Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 7

2 hours ago, combthehair said:

Jasper only went undefeated last year and won the conference. And won the first match up 31-10.  But sure. Convincing win and Jasper wouldnt stand a chance. 🙄 

Great season last year.  SIAC championship is a difficult task.  Great week 1 win. JMO Memorial wins convincingly if healthy.  

3 hours ago, Screagle said:

That was a great game by Jasper.  I just don’t think Jasper will have much for Memorial if they meet again. Tigers would be 6-0 with 6 convincing Wins if healthy all season.  I get injury’s are part of it but rarely do teams start the season with 4 or 5 all SIAC kids out weeks 1 and 2.  

Not sure Memorial makes up a 24 pt deficit regardless of who was playing/not playing...sometimes Week 1 games are just unpredictable and aren't indicative of how a team's season will go. Not looking to argue on the matter just giving my 2 cents. I would love to see this rematch in the sectional. 

And if memory serves me right, this is roughly when Memorial started to turn things on last season. So I can understand the growing optimism. But this is not the 2021 SIAC either. The next 3 weeks will tell us a lot about the upper half of the conference. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

Not sure Memorial makes up a 24 pt deficit regardless of who was playing/not playing...sometimes Week 1 games are just unpredictable and aren't indicative of how a team's season will go. Not looking to argue on the matter just giving my 2 cents. I would love to see this rematch in the sectional. 

And if memory serves me right, this is roughly when Memorial started to turn things on last season. So I can understand the growing optimism. But this is not the 2021 SIAC either. The next 3 weeks will tell us a lot about the upper half of the conference. 

If we beat Reitz, I will be ecstatic, if we lose not the end world, still a good chance to go 6-3 for the regular season. But a win on Friday would be a cherry on top, maybe Vincennes can have us some of that Week 2 magic

Edited by TigerFan20

44 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

They don’t have to make up a 24 point deficit. It will be 0-0 with a completely different memorial team lining up to play.  
I’ll be happy to eat crow if they play in sectional and Jasper  wins. 2021 the SIAC was very good.  Jasper ran the table in conference, Memorial - semi state, and MD - state.  

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

JH lines:

Bosse at Mater Dei (-42)

Central at Harrison (-17)

North at Vincennes (-10)

Jasper at Castle (-14)

Reitz (-24) at Memorial

MD with a running clock

Harrison will cover the 17 pts

VL should win but needs to clean up their ball security issues in the RZ that has been a problem the past two weeks. The last time North was at Inman, they were ranked top 10 and were upset by the Alices in their 1st season back in the SIAC.  I say VL covers the (-10)

Castle covers...by 3 or 4 scores

Reitz should handle Memorial... (-24) seems like a lot. But they just throttled a Castle team that I was really impressed with just two Friday's ago, who I thought would give the Panthers everything they could handle and even considered picking the upset. This tells me the Reitz offense has ascended even further since VL saw them in Week 2. I do think it will be hard for them to duplicate that type of performance back to back weeks..and Memorial is clicking at the right time.

Reitz won't cover but wins by a couple scores.

5 minutes ago, Screagle said:

They don’t have to make up a 24 point deficit. It will be 0-0 with a completely different memorial team lining up to play.  
I’ll be happy to eat crow if they play in sectional and Jasper  wins. 2021 the SIAC was very good.  Jasper ran the table in conference, Memorial - semi state, and MD - state.  

Correct. But I wasn't talking about making up 24 pts in a possible sectional rematch. I'm talking about Week 1, Memorial at Jasper and the way that game played out. You felt the outcome would have been different, and Memorial would be 6-0 had they been healthy from the start. My opinion was that regardless of who was playing for Memorial that day in August, Jasper seemed to have an effective game plan that worked and there was more to it than just injured Tiger players. At this point in the season, I would pick Memorial over Jasper. But Week 6 is a long way from Week 1. 

And again you're right, the 2021 SIAC was very good and may end up being better than the 2022 version. But Reitz was average at best last year and VL was just bad. That is not the case this year and Memorial has yet to play either of them. My point was simply that there is still a lot to sort out in these final 3 weeks as far as the conference standings go.

Makes for great discussion!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Just curious. On your pick of Memorial, do you see them scoring 50, or shutting down the panther offense?

Just curious? Do you expect Reitz to score 50?  They haven’t this year and Memorial IMO will be the best team defense Reitz has seen this year. Reitz is a big favorite for a reason but don’t underestimate Memorials ability to prepare to win 1 game. I think this staff has proven they can win and compete on any stage over the past 6 years. 
Memorial will have to play lights out to have a chance.  I think the only outcome that will be a surprise IMO is a blowout win by either team. 

