Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

On 9/19/2022 at 1:02 PM, combthehair said:

Memorial by 35

Reitz by 7. I hope this one is live-streamed. 

MD by 3. I think this ends up being the closest game of the week. 

Jasper by 14. I hope. If we can limit turnovers. 

VL by 21. 

Castle at Reitz livestream here:  

https://www.tristatehomepage.com/home-team-friday/live-stream/

7 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Here’s an issue that I do know about . Without Brodie, Tyler, Rode, the lineman from North and many others you’re not a very good team year in and out. Be happy rules are in place to allow those kids to get vouchers if needed and transfer and stop worrying about seats. Or just complain about everything that doesn’t perfectly fit your needs. 

LOL. Obviously you don't know. We went to state three years in a row and won twice without any of those players. Rode has only played 3 games. Please give us the names of the "many others". Make no mistake, we are happy to have such high-character kids in our school. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Here’s an issue that I do know about . Without Brodie, Tyler, Rode, the lineman from North and many others you’re not a very good team year in and out. Be happy rules are in place to allow those kids to get vouchers if needed and transfer and stop worrying about seats. Or just complain about everything that doesn’t perfectly fit your needs. 

LMAO.  Go look at 2016, 2017, 2018, rosters and guess again. You obviously know ZERO about Memorial football. Sit this one out.  
These names ring a bell. COMBSX2, Hart, Lindauer, Turnbaugh, Goodwin, Johnson, McCool, Pence, Falkenstien, Hurley, Lively, Merrimee, Ervin, and I could go on all day. 

23 minutes ago, Screagle said:

LMAO.  Go look at 2016, 2017, 2018, rosters and guess again. You obviously know ZERO about Memorial football. Sit this one out.  
These names ring a bell. COMBSX2, Hart, Lindauer, Turnbaugh, Goodwin, Johnson, McCool, Pence, Falkenstien, Hurley, Lively, Merrimee, Ervin, and I could go on all day. 

And 2019.  

58 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Ervin ,Mcguire pretty sure aren’t life kind catholic boys etc. Memorial did have a special group. Still added by voucher kids. My point was that’s not possible yr in yr out . 

5 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

Ervin ,Mcguire pretty sure aren’t life kind catholic boys etc. Memorial did have a special group. Still added by voucher kids. My point was that’s not possible yr in yr out . 

I believe there is no longer a point to any of this. It’s hard to communicate with Grant from whatever barstool he is currently sitting on. 

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

08, 09, 17, 18, 19.  List the transfers. The number of voucher kids is much greater than you think the past few years.  Large number of families that have been in Catholic schools now qualify for money.  Why not take advantage of a great opportunity both academically and athletically? With or without Ervin and Mcquire the Tigers finish season Thanksgiving weekend. 

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

I believe there is no longer a point to any of this. It’s hard to communicate with Grant from whatever barstool he is currently sitting on. 

Wow. Throwing shade on a good young man who loves his Tigers. Stay classy big guy!
from NOT Grant.  

Castle at Reitz

One of the biggest matchups we have been waiting for the last couple of weeks, as 4-1 Castle travels to the WestSide against the undefeated 5-0 Reitz Panthers at the Bowl. Reitz is coming off another dominating win against Central in a shot out behind a strong performance of Vera (at QB), Summers, Burnett, Thomas and more. Reitz is coming off an impressive dominating performance over a tough Vincennes team, as the Knights have discovered a hidden gem in McCool. So, who wins this matchup, if Reitz wins, the remains king of the SIAC, if Castle wins they tie and for first and bust open the conference? 

As @Football Fanatic has already said about common opponents. The most eye catching score is their wins over Vincennes. As Castle dominated the Alices last week, while Reitz went back and forth with them until the last game winning play (I’ll be fair as this was an early game). But this game won’t be played on grass, if you want to make that an argument. Let’s break down the stats:

Total Offense/passing/rushing:

Reitz- 430.6 YPG/269.8/160.8

Castle- 290.8/145.2/145.6 

Reitz is definitely more of an heavy passing threat this season averaging around 270 passing yards a game, while doing well on the rushing attack.

Castle, on the other hand, is more balanced when it comes to the Passing/Rushing game, although pretty low statistically, they do their job.

Total Defense/passing/rushing 

Reitz- 198.7 YPG/49.7/149.2

Castle- 298.6 YPG/133.8/164.8

Reitz currently holds the #1 spot in the SIAC defenses in being the top dog in passing defense, while placing #6 in the rushing allowed category.

Castle is currently 6th overall in the SIAC defenses, being in the middle of the pack statistically, although very quick to the ball.

Final judgment 

Depending on the status for Davies tonight, I do think we will be seeing Burnett more. However, I still think Reitz will be fine either way due to their depth of skill players. However, I am under the impression Davies will play tonight against Castle. But, I am not counting our Castle at all, since they are a solid team with some ball hawks on the defensive side. But they are going to be very, very active against Thomas, Vera and Summers the entire night. Going to be interesting to see how well can Reitz defend against a very good Castle LB Corp. And how well can Castle pass the ball against Reitz D.

Reitz is inching towards that SIAC crown for the first time since 2017, I wouldn’t blink Reitz. Castle may have some tricks of their sleeves. Give me a hard fought victory on the West Side….

Panthers will be roaring over the Knights by 12

2 hours ago, FootballFan2000 said:

The kids playing the game care about whether or not the game will be live streamed on hudl? 

I find that interesting.

That's the service coaches use during games to look at replays on the sidelines.  Most teams are using it these days.  So, of course the kids care about that.  Why wouldn't they?

Bosse has apparently raised a fuss about Memorial using it at Enlow.  I'm not even sure what their gripe is.

9 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Final judgment 

Depending on the status for Davies tonight, I do think we will be seeing Burnett more. However, I still think Reitz will be fine either way due to their depth of skill players. However, I am under the impression Davies will play tonight against Castle.

Last I heard it is another game-time decision, or unknown at the very least. I would guess that since nobody has heard anything about him playing, the chances that he plays are low. Can the Panthers win with Vera at QB again? Vera was awesome at QB against Central, but this is a whole different defensive beast. We know he runs very well, and it seems like he throws decently well, but just does not have the size or arm that Davies has. Personally, I think they are good enough to win either way though. Should be a great game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Last I heard it is another game-time decision, or unknown at the very least. I would guess that since nobody has heard anything about him playing, the chances that he plays are low. Can the Panthers win with Vera at QB again? Vera was awesome at QB against Central, but this is a whole different defensive beast. We know he runs very well, and it seems like he throws decently well, but just does not have the size or arm that Davies has. Personally, I think they are good enough to win either way though. Should be a great game.

Same thought with me, whoever, if Castle catches you napping, it’s going to be a long night. 

3 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

Not sure what a "life kind Catholic boy" is, but being Catholic isn't a requirement to attend Memorial. I find it interesting that you assume the players you've mentioned by name were "voucher kids".. Is there something wrong with any family taking advantage of a resource available to them to provide an education they feel is better for their child? And why would it matter whether a family received assistance or not? In fact, every family who has a kid attending Memorial (or MD) receives some measure of financial assistance because alumni and the parishes provide significant funds to help keep tuition lower. And by the way, those two only played in 2017, not 2018 or 2019. 

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

If you don’t know who is playing, who do you prepare for as they have different styles. Reason why it is so hushed on the west side. 

22 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

If you don’t know who is playing, who do you prepare for as they have different styles. Reason why it is so hushed on the west side. 

Very true. I mentioned earlier in the week that I wonder who Castle will be preparing for. It’ll be interesting to see who starts and how the defense will adjust to it.