that’s all that really matters. People upset by seating arrangements are looking at the small picture.

Just now, Evansville50 said:

Fans can and should be able to sit wherever. How many fans Bosse has or doesn’t is irrelevant. Much to do about a high school sporting event. Let’s not make this something more. Maybe it turns out to be a small inconvenience for some. Kids still get to play and that’s all that really matters. People upset by seating arrangements are looking at the small picture.

Plus it’s pretty obvious that this is an issue between one school who doesn’t care about football at all, and one that may care to much . That’s the funny part. 

Plus it’s pretty obvious that this is an issue between one school who doesn’t care about football at all, and one that may care to much . That’s the funny part. 

Tell me you know ZERO about the issue without saying you know ZERO about the issue.  

It’s simple…..stick to the agreement and don’t make changes on the go.  There’s  more to it. Now they are wanting to deny Memorial the use of live hudl during the game. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Screagle said:

Tell me you know ZERO about the issue without saying you know ZERO about the issue.  

Here’s an issue that I do know about . Without Brodie, Tyler, Rode, the lineman from North and many others you’re not a very good team year in and out. Be happy rules are in place to allow those kids to get vouchers if needed and transfer and stop worrying about seats. Or just complain about everything that doesn’t perfectly fit your needs. 

9 minutes ago, Screagle said:

It’s simple…..stick to the agreement and don’t make changes on the go.  There’s  more to it. Now they are wanting to deny Memorial the use of live hudl during the game. 

The more I have read this thread in the last 10 minutes the more bush league this seems to be getting.