Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #6

13 hours ago, crimsonace1 said:

2025 - those guys are all sophomores, so they're just now seeing the field. 

They've lost three games - by nine to Center Grove, by two touchdowns to a very good Ben Davis squad and by 12 to a very improved Lawrence Central team. I think more just shows the MIC is a meat-grinder. WC may be (and probably is) one of the top 7-8 teams in 6A but you can be a top team in 6A and still be in the lower half of the MIC because of the difficulty of the conference. 

Those sophomores are the best class of sophomores in the state right now. My opinion obviously. They have proved that for last three years against all of the MIC schools. Several saw significant playing time last year and many are varsity ready.

Look, the MIC, honestly is balanced this year because no one team is outstanding. WC has an EXTREMELY talented group right now. If they can stop making the mistakes and the OC utilizes the QB inside the ability that he has (whether it is Keith Jackson Jr or Jewell Jagoe), then they will be fine and make a deep run. But the mistakes are killing them which means they are beating themselves more than the other teams beating them. Look at their turnover ration and the amount of TDs the opposing team has capitalized on as a result. It is staggering. WC, talent wise, is still the top 2 in the MIC and state (including former MIC members). But their coaching is holding them back. Again my opinion.

CG is down. But a down CG is coached by one of the best coaching staffs in the state. So CG is never really down. BD in my opinion, now that Thomas Gotkowski is playing, is the best team in 6A. I see them correcting their mistakes and beating Brownsburg, then CG in Semi. LC is much better. LN is down compared to the past two years. Pike is always on the verge of breaking through with a win. NC is way down this year and the number of points they put on WC is because of WC's turnovers. The HCC has caught up with the MIC, but I still think the MIC will prevail at state this year. So even though the HCC has had the better of the MIC in-season, they will still struggle to make it to state and largely because of BD. Carmel will win the north bracket.

Can't forget Cathedral. I think they get out of their section, but not easily. 

4 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Having worked with Mike Kirschner for 18 years at Ben Davis, I know you have the right person.

I don't know. Last year and this year seems to be the same old same old. As a matter of fact it has been the same old same old since 2019. Last year the 2022 senior class was blamed. This year, according to an interview K was quoted as having no idea what was going on, but did say it is on him as the HC. Look, I was really excited when it was announced that he was going to be the coach last year. I really was hoping he would be the guy to turn it around. But behind the scenes it was nothing but chaos. It seems to be more of the same this year. I get he has an impressive resume, but he is struggling at WC. I know he cares, but something isn't translating here. He has an amazing group of kids talent-wise, parent-wise, and dedication-wise.

This 2023 class was suppose to be the start of something awesome for WC. But it isn't like they are losing games while looking good doing it. They are literally imploding each game, minus the Detroit King. Mistakes killed them against CG, BD, NC, and LC. Lack of offensive ball movement has been the hallmark of the WC offense since 2019. The defense, who is usually stellar, had several uncharacteristic blown coverages against BD. And the defense is on the field too much and too long which can make any great defense struggle. Especially when they have to turn right back around because of a turnover. Also the personnel choices are baffling. They were baffling last year too. The mistakes are the type of mistakes that I put largely on the coaching staff not getting the boys straightened out during the week of practice to play sound, mistake free football. Again something isn't translating. 

BUT it can be turned around for sure. How or what to do to turn it around? That is the question. Hopefully those 18 years of working with Mike Kirschner will start to kick in because this 2023 class deserves the best possible opportunity to get to state. They have been through a lot over the years and have worked too hard for this. I pray that I will be able to watch WC against Carmel at LOS this year. It can still happen, but the road is a steep uphill battle right now.

14 hours ago, FootballFan28 said:

Also had 2 good kids transfer in freshman year to join the ‘23 class. 1 bailed to Cathedral. 

Yep 👍. But bailed is a terrible way to describe why the kid left. He had an extremely good reason to do so.

On 9/19/2022 at 12:31 PM, scarab527 said:

Man, I know Pike has looked better than their record indicates, but if the Red Devils beat the Warriors then Warren and Kirschner are in some trouble. I also think LC will keep it a little closer than that with CG. I think we'll see these next few weeks whether the Bears are a serious threat to Cathedral in Sectional 6. 

