Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral @ Hammond Morton - 09/23

Irish of course did not play this past Friday as they could not get a team to schedule that date.

I think they had the same issue last year, however with some acts of congress Hammond Morton agreed to play the Irish where the game was pretty much decided after the coin flip.

Irish travel up to Hammond Friday to take on the 1-6 Governors for the return match.

As an Irish fan I am little concerned with all the downtime as the first unit will probably see action in the first half only on Friday.   After this game just three games remain in the regular season, with our first home game finally happening on Sept 30th!  This regular season is flying by too damn fast.

That was not the issue last year.  Coach Peebs is trying to help the coach at Morton get his team off the ground.  The series is set for 4 years.

I would attend this game if it was a bit closer, but I'm not driving that distance for this one.  Maybe in a couple years when, and if, Morton gets their program back in gear.

And it's never good to have a week off and not continue your game routine.  The only plus is that some of the Irish injured have time to heal.

4 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I remember years ago when Cathedral had scheduling problems when the other Indy Catholic schools would not play them, and they had problems finding local schools to play, and had to resort to playing more of a statewide and out of state schedule.  Is that a problem today with Chatard and Brebeuf on the schedule?

Did Cathedral not renew the contrac/?

If I though that's how this was typed at least three times...

17 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I remember years ago when Cathedral had scheduling problems when the other Indy Catholic schools would not play them, and they had problems finding local schools to play, and had to resort to playing more of a statewide and out of state schedule.  Is that a problem today with Chatard and Brebeuf on the schedule?

Chatard hasn't come off of Cathedral's regular season schedule since at least 1989. (Cathedral leads series 29-19)

Brebeuf and Cathedral have played each other 21 times since 1971 (Cathedral leads series 17-4).

Cathedral and Ritter haven't played each other since 2003. Cathedral and Scecina haven't played each other since 1984. Cathedral and Roncalli haven't played each other in the regular season since 2010, but they have met in the tournament 4 times after that. I believe I read an artical last year that Cathedral and Roncalli will resume playing in the regular season in 2023 or 2024. Most of the scheduling issues for Cathedral are because while they are independent it is tough to schedule Indiana opponents weeks 3-7 because they are in conference play.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:56 AM, scarab527 said:

Sagarin #2 vs Sagarin #243...

Is this the biggest discrepancy in rankings for a non-conference game ever? 

That's why I'm staying home.  I haven't missed a game, by my own choosing, since 2017, but too many miles for this one.  I also hope to get a live stream or at least a radio feed from this "game."  I'll be back for the last three games.

BTW, for those who care, I had my annual cardiologist appointment Tuesday, and my heart is still pumping blood as it should.  I had congestive heart failure in 2000 and I have had a great cardiologist since, Dr.  Dennis Dickos at St. Vincent.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

That's why I'm staying home.  I haven't missed a game, by my own choosing, since 2017, but too many miles for this one.  I also hope to get a live stream or at least a radio feed from this "game."  I'll be back for the last three games.

BTW, for those who care, I had my annual cardiologist appointment Tuesday, and my heart is still pumping blood as it should.  I had congestive heart failure in 2000 and I have had a great cardiologist since, Dr.  Dennis Dickos at St. Vincent.  

I-65 from Indy to the Region…

Will the Irish SCORE 65?

This two week stretch is just a momentum killer. A bye week into a J/V game 2.5 hours away. The flow of the season has been abysmal. I'm praying we can re-ignite the fire. Cincy LaSalle, Brebeuf, Center Grove, another Bye, then a brutal stretch for the title. The boys aren't getting much flow. 

I'm kinda sad that the seniors (and Mr. Football guys) don't get to strut their stuff for the stats/voters. Jaron Tibbs is the finest receiver in the state. A possession receiver and touchdown toss-up guy that always wins (i.e. Mike Evans). Or, Brennan Wooten, the Western Michigan recruit wrecking ball in the open field that has had to share TDs with so many talented WRs the last 3 years. Or Kendrick Gilbert, the one-man disruption machine (think Ed "Too Tall" Jones from the old school Cowboys). 

It has surely been a weird season. We have the horses to win it all. No question. But can we lasso that momentum from a herky jerky season with our weakest competition in a decade? If we do, it will be Coach Peebles finest season ever. 

War Irish. 

Edited by IndianaWrestlingGuy
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

I'm kinda sad that the seniors (and Mr. Football guys) don't get to strut their stuff for the stats/voters. Jaron Tibbs is the finest receiver in the state. A possession receiver and touchdown toss-up guy that always wins (i.e. Mike Evans). Or, Brennan Wooten, the Western Michigan recruit wrecking ball in the open field that has had to share TDs with so many talented WRs the last 3 years. Or Kendrick Gilbert, the one-man disruption machine (think Ed "Too Tall" Jones from the old school Cowboys). 

War Irish. 

According to MaxPreps Tibbs is listed as 17th in class 6a in receiving yards with 281 yards. Ben Davis has 2 receivers in top 10 at 3rd and 8th. Heck Center Grove receiver Is 2nd and has more yards than Tibbs and Wooten combined. Tibbs will need a heck of a second half of the season and a deep run in the state tournament to get into the Mr. football running (IMO)

10 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

According to MaxPreps Tibbs is listed as 17th in class 6a in receiving yards with 281 yards. Ben Davis has 2 receivers in top 10 at 3rd and 8th. Heck Center Grove receiver Is 2nd and has more yards than Tibbs and Wooten combined. Tibbs will need a heck of a second half of the season and a deep run in the state tournament to get into the Mr. football running (IMO)

Tibbs has played one less game and has had a running clock in 2/4 games they've played in. Will likely only play a quarter, two at the most, tonight, and I don't think the ball is going to be put in the air much after the first couple possessions. Brebeuf has the potential to be a running clock as well. Going to need a big state tournament to be in consideration. 

9 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Stats are misleading sometimes, and this is a perfect case.  You need to see Jaron Tibbs play to appreciate his talent.  He's the best WR I've ever seen at Cathedral High School, and I saw my first Irish game in 1955.

I guess there's no live stream or live radio broadcast tonight.  I'll just follow along on Max Preps, it looks like.  I hate missing any Irish game.

21 hours ago, Slobberknocker said:

Tibbs has played 1 less game (4 games) and Wooten has played 2 less (3 games). Cathedral has really spread the ball around between their WR's and TE's They have 2 WR's (Ayers and Tibbs) and 2 TE's (Wooten and Meeks) that they spread it around pretty well between. There is a reason their QB through 5 games has only thrown 1 INT (that 1 INT was from a pass that he was hit from behind as he was throwing). He is very accurate and doesn't take unnecessary risk finding any open receiver.