Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL 2022 Season

Irishman

An interesting playoff weekend.....

Any surprises??  For me, I guess the obvious would be the Jacksonville comeback.  But I was also surprised how close the Buffalo/Miami and Cincy/Balt games were given one side had backup QB's going.  In the case of Miami, their 3rd string QB.

Cincy needed a 98 fumble return to move on....a Raven's score there would have made that game really interesting.  

Thoughts going into the 2nd week?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

An interesting playoff weekend.....

Any surprises??  For me, I guess the obvious would be the Jacksonville comeback.  But I was also surprised how close the Buffalo/Miami and Cincy/Balt games were given one side had backup QB's going.  In the case of Miami, their 3rd string QB.

Cincy needed a 98 fumble return to move on....a Raven's score there would have made that game really interesting.  

Thoughts going into the 2nd week?

Cowboys fans are given false hope. The clearest example of why you just cannot expand the playoffs like other sports do. They beat a bad 8-9 team. The Niners boat race them Sunday. I think the Eagles win easily too. 

in the AFC, The favorites win as well, although the Cincy vs. Buffalo matchup is intriguing though. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bobref said:

Looks like Cincy is about to open up a can on the Bills.

Guess I was surprised given the Bengals Oline had taken an injury beating and I believe some of the positions were being manned by backups.  Bills could get to pass rush on Burrow, nor could stop the run game.  Hats off to the Bengals Oline.

Tough chore going into KC next week....but Cincy has the QB with moxie and Mahomes is dealing with a high ankle sprain.  If Cincy can protect Burrow, I like their chances.....

16 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Guess I was surprised given the Bengals Oline had taken an injury beating and I believe some of the positions were being manned by backups.  Bills could get to pass rush on Burrow, nor could stop the run game.  Hats off to the Bengals Oline.

Tough chore going into KC next week....but Cincy has the QB with moxie and Mahomes is dealing with a high ankle sprain.  If Cincy can protect Burrow, I like their chances.....

No way Mahomes is anywhere close to 100 percent and without his legs, he loses a big part of his game.

KC opened at -2.5 and its already down to 1.0.

6 hours ago, temptation said:

No way Mahomes is anywhere close to 100 percent and without his legs, he loses a big part of his game.

KC opened at -2.5 and its already down to 1.0.

The way the Bengals came out against Buffalo, I think KC is going to have to score 4 TDs to have a chance to win. And with Mahomes hobbled, I don’t see that happening. Of course, they say whether is the great equalizer. Forecast is for game time temps in the teens, but only moderate winds. Without wind to bother Burrow, they may end up curb stomping the Chiefs if they get out in front early.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The way the Bengals came out against Buffalo, I think KC is going to have to score 4 TDs to have a chance to win. And with Mahomes hobbled, I don’t see that happening. Of course, they say whether is the great equalizer. Forecast is for game time temps in the teens, but only moderate winds. Without wind to bother Burrow, they may end up curb stomping the Chiefs if they get out in front early.

Watched on mute yesterday but it seemed pretty damn windy in Buffalo yesterday, no?

39 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I heard some great stats today about Cincinnati from a betting perspective: 

• 8-1-1 ATS in their 10 game winning streak
  • NFL best 27-12 ATS since the start of last season
    • 12-3 ATS when they're a dog
  • Burrow is 32-16 ATS in his NFL career

So ‘Nati +1.  

Got it.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I have no idea what any of that means.

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

ATS = against the spread 

Thank you, but I still don't understand the concept of the spread and +/- point values thrown around in sports betting.  Probably because I have zero interest in gambling with real money.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Will be interesting to see how the Cincy Oline replacements fare against a stronger D line and a D coordinator that loves to bring the heat.  Also, how Mahomes does with a high ankle sprain against a really good D line that will work to keep him uncomfortable staying inside the pocket. 

5 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Will be interesting to see how the Cincy Oline replacements fare against a stronger D line and a D coordinator that loves to bring the heat.  Also, how Mahomes does with a high ankle sprain against a really good D line that will work to keep him uncomfortable staying inside the pocket. 

Agreed. IMO, Mahome's ankle is more of a concern than Cincy's O-Line. If he's required to play in a phone booth the Bengals can go to man coverage and have no fear of Mahomes beating them with his legs. 

45 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Agreed. IMO, Mahome's ankle is more of a concern than Cincy's O-Line. If he's required to play in a phone booth the Bengals can go to man coverage and have no fear of Mahomes beating them with his legs. 

Positive news coming out on Mahomes’ ability to practice/play.  He’s saying all of the right things anyway.

We will really find out on Sunday.  Could be gamesmanship.

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Positive news coming out on Mahomes’ ability to practice/play.  He’s saying all of the right things anyway.

We will really find out on Sunday.  Could be gamesmanship.

I think he will play...but with a high ankle sprain just a week ago, will he be the same Patrick Mahomes?  If a legit high ankle sprain, the answer is "no".  But perhaps the injury wasn't as bad as it looked on TV.  

Makes a good headline regardless.

15 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Hard to throw sidearm inside the pocket......

Will Cincy actually start to double team Kelce and make someone else beat them?  Will they get nasty with him on the LOS make it much harder for him to release and get into his pattern???