Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern and Vincennes Switcharoo?

18 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

I keep hearing talk about Vincennes Lincoln moving to the PAC and Gibson Southern moving to the SIAC after this year.   Is there any truth to this at all or just people making rumors? 

VL attempted a move to the PAC earlier this year and was voted down (I would guess bad blood from former Big 8 schools…Washington and Princeton primarily…makes sense). Personally, I think it was for the best, as I liked the move to the SIAC 2 years ago. But I can also see how the VL brass would view the PAC as a better fit in the long term. 

I haven’t heard about any such move since then. Can’t imagine Lincoln would reapply to the PAC after being turned away less than 6 months ago. 

Edited by SEAL_63

If you are talking all conference sports and not just football, I can't imagine Gibson Southern would want the step up in competition. With the exception of football, girls basketball and softball, they would struggle to be middle of the pack in most everything else. And I mean no disrespect to Gibson Southern in saying that. It's the reality of playing in a conference with larger schools much larger.

• Like 1

This feels like a late winter/early spring thread. Everyone is getting antsy from being cooped up all winter, HS football has been over for months, the state championship games are all talked out, DT has seven parallel contraction threads and is on his ninth "Screw you guys, I'm going home" tour (Eric Cartman voice), and there is absolutely nothing else to talk about.

I kid, I kid.

But yeah, can't imagine any truth to this. I have zero insight, but it just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, tango said:

If you are talking all conference sports and not just football, I can't imagine Gibson Southern would want the step up in competition. With the exception of football, girls basketball and softball, they would struggle to be middle of the pack in most everything else. And I mean no disrespect to Gibson Southern in saying that. It's the reality of playing in a conference with larger schools much larger.

I think it’s fair

girls basketball, Softball, and football….those are definitely the top sports for GS.

Maybe golf.  But that’s more of something on the rise with the girls squad very solid and the boys being elevated massively by the sophomore boy who finished like 12th in state as a freshman 

I don't think there is any truth to this.  I personally wouldn't be for such a move for reasons already stated in this thread.  That said, I supported the VL move to the PAC, which would have given the SIAC a non-conference game.  I was shocked to hear it was a unanimous NO from the PAC schools.  

Edited by Titan32

44 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

That doesn't make any sense, due to Vincennes doing pretty well in the SIAC right now 

What’s curious is the rumors were at the VL/Castle game

so either some VL fans feel they should be in the PAC or some castle fans don’t think VL belongs in the SIAC.

unless there is some other random fan who decided to go to that game instead of their favorite team lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

as a wrestling fan, gs against memorial, north or reitz is not pretty

GS only lost to Reitz in 20/21 34-48. Reitz rolled GS 21/22 by a kajillion, maybe two kajillion. My son has had some success vs North: lost by decision 12-16 in 2020/21, won by tech fall 15-0 21/22. I don't recall team scores, but pretty sure 20/21 was closer than 21/22. I don't remember scores of either though. I don't recall meeting Memorial. Could be selective memory, though. 😂

On 9/19/2022 at 10:31 PM, tango said:

It’s not going to happen because I think GS is fine with the PAC.  But to say they would struggle to be just middle of the pack…it’s just not the case. GS would be firmly in the middle of the pack in almost all sports.  And would compete for conference titles every few years.  

1 hour ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I assume GS has been winning the all sports title in the PAC recently? Followed by HH?

That’s how it was going for the longest time.  Either HH or GS 1/2 almost every year for boys and girls 

but idk about anything in the last 3/4 years as the PAC site I don’t believe is being updated anymore 

17 hours ago, combthehair said:

Just need DJ Radnovich living there with a heram and and itll all be good. 

I used to lift with DJ...I was quite a bit older.  He was a manchild.

13 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I assume GS has been winning the all sports title in the PAC recently? Followed by HH?

No One would know since the new schools have come in there hasn't been a website.  It's really sad.