Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #6

Carmel @ North Central:  This used to be a decently competitive backyard rivalry but not as much anymore.  Two teams and programs that are miles apart on a map but worlds apart on a football field.  Hounds roll early and often here.  Carmel wins 45-10.

Lawrence Central @ Center Grove:  Expected let down game for the Bears last week after the emotional win at Warren but they made enough plays late to squeak one out against a pesky Pike team.  A different animal awaits this week.  I think LC has enough playmakers to make it interesting but CG pulls away late.  Trojans win 30-14.

Lawrence North @ Ben Davis:  Another let down warning as BD comes off a big rivalry win at Warren.  Lawrence North is reeling and will not have the horses to keep up with the potent BD offense.  Giants overcome a slow start and win this one 38-20.

Warren Central @ Pike:  Upset alert?  Warren has looked mediocre since week 2 and simply cannot seem to get out of its own way.  Pike played competitively with Carmel longer than I expected and had a solid LC outfit on the ropes on the road last week.  I am calling the home team here in a mild upset.  Pike wins 31-27.

What say you?

Man, I know Pike has looked better than their record indicates, but if the Red Devils beat the Warriors then Warren and Kirschner are in some trouble. I also think LC will keep it a little closer than that with CG. I think we'll see these next few weeks whether the Bears are a serious threat to Cathedral in Sectional 6. 

If Jackson Jr is out I see this more of a potential possibility than if he is good to go. But WC is killing themselves with sloppy and undisciplined play. I hate to say it, but Pike is playing better each week and are looking to upset someone soon. This could be the week. 

I think LC takes down the Trojans. After getting lazy against Pike I see their wake up call keeping them focused. They have a tough defense and a play making offense. 

BD rolls LN. LN will be lucky if they get 7 points on the board. I give them 7 and BD 42. That BD QB is legit. I've been saying this since the summer workouts I saw him at.

Carmel and NC... nuff said.

10 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

If Jackson Jr is out I see this more of a potential possibility than if he is good to go. But WC is killing themselves with sloppy and undisciplined play. I hate to say it, but Pike is playing better each week and are looking to upset someone soon. This could be the week. 

I think LC takes down the Trojans. After getting lazy against Pike I see their wake up call keeping them focused. They have a tough defense and a play making offense. 

BD rolls LN. LN will be lucky if they get 7 points on the board. I give them 7 and BD 42. That BD QB is legit. I've been saying this since the summer workouts I saw him at.

Carmel and NC... nuff said.

Paging @FAREASTSIDEWC...was here every day in the preseason leading up to week 1.  I believe also called 8 regular season wins for the Warriors.

24 minutes ago, temptation said:

Paging @FAREASTSIDEWC...was here every day in the preseason leading up to week 1.  I believe also called 8 regular season wins for the Warriors.

@FAREASTSIDEWCsaid they would win 8 games? I might have said it in the preseason, but highly unlikely because it depended on a lot of things needing to happen. I hoped for it, but after seeing the first game against CG, I knew that it would be an uphill battle the rest of the way. BD will win the MIC and possibly state unless Brownsburg has something to say about it. I think whoever wins that section will win state.

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

@FAREASTSIDEWCsaid they would win 8 games? I might have said it in the preseason, but highly unlikely because it depended on a lot of things needing to happen. I hoped for it, but after seeing the first game against CG, I knew that it would be an uphill battle the rest of the way. BD will win the MIC and possibly state unless Brownsburg has something to say about it. I think whoever wins that section will win state.

Misquoted him/her...sorry.

"ill take over at 6-8 wins.....i trust the coaching....i trust the conditioning, i know the DNA most of these kids come from, and im not just saying that because im a former player, coach or alum....the far east side had been counted out recently, every since WEST left."

Will re-visit in weeks.

Poster showed up and acted offended for about 10 days and then disappeared once the season started. 

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Misquoted him/her...sorry.

"ill take over at 6-8 wins.....i trust the coaching....i trust the conditioning, i know the DNA most of these kids come from, and im not just saying that because im a former player, coach or alum....the far east side had been counted out recently, every since WEST left."

Will re-visit in weeks.

Poster showed up and acted offended for about 10 days and then disappeared once the season started. 

👍👍👍

11 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Carmel 49, North Central 0

Center Grove 35, LC 24

Ben Davis 49, LN 14

WC 17, Pike 14

I’m attending Carmel/North Central on Friday as my son is an alumnus. I look for this to be a running clock. Carmel 45-7

Center Grove 38 Lawrence Central 21

Ben Davis 42 Lawrence North 17

Pike 21 Warren Central 17 

I don’t expect the last one but I might as well have some fun.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I’m attending Carmel/North Central on Friday as my son is an alumnus. I look for this to be a running clock. Carmel 45-7

NC has taken a swan dive off the cliff.  Incredible how far that team has fallen in recent years.  If you catch either of the Saturday morning games you will see that the future looks even worse.

