Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 6

Week 6 Picks...

Attica @ North Vermillion - The Falcons are probably ready to get back to winning this week. Back to back losses to the Wildcats and the Panthers may have knocked them out of WRC contention. I think the Red Ramblers are just what the doctor ordered. Falcons get a running clock game in their favor, 48-6. 

Covington @ Parke Heritage - The Trojans took it on the chin last week. So did the Woolfs. Trojans haven't pulled out a win since week one, but have scored some points in previous games. The Woolfs have only managed to score significant points against Attica. This one may be a Dog Fight. i think the Woolfs home field advantage will help them come out on top, 34-32.

Fountain Central @ Seeger - Oh boy, this should be a good one. Possibly game of the week material. I'm sure there will be no love lost between the Patriots and the Mustangs. Former Coach vs. Former Players. Both teams have rebounded nicely from a rough beginning. And both can pound the ball down the field. Although, I think Seeger will be too much in the end, 44-24. 

Riverton Parke @ South Vermillion - This one was so important it had to be played on a Saturday! Seriously though, I heard there was some trouble finding officials to work Friday night, so it had to be moved. I hope this isn't becoming a trend. Saturday is for college football! Maybe the Wildcats still have some talent they feel can play on Saturdays? The Panthers looked impressive grinding one out against the Falcons. If the Panthers can pull this one off it may give Seeger an inside track to the WRC title. I think that is what will happen. Panthers find a way and grind out another one, 26-24. 

Attica @ NV - NV by a lot. 56-12

Covington @ PH - I don't think PH will have the athletes to keep up with Covington. Covington wins 26-12

FC @ Seeger - FC might be playing better than they were earlier in the season but I'm not sure if they are good enough to win. I could see this being close early, but Seeger has been playing well and they'll win this one by a couple scores. 35-20

RP @ SV - Why is this game on a Saturday?? I'll definitely make my way to this one! Should be a great game. There's a chance that this could be a game that messes with the conference standings.. I like when all games matter so I'll take RP with an upset win 24-21

Attica @ NV - I stand corrected on my Falcon over RP prediction last week. It seems the Falcons aren't as dominate as I thought initially. Still better than Attica by whatever the running clock allows them.

Covington @ PH - Ill take the Trojans. It will be close early, but I think Covington can score the ball better. 34-13.

FC @ Seeger - Seeger seems to be playing good football right now. They have some athletes. I think FC is too inconsistent, but if they come to play, it could be a battle. 34-22.

RP @ SV -  With how even the SV/NV game was after the 1st, I will say this could be a battle. Although match-ups are way different, I still think you can compare teams a little. Since this is being played at the visor field, Ill take SV 34-28.

Edited by Marshall Mathers

Attica @ NV - Back-to-back losses for the Falcons equals bad news for the Ramblers.  The Ramblers have only scored 25 points all year.  Running clock.  54-6 

Covington @ Rockville - The flying jets sweeps simply don’t have enough offense to keep up with the Trojans.  Covington 42-12 in a game I may go watch, sit beside Billy Bettis and take notes.  

FC @ Seeger - I don’t see how this one is close at all.  Seeger’s horses up front on the DL aren’t going to allow FC to run their QB lead and counter as they want. Seeger wins big at home in Herb’s reunion tour stop.  52-14 

RP @ SV - tenderloins vs visors.  The Panthers are coming off of a big homecoming win over NV without their starting QB.  A three game stretch of Seeger, NV and SV ends this week, followed by Attica, PH and Covington.  Panthers take this in a close one 22-21  with Coach WRC123 watching from the endzone.  

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Attica at North Vermilion 

Covington at The Woofs 

Fountain Central at Seeger 

Riverton Parke at South Vermilion on Saturday 

NV over Attica 42-0. Falcons take out their frustrations on the Ramblers. 

PH over CT 24-21. Wolves did some things differently last week offensively after some injuries, obviously were shutout by a good Seeger team but should be back at full strength and will get the ball moving. 

FC over Seeger 28-21. Huge game for coach King after the shady way the Patriots fired him, he will bring all the tricks out this week and have his kids fired up. 

GOTW

SV wins by hook and ladder over RP with 8 seconds remaining. 35-34. Will Garman come out in spread or play smash mouth football? Can they stop the stud defensive lineman for SV? I just feel SV has too much speed across the board to let Hazzard run for 250+  Someone else will have to step up. This games turned into a pretty good rivalry. KA, I’d love to make you sit in the middle of Rox country but I will be in Virginia for a wedding unfortunately.

1-Most competitive week of the year, a user stated last week this is the worst the WRC has been in a very long time. Anyone agree?

2- If Lutheran makes a run will they be bumped up to 2A? Could SouthPut give them any trouble?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillyBettis said:

PH over CT 24-21. Wolves did some things differently last week offensively after some injuries, obviously were shutout by a good Seeger team but should be back at full strength and will get the ball moving. 

FC over Seeger 28-21. Huge game for coach King after the shady way the Patriots fired him, he will bring all the tricks out this week and have his kids fired up. 