I completely agree with these possibilities. Pike can taste it. And LC just needs to play consistent LC football. There may be some upsets coming.

2 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

I don't know. Last year and this year seems to be the same old same old. As a matter of fact it has been the same old same old since 2019. Last year the 2022 senior class was blamed. This year, according to an interview K was quoted as having no idea what was going on, but did say it is on him as the HC. Look, I was really excited when it was announced that he was going to be the coach last year. I really was hoping he would be the guy to turn it around. But behind the scenes it was nothing but chaos. It seems to be more of the same this year. I get he has an impressive resume, but he is struggling at WC. I know he cares, but something isn't translating here. He has an amazing group of kids talent-wise, parent-wise, and dedication-wise.

This 2023 class was suppose to be the start of something awesome for WC. But it isn't like they are losing games while looking good doing it. They are literally imploding each game, minus the Detroit King. Mistakes killed them against CG, BD, NC, and LC. Lack of offensive ball movement has been the hallmark of the WC offense since 2019. The defense, who is usually stellar, had several uncharacteristic blown coverages against BD. And the defense is on the field too much and too long which can make any great defense struggle. Especially when they have to turn right back around because of a turnover. Also the personnel choices are baffling. They were baffling last year too. The mistakes are the type of mistakes that I put largely on the coaching staff not getting the boys straightened out during the week of practice to play sound, mistake free football. Again something isn't translating. 

BUT it can be turned around for sure. How or what to do to turn it around? That is the question. Hopefully those 18 years of working with Mike Kirschner will start to kick in because this 2023 class deserves the best possible opportunity to get to state. They have been through a lot over the years and have worked too hard for this. I pray that I will be able to watch WC against Carmel at LOS this year. It can still happen, but the road is a steep uphill battle right now.

Mike has a philosophy in interviews. When the team wins, it's credit to the team. When the team loses, it's always on the coaches. "________________________________, and that's on me."

The blank would be whatever went wrong.

3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Having worked with Mike Kirschner for 18 years at Ben Davis, I know you have the right person.

Sounds to me like he's INCLUDING Kirschner in his assessment...

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

And let me add one more thing: Kirschner is now the AD at WC. I don't know if it is interim or permanent, but at a school like WC I don't know how he will be able to do both jobs at the level that is expected for either position. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Said this the day it went public.

42 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

Mike has a philosophy in interviews. When the team wins, it's credit to the team. When the team loses, it's always on the coaches. "________________________________, and that's on me."

The blank would be whatever went wrong.

It is typical coach speak. I get that. But Coach Kirschner has never been at a loss on what the problem is.

Carmel at North Central:  Even with all the kids in Washington Township that go to Chatard, Cathedral, Park Tudor, and Brebeuf, I don't get how a school with over 3700 kids and is the 4th largest school in the state is this bad at football.  And it's not like Kevin O'Shea has forgotten how to coach either.  Carmel wins this game 45-0.  The Ben Davis game next week will be a great measuring stick for how good this Carmel team is.

Lawrence Central at Center Grove:  I just don't see how LC wins this game.  Center Grove by 21 over LC.

Lawrence North at Ben Davis:  Jason Simmons has done a terrific coaching job this season.  Ben Davis just has to avoid the same letdown LC had last week after their win over Warren.  As long as BD has a good week of practice and they bring their best effort Friday, they should win comfortably over LN. Ben Davis by 28 over LN.

Warren Central at Pike:  Looks like I'm not the only person predicting an upset in this game. Pike has had close calls this season against Zionsville, Fishers, and LC.  Eventually, they're gonna break through and win one of these close games.  Meanwhile, Warren Central has been one of the more disappointing teams in the area this season.  I thought they could be a top 5 team with the 16 returning starters they brought back this season.  Lots of turnovers, penalties, blown coverages, and unforced errors by this team the past 3 weeks.  Like I said about Kevin O'Shea, it's not like Mike Kirschner has forgotten how to coach.  It just feels like something isn't right within this program, but I can't figure out what it is.  I think Pike will be the more motivated team Friday and will beat Warren Central by 7 points.