I do think Reitz will have a HUGE chip on their shoulder based on the last 5 games Vs Memorial all being blowouts.  I expect an extremely fired up excited Panthers team ready to erase 5 straight losses. I know Memorial felt the same when they finally ended a streak to the Panthers.  

Edited by Screagle

2 hours ago, Screagle said:

I do think Reitz will have a HUGE chip on their shoulder based on the last 5 games Vs Memorial all being blowouts.  I expect an extremely fired up excited Panthers team ready to erase 5 straight losses. I know Memorial felt the same when they finally ended a streak to the Panthers.  

Last 5 games Memorial has averaged against Reitz

42.0 PPG

11.6 D-PPG

Should be a bulletin board material for the Panthers this week 

This may be the most competitive week of the season.

The big game may be a bit of a let down. Memorial maybe still due to health doesn’t have the dudes to keep up with Reitz.  

castle wins easy

the rest might be closer than the spread. I could see Central winning. North & Vincennes is a toss up.  Bosse might cover too. 

A couple weeks from tournament time. Still feel like it’s Panthers at Lucas Oil, everyone else average

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Evansville50 said:

This may be the most competitive week of the season.

The big game may be a bit of a let down. Memorial maybe still due to health doesn’t have the dudes to keep up with Reitz.  

castle wins easy

the rest might be closer than the spread. I could see Central winning. North & Vincennes is a toss up.  Bosse might cover too. 

A couple weeks from tournament time. Still feel like it’s Panthers at Lucas Oil, everyone else average

Hopefully Memorial finds a way to be competitive. I know this will be the best team they’ve faced in years including the post season. Hope the moments not to big for the Tigers. 

Male sure you use pencil on your 4A title game unless the teams in south 4A have changed since the start of the season. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Hopefully Memorial finds a way to be competitive. I know this will be the best team they’ve faced in years including the post season. Hope the moments not to big for the Tigers. 

Male sure you use pencil on your 4A title game unless the teams in south 4A have changed since the start of the season. 

I think we should put a crown on Reitz now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evansville50 said:

Go for it. Or be delusional

Or wait to see if they can beat some good teams to win a Sectional, Regional and Semi-State. You're the one putting them at Lucas Oil, not me. A lot of football still will be played and lots can happen in the next 2 months. 

On 9/24/2022 at 1:07 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Currently (before my stats update on Tuesday), the top 2 passing defenses in the conference will go at it. Looks like Castle shut down Reitz Passing attack, but Reitz said “We will beat you on the ground” and unofficially had 376 rushing yards. Memorial is going to have their hands full after watching last nights game for Reitz/Castle

I’m guessing everyone knows Ben Davies (1064 yds passing) didn’t play against Central or Castle. Vera has played well in his absence, but is not nearly the same threat passing the ball. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrayingPanther said:

I’m guessing everyone knows Ben Davies (1064 yds passing) didn’t play against Central or Castle. Vera has played well in his absence, but is not nearly the same threat passing the ball. 

His status will be important Friday night, but I’m pretty sure he will play anyways. The C&P article said he could’ve played against Castle, but it was coaches decision to have Vera to start. Reitz likely saw the size advantage against Castle judging by the rushing yards, since Castle’s starting D-Line is undersized and surprised they didn’t have any 2 way players on it

1 hour ago, GrayingPanther said:

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

His status will be important Friday night, but I’m pretty sure he will play anyways. The C&P article said he could’ve played against Castle, but it was coaches decision to have Vera to start. Reitz likely saw the size advantage against Castle judging by the rushing yards, since Castle’s starting D-Line is undersized and surprised they didn’t have any 2 way players on it

Oh, it’s a road game for Reitz. So, the -24 is crazy.  I’m just hoping my old school wins period.  Looks like it will be streaming here:

http://www.indianasrn.org/Games.php/?B=431999

5 minutes ago, GrayingPanther said:

Oh, it’s a road game for Reitz. So, the -24 is crazy.  I’m just hoping my old school wins period.  Looks like it will be streaming here:

http://www.indianasrn.org/Games.php/?B=431999

Yes, all regular season games are being live-streamed for Memorial this season. The -24 is a little eye opening for an away game, since the best defenses will go out at it. The GID predictor has Reitz -12.5

13 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Castle never plays anyone 2 ways.   They haven’t in a very long time.   And yes the D line is tiny.   Probably average 185-190.