Offensive YPG: 302.8

PPG: 24.7 

Defense:

Passing yards allowed: 91.8 YPG(551 yards)/ 0.495 (52/105) PCT/ 10.59 YPC

Rushing yards allowed: 136.3 YPG (818 yards)/ 4.35 YPC on 188 carries

Defensive YPG: 228.1 

Defensive PPG: 13.7 

Recap

Following a very rough start against a solid Jasper squad at the time losing 34-10. And Memorial being shut out for the first time in 10 years against North back in Week 2 by 14-0. It started to look like the season was already in shambles, as a majority of the team was injured or other factors were involved. However, Memorial looked pretty hopeful in Week 3 against their Conference Rival, Central. As the Tigers finally had a chance to get their first win of the season, since the team started to return key players for that game. While you might say it was rough, Memorial ended up winning the game 21-0 behind a strong effort from RB Porter Rode with 187 yards and 2 TDs. In Week 4, the Tigers faced a 2A State Contender in Mater Dei, luckily for the Tigers, they returned WR Leo Collins after coming back from injury, and made a big improvement in Memorial's offense, while the Defense was a brick wall the entire night. As the season turned around from beating Mater Dei 22-6, in a game Memorial mainly controlled, as the Tigers win 6 straight over their Catholic Rival. In Week 5, Memorial faced an improved Harrison that had a big win over Jasper in Week 2, but was losing their momentum too, however, Memorial ended up winning 42-14. In Week 6, Memorial faced Bosse, from a week of controversy, the Tigers prevailed beating Bosse, 54-14, for their largest win of the season. So far, it appears the Tigers have finally found their strive on Offense, behind a strong QB, RB, and a nice set of receivers to throw, Memorial looks pretty good offensively, unlike the start of the season. Memorial's Defense is looking really good, as the Tigers are led by a massive D-Line and a strong backfield. 

All eyes are on the Tigers this week, as the Panthers can officially clinch up the SIAC with a win over the Tigers. And likely shuts the door for the remaining contenders in the conference. However, with a Memorial win, the inevitable is delayed by a week and gives the rest of the contenders a chance of sharing the title with Reitz, if they lose to both Mater Dei and Memorial. For Memorial, there are some other factors involved too for being motivated, as a win over Reitz will welcome the Memorial team to the 600-win club in HS football, and beat the #1 team in the SIAC for Homecoming. The crowd at Enlow is going to be rocking! 

• Like 1

Reitz Mid-Season Preview 

Stats:

Offense: 

Passing yards: 233.3 YPG/ 14.7 YPC

Rushing yards: 196.5 YPG/ 6.3 YPC

Offensive YPG: 429.8 

PPG: 39.0 

Defense: 

Passing yards allowed: 56.8 YPG(341 yards)/ 0.441 (38/86) PCT/ 8.97 YPC

Rushing yards allowed: 134.2 YPG(805 yards)/ 5.06 YPC on 159 carries 

Defensive YPG: 191.0 YPG

Defensive PPG: 12.5 

Recap 

There was a different feeling on Reitz Hill over the summer as the Panthers were hoping to make some noise when the season started, as the Panthers returned a lot on Offense and Defense. In Week 1, the Panthers beat Harrison, 39-8 behind a new defensive scheme and a new QB in Ben Davies throwing 223 yards to his favorite target in Summers (116 receiving yards) and RB Burnett to finally show his skills. But an interesting opponent popped in Week 2 in Vincennes, as the Alices finally return some key players from last season's injury. In a back-and-forth game all night at Inman Field and down with 28-24, with a minute left in the game, QB Davies found a receiver to throw it 50 yards, 1st and goal. With seconds ticking away, Reitz scored with only a few seconds left on the clock to win the game 31-28. But, the tough part of the schedule was just beginning as the Panthers would face the defending 2021 SIAC champion Jasper, coming off a 20-15 loss to Harrison. At first, the game was somewhat close, as Jasper scored a TD in the 2Q to make it 14-7, but that didn't bother Reitz, as they shut them down, 41-14. The message was clear, Reitz was back to competing for the SIAC and the revenge tour was beginning. Week 4, at North, the Panthers had themselves a battle in the 1H, as the Huskies were moving the ball decently and made it a 17-8 game at HT, Reitz wasn't phased at all and ended up winning 38-15 in a very strong Offensive/Defensive effort. However, news broke out that QB Davies was injured and facing some shoulder problems. That didn't matter for ATH Roland Vera Jr to temporarily replace his QB in Week 5 against Central. As the new QB threw for 187 yards and 4 TDS in his first start ever, while the Defense shut down Central, 44-0. But a big game in Week 6 against a ranked opponent in Castle. In a close game of 3 quarters, Reitz wore down Castle, as the Panthers scored 24 points in the 4Q and gathered 376 yards on the ground to win big by 41-10. Reitz is definitely the #1 team in the SIAC, as how dynamic they are and can overcome the challenge. While behind a dynamic Offense under QB Davies/Vera and a trio of receivers to throw to. Not to mention a dominating Defensive scheme that has been working well for Reitz over the last 6 weeks. 

