Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week Six

2 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

I wasn’t at game but I do know Laville left 10 points off the board at least with missed FG and Knox stopped them at 5 yard line. Plus blocked extra point 

I still think LaVille is the beat team in that conf but that LaVille Judson is gonna be a doozy. 

Pioneer on the verge of their first losing season since the 95 campaign. 

First time they've lost TWO conference games since 2001. 

Wow. Didn't think it'd come. 

9 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

I still think LaVille is the beat team in that conf but that LaVille Judson is gonna be a doozy. 

I know everyone thinks that LaVille / Judson game is for the conference title, but I would advise the Judson faithful not to overlook the Trojans this Friday. 

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

I know everyone thinks that LaVille / Judson game is for the conference title, but I would advise the Judson faithful not to overlook the Trojans this Friday. 

Don’t worry they won’t. They’ve heard all year how Laville and triton are the big dogs of the conference. 

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

I don't think that will be an issue. I think Quinton Frasure, Logan Radtke, Cheyenne Allen and Aldric Harper are good enough leaders that it won't happen. 

1 hour ago, littledog said:

Don’t worry they won’t. They’ve heard all year how Laville and triton are the big dogs of the conference. 

I think they probably heard that it was them two and Judson themselves. 

I don't know Cheyenne at all but I'm really impressed with the young man. 

First time I ever heard him speak.. I was standing next to Rabe and Paul Frasure at the Winamac vs West Central game. He came over and told Rabe and Paul that he was gonna run right through winamac's outside linebackers cause they aren't any good and he said some other things I won't say but the kid talks the talk and walks it too. 

I know he and Quinton frasure took the AC game last year personally as did some of the others. I think they are motivated to get back to SS and win it. 

On 9/20/2022 at 12:43 PM, Oldschool said:

Walter is making his picks , then proceeds to tell you he wouldn’t be surprised if he’s wrong?  So why not pick the other team?  Seems as though he is covering all the bases!

I interpreted Walter's post as him believing that three games would probably be tightly contested. He picked three teams winning by 12, 9, and 3. Those sound like close games to me. 

13 hours ago, WalterSobchak said:

Same. Does anyone have any insight into why Pioneer's numbers are down despite the fact that their enrollment has increased in the past few years?

Why haven't any new Pioneer state championship signs been posted on the edges of town for any of the recent titles in four sports? Where is the sign bragging about Jack Kiser being Mr. Football? I was told before that it wasn't in the budget, but surely a few of the areas wealthy farmers and business owners could come up with the funds, right? Has it not been in the budget due to the recent field renovations? I bring this up because these are the types of small things that continue to motivate the students to pursue excellence. If I was a kid and saw a picture of Jack Kiser everyday, I would want to grow up to be just as successful as he was! Jack, as the first and only 1A Mr. Football, is a continuous inspiration to the entire community.

Edited by AG
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, AG said:

Same. Does anyone have any insight into why Pioneer's numbers are down despite the fact that their enrollment has increased in the past few years?

Why haven't any new Pioneer state championship signs been posted on the edges of town for any of the recent titles in four sports? Where is the sign bragging about Jack Kiser being Mr. Football? I was told before that it wasn't in the budget, but surely a few of the areas wealthy farmers and business owners could come up with the funds, right? Has it not been in the budget due to the recent field renovations? I bring this up because these are the types of small things that continue to motivate the students to pursue excellence. If I was a kid and saw a picture of Jack Kiser everyday, I would want to grow up to be just as successful as he was! Jack, as the first and only 1A Mr. Football, is a continuous inspiration to the entire community.

Logansport seems to have a better team this year.  With Kiser gone, maybe the good football players are going back to Logansport to play for the old Pioneer coach.  Going from 1a to 2a back to 1a can also hurt a team.

3 hours ago, Tippy said:

Logansport seems to have a better team this year.  With Kiser gone, maybe the good football players are going back to Logansport to play for the old Pioneer coach.  Going from 1a to 2a back to 1a can also hurt a team.

