• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Big Ten Rankings After Week 3

temptation

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I don’t want you to hedge against yourself on a bet lol

I think Penn state/OSU and then they lose to someone they shouldn’t 

might even be Maryland. 

10-2 also possible and I’m not against it….but I don’t think they are nearly as good as last year 

Drinking that Penn State Kool Aid after their win over the 14th best team in the SEC huh?

If Jeff Brohm had a brain they would have lost in West Lafayette and couldn’t run the ball against PURDUE.

Plus they are still coached by James Franklin…the second most overpaid coach in college football behind Mel Tucker.

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

That was my third loss for Michigan when I had originally made the bet with you. Iowa would have to play 8 quarters to score enough points to beat Michigan. 

I still think the Wolverines get rolled by Ohio State in a revenge game from last year but I just don't see them losing any more than two games, if two at all. 

Citing revenge for OSU huh?  Their D is still charmin soft and the game is still being played in late November.

I like Michigan’s chances.

Just now, temptation said:

Drinking that Penn State Kool Aid after their win over the 14th best team in the SEC huh?

If Jeff Brohm had a brain they would have lost in West Lafayette and couldn’t run the ball against PURDUE.

Plus they are still coached by James Franklin…the second most overpaid coach in college football behind Mel Tucker.

Penn State looked impressive against Auburn Saturday until you realized this is the worst fielded Auburn team in the last 50 years and their coach is a dead man walking. 

Give Penn State two years and they may be the best team in the B10 in spite of James Franklin. Two freshman RB's are going to be really good as they continue to develop and I think Allar is a potential top 5 pick down the road. But they will still have to overcome Franklin's in-game incompetence. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Penn State looked impressive against Auburn Saturday until you realized this is the worst fielded Auburn team in the last 50 years and their coach is a dead man walking. 

Give Penn State two years and they may be the best team in the B10 in spite of James Franklin. Two freshman RB's are going to be really good as they continue to develop and I think Allar is a potential top 5 pick down the road. But they will still have to overcome Franklin's in-game incompetence. 

Winning in that environment is impressive, I’ll give Penn State that.

Playing the atmosphere is sometimes tougher than the actual opponent in my opinion.

That’s why Iowa still makes me nervous.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Winning in that environment is impressive, I’ll give Penn State that.

Playing the atmosphere is sometimes tougher than the actual opponent in my opinion.

That’s why Iowa still makes me nervous.

I think Iowa fans are already over this season and are at crossroads with Ferentz and his son. If Iowa somehow manages to keep it close with Rutgers next week it might get ugly. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Can't just yet.  Michigan lost a lot on D last year and has played three high school teams.

Fort Wayne is 15 minutes from Ohio. They come here wearing their OSU gear in droves. Makes me nauseous. 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Wait, hold the fort here. You were wrong about something?

Well technically not yet, but not feeling good.

Haven't been wrong about ND and Marcus Freeman though. Nice to get the first win off his back but he just looked uncomfortable on the sideline the entire afternoon. I don't see him making it more than 3 years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Well technically not yet, but not feeling good.

Haven't been wrong about ND and Marcus Freeman though. Nice to get the first win off his back but he just looked uncomfortable on the sideline the entire afternoon. I don't see him making it more than 3 years. 

I hope you're wrong just for the sake of him coming across as a good guy. Ryan Day made it, why not Freeman?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Same reason why a ton of high end coordinators never made it. 

Just sayin. Notre Dame wasn't the only high profile program to take a chance on a successful coordinator. Sink or swim. Sometimes the risk is worth the reward, sometimes not. 

Just now, BTF said:

Just sayin. Notre Dame wasn't the only high profile program to take a chance on a successful coordinator. Sink or swim. Sometimes the risk is worth the reward, sometimes not. 

Obviously.

But Ohio State can withstand hiring a coach every 3 years need be, Notre Dame necessarily can't. 

53 minutes ago, temptation said:

Citing revenge for OSU huh?  Their D is still charmin soft and the game is still being played in late November.

I like Michigan’s chances.

James Franklin is meh to me

i like Penn state because I play devy fantasy football and they have a lot of guys I really like and continually pump out great NFL guys who can produce early in their careers. 

penn state would be better to bench Clifford for Drew Allar imo.  The WR talent they have there would be better served but then again Penn state is a year out from a legit playoff run….maybe 2 

On 9/19/2022 at 3:45 PM, temptation said:

@ Iowa still makes me nervous.  Crazy nonsense always seems to happen  there…must be the pink locker rooms.

Thankfully it was announced as a noon game today.  Want no part of the hornet’s nest that is Kinnick at night.

Agreed! I could be a fan of the juggernaut that is 2022 Georgia and I would still be nervous about a night game in Iowa City. Teams just go there to be tricked into dying.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

James Franklin is meh to me

i like Penn state because I play devy fantasy football and they have a lot of guys I really like and continually pump out great NFL guys who can produce early in their careers. 

penn state would be better to bench Clifford for Drew Allar imo.  The WR talent they have there would be better served but then again Penn state is a year out from a legit playoff run….maybe 2 

We should end up seeing Allar fairly soon. I don't think it's possible for Clifford to make it through the season without missing time for injuries. The guy looks like he takes a beating every game.

5 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

We should end up seeing Allar fairly soon. I don't think it's possible for Clifford to make it through the season without missing time for injuries. The guy looks like he takes a beating every game.

How has their run blocking improved so much but they are still atrocious in pass protection?

Edited by temptation

44 minutes ago, temptation said:

How has their run blocking improved so much but they are still atrocious in pass protection?

Clifford has terrible pocket awareness and doesn't throw it will enough to begin with when his feet are set so they are always moving the pocket and getting him downhill which leads to a lot of unnecessary hits. They run a ton of RPO and zone read as well which opens him up to even more contact. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Clifford has terrible pocket awareness and doesn't throw it will enough to begin with when his feet are set so they are always moving the pocket and getting him downhill which leads to a lot of unnecessary hits. They run a ton of RPO and zone read as well which opens him up to even more contact. 

This.

clifford is also imo at his ceiling

He’s a great college QB.  Nothing wrong with that…..except that he plays for a program that is looking for that Elite QB to put them over the top and into the playoffs.  

Unfortunately for him…Allar just happens to be the #1 QB from the 2022 class and the last year or so Allar has been on a rocket ship to the top and improving his game tremendously.  

i think I recall him absolutely lighting up the Elite 11 competitions and he went from a high 4star to a consensus top 3 QB in just a matter of a few months 

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

This.

clifford is also imo at his ceiling

He’s a great college QB.  Nothing wrong with that…..except that he plays for a program that is looking for that Elite QB to put them over the top and into the playoffs.  

Unfortunately for him…Allar just happens to be the #1 QB from the 2022 class and the last year or so Allar has been on a rocket ship to the top and improving his game tremendously.  

i think I recall him absolutely lighting up the Elite 11 competitions and he went from a high 4star to a consensus top 3 QB in just a matter of a few months 

Clifford is a game manager that has just enough left in the tank to make a play when you need it, but he's not going to go out there and beat OSU or UM without some serious help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

They barely could get by Purdue and Purdue has serious issues with closing out games

And that's kind of my point. Led a flawless game winning drive at the end but should have never been in that situation in the first place. PSU had a double-digit half time lead and then all of the sudden Clifford starts missing throws high and wide and then eventually throws just a terrible pick 6 and PSU then has to hang on for dear life. PSU with even a semi-competent QB performance in the second half wins that game by 2-3 TDs.

• Like 1