Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Six

Working our way through the middle third of the high school season.

Looks live seveal of us had conversation about the coming week in the Week Five log.

Let's keep the conversation going as it is Time For Week Six of the regular season!

Who You Got This Week?

Culver Academy at NJSP

LaVille at Knox

North White at Caston

Pioneer at Triton

Winamac at Culver

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

9 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Looks live seveal of us had conversation about the coming week in the Week Five log.

Let's keep the conversation going as it is Time For Week Six of the regular season!

Who You Got This Week?

Culver Academy at NJSP

LaVille at Knox

North White at Caston

Pioneer at Triton

Winamac at Culver

from_the_sidelines007

Much better games this week!

4 hours ago, Gameday said:

triton is something else they can’t be stopped and won’t be stopped 

triton 35

pioneer 7

Pump the brakes Gameday!  Triton has a good team but so does Pioneer, NJ and Knox!  1 game at a time.  I think Triton can beat Pioneer but not that easily!  Wondering why you’re so high on Triton!  Congratulations on first post!

20 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Who You Got This Week?

Culver Academy at NJSP

LaVille at Knox

North White at Caston

Pioneer at Triton

Winamac at Culver

from_the_sidelines007

NJSP 22 CMA 13

LaVille 36 Knox 14

North White 22 Caston 20

Pioneer 32 Triton 16

Winamac 20 Culver 8

Could see 3 of my picks losing

36 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

Is this a serious post? 

If I picked the other 3 teams. I'd be in the same boat lol.

Center Grove and Brownsburg could play and I'd pick one of them but could see the other team win...not that unusual there chief. 

I thought we were picking the teams we think would win!  My mistake.

22 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Who You Got This Week?

Culver Academy at NJSP

LaVille at Knox

North White at Caston

Pioneer at Triton

Winamac at Culver

from_the_sidelines007

NJP 35-10

Laville 48-17

North White 21-20

Triton 35-21

Winamac 28-21

7 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

I did pick the 3 teams I think will win but it would not surprise me if the other team won. 

There's no

LaVille vs Caston or NJ vs Caston this week.  

So with 3 games you claim could go either way this week,  one you have at a 12 point spread,  the other at a 16 point spread???

Just now, from_the_sidelines007 said:

I'm so confused . . . .

Am I the only one?

from_the_sidelines007

Walter is making his picks , then proceeds to tell you he wouldn’t be surprised if he’s wrong?  So why not pick the other team?  Seems as though he is covering all the bases!

Just now, Oldschool said:

Walter is making his picks , then proceeds to tell you he wouldn’t be surprised if he’s wrong?  So why not pick the other team?  Seems as though he is covering all the bases!

Covering all the bases!

It's no surprise I am easily confused!

from_the_sidelines007

7 hours ago, Oldschool said:

If I picked the other 3 teams. I'd be in the same boat lol. You don't see that do you? 

Center Grove and Brownsburg could play and I'd pick one of them but could see the other team win...not that unusual there chief. 

I'm not covering my bases, it's the fact there are good games on tap and none should be blow outs. 

I know that's hard for you to understand. 

44 minutes ago, WalterSobchak said:

If I picked the other 3 teams. I'd be in the same boat lol. You don't see that do you? 

I'm not covering my bases, it's the fact there are good games on tap and none should be blow outs. 

I know that's hard for you to understand. 

By 12 and 16 point spreads each time?

Culver Academy at NJSP- 28-7. Potentially see it being more but CMA tends to always be a tough game.

LaVille at Knox- 35-8. Think Knox sneaks a last minute TD in there.

North White at Caston- 42-21   Caston is tired of getting beat up and takes it out on NW.

Pioneer at Triton- 35-14.  Look for it to be a good game. Triton takes it to them in the second half though.

Winamac at Culver-  35-28 Young kids at winamac pull out a win.

Has Laville had to play four quarters yet all year? Will be interesting to see if Knox can stay competitive with them for four quarters. I think the only team that has played them tough was Triton for a half. Other than that its been blowouts left and right. As a coach as good as it feels to blow teams out week in and week out, it is also nice to have those close games with a little adversity to see how your guys respond. Certainly will happen come playoff time, and knowing what you have before then sure does help. I know all those players on Laville are veterans that have faced it in pryer years but its been a minute.

15 minutes ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

Has Laville had to play four quarters yet all year? Will be interesting to see if Knox can stay competitive with them for four quarters. I think the only team that has played them tough was Triton for a half. Other than that its been blowouts left and right. As a coach as good as it feels to blow teams out week in and week out, it is also nice to have those close games with a little adversity to see how your guys respond. Certainly will happen come playoff time, and knowing what you have before then sure does help. I know all those players on Laville are veterans that have faced it in pryer years but its been a minute.

You are correct.

LaVille has been challenged for one half of football thus far.

Still waiting for an effective passing team to challenge the defense.  LaVille has a solid defensive line and can fill holes pretty quickly. It's the secondary that has yet to be challenged.

That, coupled with the fact that LaVille has yet to be tested for four quarters are unknowns.

LaVille has several tested players and a solid coaching staff to help them through those times.

The rest of the season and state tournament should be exciting!

from_the_sidelines007 

Culver Academy at NJSP - Culver Academy has played a pretty difficult schedule to date, without much success.  But they are battle tested.  The Jays are prepping for a pretty difficult stretch of games to finish the season.  Hopefully they aren't looking past the Eagles this week.  I think it'll be a good game, but I'm taking the home team.  North Judson 28-14

LaVille at Knox - I don't think Knox can stop the Lancers.  And I don't think they can score enough on the Lancers to keep it close.  This will end up being another running clock as LaVille will mix things up and score quickly and often.  LaVille 49-8

North White at Caston - Caston has scored on every opponent they've played so far even though they've lost soundly to all of them.  North White has trouble scoring against a pretty weak schedule.  I think the Comets will move the ball against the Vikings and put up their first W of the season.  Caston 34-21

Pioneer at Triton - Could this be the year Triton exorcises the demons for both Bremen and Pioneer?  They certainly weren't rattled playing at Bremen.  So I'm curious to see how they handle the mental game against a solid Pioneer team.  Triton's D is legit.  I think they'll hold the Panther offense in check, but I expect Pioneer to get a special teams score (or two).  Triton is the better team on paper, and I think they'll get it done this week.  But it won't be easy or pretty.  Triton 28-16

Winamac at Culver - Maybe the game of the week in HNAC play!  Triton throttled the Cav offense last week to the tune of 66 total yards.  Culver will have a lot more success this week!  But Winamac has played through the gauntlet of their schedule already and they're due for a strong finish to the season.  I think this one comes down the last possession.  I'm taking the Cavs at home.  Culver 22-21