GOTW

SV wins by hook and ladder over RP with 8 seconds remaining. 35-34. Will Garman come out in spread or play smash mouth football? Can they stop the stud defensive lineman for SV? I just feel SV has too much speed across the board to let Hazzard run for 250+  Someone else will have to step up. This games turned into a pretty good rivalry. KA, I’d love to make you sit in the middle of Rox country but I will be in Virginia for a wedding unfortunately.

1-Most competitive week of the year, a user stated last week this is the worst the WRC has been in a very long time. Anyone agree?

2- If Lutheran makes a run will they be bumped up to 2A? Could SouthPut give them any trouble?

I dont know if you can say it's the worst the wrc has been. Maybe the powerhouse teams of the wrc aren't as good as past year, but I think overall it's a more level playing field. Maybe the wrc should think about kicking the visors out. It would probably benefit both. The visors could play some bigger schools and get more prepared for sectionals. 

4 hours ago, BillyBettis said:

GOTW

This is the first year for this alignment so everyone is at zero points. Lutherans could win 3 straight before moving up then everyone would hate them like they’re Catholics. They’re kinda like Catholics anyways just different rules. I think Martin Lutherans broke away from the church because Catholics can’t masterbate. 
Anyways every year I think South Putnams is gonna break through but they never do. No different this year. I gotta go 

Attica @ NV- Crabtree isn't going to be happy about losing two big games in a row. The Ramblin Men of Attica just don't have much to offer. I'm going to take NV 42-0

Trojans @ Woofs- The Woofs just don't have enough depth to play with anyone. After a big loss to a good Seeger team last week I am going to take the Trojans 42-12.

FC @ Seeger- This could be a good game. Herbie is going to be fired up and ready to play at his old stomping grounds. But I don't think the counter and the QB power is going to be enough for the Mustangs. This might be the game that makes Herbie saddle up and ride off into the football sunset. Seeger 42-14

RP @ Mildcats- This is another game of the week. SV has a lot to offer but they are playing a tough RP team. RP is coming off a huge win over SV without their starting QB and I heard he is out again this week. Question is, will they spread it our or want to run it down their throat? This is going to be a close game but I'm taking RP 22-14.

Edited by Boobie Miles

10 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

I think Martin Lutherans broke away from the church because Catholics can’t masterbate. 

Then you are in big trouble Donnie!!

North Vermillion

Covington

Seeger

South Vermillion

I'll dig a little deeper with these picks later in the week.  Donnie's comment kinda threw me off a bit.

• Haha 1

Attica @ North Vermilion- Pretty straight forward here, NV decent and angry vs Attica who is not very good. NV gets on track and plays some youngsters. NV 44-6 

Covington @ Parke Heritage- To use a @Ballhawk  coined phrase give me some "Beef House Speed." I don't think PH is very good (as someone said last week imagine if they weren't consolidated). Covington has more athletes. I'll continue with my prediction from last week that the Rox Wolves don't score what they did against Attica the rest of the season combined. Covington 54-6

Fountain Central @ Seeger- Herbie and the Stangs will play tough for a while, too good a coach not to go down swinging especially at a former program. Unfortunately for FC the retirement tour gets another L and Seeger overpowers the Mustangs. Seeger 44-22 

Riverton Parke @ South Vermilion- The Saturday matinee matchup. SV has athletes aplenty. RP fought hard and picked up a quality win against a quality opponent last week in the battle of the tenderloins (heard next year the winner gets a gold plated Mecca Tavern 'groin). The question is can RP make the conference title race a question and do they have the guys to compete against the 2A's. I think RP hangs tough, hangs around, and shows they can compete week in and week out. Give me a Saturday upset and an actual race for the conference title. RP grounds and pounds and manages to slow down the Cats attack. Heard it here first a 10 minute drive to close out the 4th Quarter and give the Panthers the W. RP 22-21

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

This is the first year for this alignment so everyone is at zero points. Lutherans could win 3 straight before moving up then everyone would hate them like they’re Catholics. They’re kinda like Catholics anyways just different rules. I think Martin Lutherans broke away from the church because Catholics can’t masterbate. 
Anyways every year I think South Putnams is gonna break through but they never do. No different this year. I gotta go 

Donnie... mayb I b wrong... but I think if LCC doesn't win sec this yr... dey b back in 1A next yr...

Its been years since I have posted, though I read the GD every week, I thought I would jump in here and start posting again.

First of all good luck to all WRC Football Teams, stay healthy.

My Picks:

Attica @ N. Vermillion.  NV as many as they want

Covington @ Parke Heritage.  PH going from top three in WRC to bottom two. Covington by 3 TD

Fountain Central @ Seeger.  Herbie is hungry for this one and will have his ponies fired up, Patriots have too many weapons, Seeger by 3 TD

Riverton Parke @ S. Vermillion.  RP is having one of their better seasons, but not enough in Clinton.  The fireworks will be going off, SV by 2 TD

I’m picking:

NV rumbles over the ramblers easily after a few frustrating weeks. Predicting a come up for the MIGHTY CRABTREES in the next few years with their JV undefeated so far this year

FELLERS OF TROY. Nothing about this game excites me, so we’ll move on.