There haven't been any high-profile Logan/Pioneer transfers that I'm aware of. Pioneer was supposed to be down this year and it's looked that way for a while. They're in a down cycle talent wise right now. 

According to Maxpreps, the roster has 38 this year and 34 during the past two seasons, but they only had 33 on the roster during Kiser's senior year. In 2015 there were 47 players, and in 2016 there were 58 players on the roster. I just assumed that the roster size would balloon after they won a couple of state titles, but it hasn't apparently.

4 hours ago, AG said:

It could be back to back years for Pioneer. 

Knox should be good still. LaVille and Judson will take a step back but will be solid. 

I think Triton may be the only one that sees a decent drop off but will have their QB and RB still. 

Edited by WalterSobchak

8 hours ago, AG said:

Didn’t Brett law when mr football at Sheridan ? Just a opinion here but maybe when pioneer was up a ton at state you let those kids that took a beating against the varsity all year get in the game instead of playing the starters all game . 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

Didn’t Brett law when mr football at Sheridan ? Just a opinion here but maybe when pioneer was up a ton at state you let those kids that took a beating against the varsity all year get in the game instead of playing the starters all game . 

None of the kids on this team were even in high school when Pioneer last won state…

14 hours ago, Say it aint so said:

They did…that’s how they beat 6AChesterton and Andrean and went to 2A semi-state when those players were seniors🙄

22 hours ago, Tippy said:

Try again

There have only been 2 Logansport football players make their way to Pioneer in the last 30 years.

Both came in 2001 due to disciplinary issues at Logansport. 

54 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Try again

There have only been 2 Logansport football players make their way to Pioneer in the last 30 years.

Have there been any Pioneer players make their way to Logansport?  Kiser and some others must have been the only reason they were so good.  Someone said this could be the worst team Pioneer has had since the 1990's.  I don't know, why don't you tell us the reason Pioneer is so bad.

LAST 26 SEASONS
1997 through 2022 seasons
  W L Pct.
Pioneer 268 52 .838
Brownstown 254 50 .836
FW Snider 266 55 .829
Eastbrook 261 56 .823
Penn 272 61 .817
Linton 257 59 .813
Heritage Hills 249 63 .798
Indy Chatard 276 75 .786
Homestead 227 63 .783
Jimtown 251 71 .780
Andrean 253 76 .769
Jasper 227 70 .764
Ev. Mater Dei 252 81 .757
Warren Central 237 79 .750

5 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Gotta come down a little at some point.

especially at a small school.

Friday vs Triton their Qb and two linemen were freshmen and on defense two linebackers and two DB’s were freshmen 

They will be back on top soon 😉

It has been hard for LCC to get back on top.  Good luck to you!

5 hours ago, RingLeader said:

Try again

Travis Hardy?

Nate Denton? Didn't he move to Pioneer in like 7th grade?

Didn't Winegardner live in Logansport? And went to all saints k-8?

Wasn't Nick Price originally from Logan? Didn't Briar Fritz live in Logansport? Didn't Gaumer live near Lewis Cass?

Edited by WalterSobchak

Jimtown fell back down, so did Penn. Pioneer eventually would too. 

They play lots of younger kids and have a decent 8th grade class so they'll be fine. 

Then again North Judson and LaVille have good sophomores and a solid 8th graders...then you have Caston who is killing every team they play. 

I just think it's more Pioneer coming back down to reality and other schools catching up.

Edited by WalterSobchak

6 hours ago, Tippy said:

Have there been any Pioneer players make their way to Logansport?  Kiser and some others must have been the only reason they were so good.  Someone said this could be the worst team Pioneer has had since the 1990's.  I don't know, why don't you tell us the reason Pioneer is so bad.

Low sophomore and junior class numbers are killers for us. Poor team leadership from the senior class. This senior class has had one of the worst off season workout attendances of any team the last 20 years. Upper classmen want to be a part of the winning, but don’t want to put the work in to do it. 

• Thanks 1