11 hours ago, LC_Bears_04 said:

Warren Central at Pike:  Looks like I'm not the only person predicting an upset in this game. Pike has had close calls this season against Zionsville, Fishers, and LC.  Eventually, they're gonna break through and win one of these close games.  Meanwhile, Warren Central has been one of the more disappointing teams in the area this season.  I thought they could be a top 5 team with the 16 returning starters they brought back this season.  Lots of turnovers, penalties, blown coverages, and unforced errors by this team the past 3 weeks.  Like I said about Kevin O'Shea, it's not like Mike Kirschner has forgotten how to coach.  It just feels like something isn't right within this program, but I can't figure out what it is.  I think Pike will be the more motivated team Friday and will beat Warren Central by 7 points.

I agree with your comments about WC and Coach Kirschner....he has certainly not forgotten how to coach.  Didn't also bring back Coach Tutsie this season?  

I am wondering if this is more about rebuilding the culture....and if so, sometimes one has to tear it down a little to build it back up.  One this is for sure, WC has too much talent and with the leadership there, I fully expect things to improve and improve pretty quickly.  They are a pretty darn good football team, and they could turn the corner quickly. I don't think any team will be excited to face them in the playoffs.  If any team beats a Warrior team, they typically have earned it.

Speaking of Warren, anyone see David Bell play for the Browns last night?  Pretty darn awesome!!!

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Honest question:  Can you fix a problem to which you are accused of contributing to?

He said, coaching and administration and did not speak in the past tense...

It wasn't always puppy dogs and rainbows on the Westside. I don't know the details of what's going on at Warren, but I do know that Mike is reflective enough to do that, yes. I will admit, full disclosure, that I'm a little biased though because I consider Coach Kirschner not only a friend...but a good friend. My biggest compliment to Mike is that his kids still all love to be around him. He's a great father, and I've seen the difference he makes in young people's lives. If it's fixable, he'll fix it.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 9:51 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

Well, a lot of you guys were wrong tonight. Warren Central wins 49-14 over Pike. The Warriors improve to 3-3, 2-2 in the MIC with one conference game left.

I am happy to say I was wrong. I hoped for the best and expected the worse. Now WC has still got a lot to work on, such as disciplined football game in and game out. I just don't want them to let up on the gas. They gotta keep this momentum going into the playoffs.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:49 PM, Grover said:

Looks like LN is going to play CG one more year because they have to but they will also tuck tail after that.  Really surprised by that one.  I hope it was against Coach Mallory's wishes because that doesn't sound like his style.

Especially since he was a former assistant there at CG.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:51 PM, Warren Central Warrior said:

Well, a lot of you guys were wrong tonight. Warren Central wins 49-14 over Pike. The Warriors improve to 3-3, 2-2 in the MIC with one conference game left.

???  A couple were wrong....I seem to remember negativity coming from........

image.thumb.png.c27209738fa682d59f9d717bc4719291.png

image.thumb.png.75082ad49ab0fc393639b45a089c3098.png

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

🤨

Bash, I apologize for having a negative mindset. It's hard not to think that way

I understand the frustration...I was just funnin'.  WC is a great program....just going through some hiccups....I fully believe they will get the ship heading into the right direction.  No one looks forward to playing WC in the playoffs.  If a team beats the Warriors, they earned it.

Edited by Bash Riprock

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

I understand the frustration...I was just funnin'.  WC is a great program....just going through some hiccups....I fully believe they will get the ship heading into the right direction.  No one looks forward to playing WC in the playoffs.  If a team beats the Warriors, they earned it.

True facts 

45 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

True facts 

I wasn't going to remind you about you being down on WC, because I was too! LOL But fans have every right to be down about their teams when their teams are struggling and the reasons as to why are hard to understand. I love WC and hope for them to make it all the way to state. It is largely because of the kids on the team. I have no love for the coaching staff minus a few coaches. But that doesn't mean I want the coaches to fail. I want them to succeed for the boys on that team who deserve to be doing better and set up for success. I pray this win over Pike gives WC the focus they need and not a false sense that they have arrived. They need to stay grounded and focused on each opponent each week. They have the talent to win it all. They are just as talented as any 6A team in the state.