SEEGERS. An HOF-er can’t solve all your problems as it turns out. 

The underdog HAZZARDS in the matchup of the week against the 2A LITTLE GARZOLINIS

13 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Why does everyone think Herbs is retiring?

Well the rumor mill in North Country Parke has been spinning two narratives: 1. That with the season going how it is that has to be the call, just be done and finished, call it a career. 2. This has all been an elaborate plan to return to Rockville and do what Moore couldn't, get more than a sectional. He'd be like a dang ole majestic phoenix rising from the ashes of a smoldering program scared to fade into the bottom of the conference talk.   

16 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

This is the first year of the current alignment, I swear to God it is

Not sure what the .. reevaluation  criteria is..... 

The pandemic caused the reclassification to be delayed a year and caused the tournament success factor — which followed the same two-year cycle — to be thrown off by a year. The IHSAA executive committee applied the tournament success factor, but also determined that the eight schools playing a higher classification who earned at least one point to continue playing at a higher classification in 2022-23 and will be reevaluated after the school year adjusted accordingly. Programs that were playing up that did not earn a point were returned to the lower class.

According to the Indy Star... Dwenger and LCC ... will b reevaluated... that could throw off class assignments for next year... the way I read it... hmmm

The eight programs that will remain up in class are Fort Wayne Canterbury in boys soccer, South Bend St. Joseph in girls soccer, Barr-Reeve and Yorktown in volleyball, Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger and Lafayette Central Catholic in football and Fort Wayne Blackhawk Christian in boys basketball.

It's great having the IHSAA.TV app so you can watch multiple teams each week.  I've been able to catch a lot of the WRC games to get a feel for the teams and how they are performing.  I've already made my picks but here's a little more supporting evidence.

Attica at North Vermilion - I find it sad to see the state of the Rambler program.  Low numbers and an overall dearth of talent.  I know results and roster sizes can be cyclical, but Attica has really fallen since Coach Good left.  Did he see this coming and leave?  Oh well, I guess I won't be making a trip to Bruce Field this year.  The team is struggling and the Short Stop is now a Mexican joint.  The Falcons seem to ride the talent cycle pretty well, so maybe a lot can be said for coaching.

Covington at The Woofs - did PH really bring in a lot of hired guns under Coach Moore?  Did they all move back after he departed to North Put to assist his son?  Would Turkey Run be better to open back up?  I watched the Trojan-Mustang game and Covington did a few nice things and it will be enough to handle the Wolves.  The game I watched PH showed me all I need to see.

Fountain Central at Seeger - Seeger has always been a special place for me (except in 2004 when we were robbed!!).  My profile pic is an early 1960s Seeger helmet that my dad wore.  It sits in my office now.  Hard to pick against them being from Warren County.  They beat the HOF coach at his former stomping grounds.  I don't see the coach retiring.  Coaches don't like to leave unfinished business.  Don't see it happening here.

Riverton Parke at South Vermilion on Saturday - as much as I want to see the little guy step up and whip the big guy, I don't see it happening here, although I do hope I'm wrong.

Enjoy the games and keep the kids healthy.  Cheer for your side and respect your opponent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

It's great having the IHSAA.TV app so you can watch multiple teams each week.  I've been able to catch a lot of the WRC games to get a feel for the teams and how they are performing.  I've already made my picks but here's a little more supporting evidence.

Attica at North Vermilion - I find it sad to see the state of the Rambler program.  Low numbers and an overall dearth of talent.  I know results and roster sizes can be cyclical, but Attica has really fallen since Coach Good left.  Did he see this coming and leave?  Oh well, I guess I won't be making a trip to Bruce Field this year.  The team is struggling and the Short Stop is now a Mexican joint.  The Falcons seem to ride the talent cycle pretty well, so maybe a lot can be said for coaching.

Covington at The Woofs - did PH really bring in a lot of hired guns under Coach Moore?  Did they all move back after he departed to North Put to assist his son?  Would Turkey Run be better to open back up?  I watched the Trojan-Mustang game and Covington did a few nice things and it will be enough to handle the Wolves.  The game I watched PH showed me all I need to see.

Fountain Central at Seeger - Seeger has always been a special place for me (except in 2004 when we were robbed!!).  My profile pic is an early 1960s Seeger helmet that my dad wore.  It sits in my office now.  Hard to pick against them being from Warren County.  They beat the HOF coach at his former stomping grounds.  I don't see the coach retiring.  Coaches don't like to leave unfinished business.  Don't see it happening here.

Riverton Parke at South Vermilion on Saturday - as much as I want to see the little guy step up and whip the big guy, I don't see it happening here, although I do hope I'm wrong.

Enjoy the games and keep the kids healthy.  Cheer for your side and respect your opponent.

The Mexican restaurant is damn good, I swear to God it is 

I'm very curious on the IHSAA's plans on the reffing shortage? Is there really even a fix? I feel like at this point they may have to make it more lucrative for the officials. I think the pay is pretty reasonable, but not enough to deal with the amount of heckling they receive on a nightly basis. What are your thoughts on this? I'd hate to lose Friday night football because of a reffing shortage.