9 hours ago, Grover said:

NC has taken a swan dive off the cliff.  Incredible how far that team has fallen in recent years.  If you catch either of the Saturday morning games you will see that the future looks even worse.

They’ll always have that 2018 regional game against Warren…

Just now, Grover said:

Warren's JV & freshmen have looked good in recent years.  Did some of that talent move out?

Two players. That's it. All the original athletes are still there. This team should be a lot better. Comes down to coaching at this point. The 2023 class went undefeated Freshman year and this is the same class with the dominant Creston group that went undefeated both 7th and 8th grade blowing through teams, except 8th grade they beat CG Central by one point. Freshman year they blew through everyone. The 2024 class has some studs too. The 2025 class is probably one of the best classes to come through Warren. All three of those middle school teams were undefeated until they played each other. That freshman team blasted everyone and CG twice. So it is odd that now that these two classes are together and they cannot keep it going.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

They’ll always have that 2018 regional game against Warren…

One of the most nerve racking, coldest, and best games I have seen in a while. "They better not kick it to David Bell.... oh boy, they kicked it to D Bell. He gone." Pretty much my exact words on that punt that changed the momentum of the game. And NC's Liam Thompson was the best QB in the state that year. You can't tell me any different.

6 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central has also taken a swan dive off a cliff. It completely blows my mind how far the Warriors have fallen since winning state 4 years ago 

In 2019, Ben Davis beat North Central to create a three-way tie for a MIC Championship. They went 4-3 in 2020 and then have won one MIC game since. That's a swan dive. 

I think Warren is more a speed bump.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

In 2019, Ben Davis beat North Central to create a three-way tie for a MIC Championship. They went 4-3 in 2020 and then have won one MIC game since. That's a swan dive. 

I think Warren is more a speed bump.

No one on this forum was more bullish on North Central entering this season than I was.  A complete swing and a miss.  I just don't get it.

10 hours ago, Grover said:

Warren's JV & freshmen have looked good in recent years.  Did some of that talent move out?

3 left that I know of for “non-football” reasons. Cathedral, New Palestine and Arsenal Tech. 

11 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

Two players. That's it. All the original athletes are still there. This team should be a lot better. Comes down to coaching at this point. The 2023 class went undefeated Freshman year and this is the same class with the dominant Creston group that went undefeated both 7th and 8th grade blowing through teams, except 8th grade they beat CG Central by one point. Freshman year they blew through everyone.

Also had 2 good kids transfer in freshman year to join the ‘23 class. 1 bailed to Cathedral. 

11 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

Two players. That's it. All the original athletes are still there. This team should be a lot better. Comes down to coaching at this point. The 2023 class went undefeated Freshman year and this is the same class with the dominant Creston group that went undefeated both 7th and 8th grade blowing through teams, except 8th grade they beat CG Central by one point. Freshman year they blew through everyone. The 2024 class has some studs too. The 2025 class is probably one of the best classes to come through Warren. All three of those middle school teams were undefeated until they played each other. That freshman team blasted everyone and CG twice. So it is odd that now that these two classes are together and they cannot keep it going.

2025 - those guys are all sophomores, so they're just now seeing the field. 

They've lost three games - by nine to Center Grove, by two touchdowns to a very good Ben Davis squad and by 12 to a very improved Lawrence Central team. I think more just shows the MIC is a meat-grinder. WC may be (and probably is) one of the top 7-8 teams in 6A but you can be a top team in 6A and still be in the lower half of the MIC because of the difficulty of the conference. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, temptation said:

Wow.  A damning accusation considering the head coaches’ resume.

At the risk of sounding like I am gossiping I will say I have a very personal familiarity with the program for the last 6 years. There is a lot going on there. Much of it is out of the control of the kids and it falls on the adults; administration and coaching staff. This is both in the school and on the field. Until the adults not only take responsibility, which I believe they have (I hope), there needs to be serious changes to follow up the admission of responsibility.

15 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

At the risk of sounding like I am gossiping I will say I have a very personal familiarity with the program for the last 6 years. There is a lot going on there. Much of it is out of the control of the kids and it falls on the adults; administration and coaching staff. This is both in the school and on the field. Until the adults not only take responsibility, which I believe they have (I hope), there needs to be serious changes to follow up the admission of responsibility.

Having worked with Mike Kirschner for 18 years at Ben Davis, I know you have the right person.