This week, the dream may finally come true and finally win at least a share of the SIAC for the 1st time since 2017, when they shared it with Memorial and Central. All they have to do is beat a very hot Memorial team peaking at the right time and motivated to spoil the Panthers. However, the Panthers are also motivated too since they can clinch the SIAC and spoil Memorial's homecoming and the claim of win #600. And I am sure Coach Brunson is reminding the team that Reitz hasn't beat Memorial since 2016, and since then, has been dominated by them, especially last year's loss at home. Come Friday night and likely the return of QB Davies, the Panthers will be hyped up on the sidelines and a sell-out Visitor section.   

• Like 1

Week 6 picks

Bosse at Mater Dei

Bosse has some nice skill players, but Mater Dei will to much too handle. Wildcats by a lot

North at Vincennes 

Starting to seem like North is all over the place right now. As the passing game seems to be nonexistent. Alices seemed to recover well after their loss against Castle by almost getting 500 yards of total offense. I will take the Alices by 3 scores in this one

Central at Harrison

This one will be interesting for Central, as it is a chance to finally not go winless in the regular season. While Harrison’s mojo has faded away, I still think Harrison has the better squad in this matchup. Give me the Warriors by 2 scores 

Jasper at Castle

RTDB is going to a major factor in this game for Jasper, as that is their specialty. Castle currently places #8 in  rushing defense, and with a heavy run Jasper team, will be difficult for the Knights. I’m not counting out Castle just yet, since Castle’s defense is still pretty quick. I think Castle squeaks by 1 score to keep their SIAC chances alive

Reitz/Memorial will be posted tomorrow morning 

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 6 picks

Bosse at Mater Dei

Bosse has some nice skill players, but Mater Dei will to much too handle. Wildcats by a lot

North at Vincennes 

Starting to seem like North is all over the place right now. As the passing game seems to be nonexistent. Alices seemed to recover well after their loss against Castle by almost getting 500 yards of total offense. I will take the Alices by 3 scores in this one

Central at Harrison

This one will be interesting for Central, as it is a chance to finally not go winless in the regular season. While Harrison’s mojo has faded away, I still think Harrison has the better squad in this matchup. Give me the Warriors by 2 scores 

Jasper at Castle

RTDB is going to a major factor in this game for Jasper, as that is their specialty. Castle currently places #8 in  rushing defense, and with a heavy run Jasper team, will be difficult for the Knights. I’m not counting out Castle just yet, since Castle’s defense is still pretty quick. I think Castle squeaks by 1 score to keep their SIAC chances alive

Reitz/Memorial will be posted tomorrow morning 

Don't let me down. Got a good feeling about this one... In my Ben Crenshaw voice... 

Reitz at Memorial

Arguably the biggest night of the year, as the SIAC title is literally on the line. As Reitz can officially clinch at least a share of the title against Memorial and likely effectively ending the race to, on the projected scenarios. However, if Memorial does get the victory tonight, SIAC will be opened a little bit more for the 2 loss teams.

For Reitz, it has been a fantastic season so far, as it finally appears that Reitz is finally back in the SIAC. I know they are ready for this game tonight, not only a win unofficially seals up the SIAC, but to spoil Memorial’s Homecoming weekend too. This Reitz team is dynamic all around with a strong #1 Offense and very good #1 Defense in the SIAC. What is even crazier is that I think they will be better next year, since a lot of the main players are juniors. #7 Summers is arguably one of the best receivers in the area, as he leads the team, however, they also have a nice duo in Vera/Thomas too in receiving game. Also RB Burnett is one fine tailback with his his speed and quickness to find holes. All thanks to an O-Line that averages roughly 6’3 250 and a strong/accurate QB in Davies. But with his status up in the air tonight, and Vera being QB the last 2 games, they are going to let Memorial guess until kickoff. Defensively, Reitz is all over the ball, as they implemented a new 3-3-5 scheme that has been serving well. Reitz’s D-Line has been wreaking havoc for the most part under a trio of Utley/Oxley/Brantley. Can’t forget about a very nice backfield/LB core too with Ringo, Wells, Phifer, Martin and Davis. 

However, this Memorial team shouldn’t be taken lightly either too. While they did get blown out by Jasper and was shut out by North, there were some factors involved in that game. However, the Tigers are have been looking forward after those 2 blemishes and is on a 4 game winning streak and getting better each week. They did make some changes too, as Fisher is now the starting QB over Ellspermann (who is quite becoming a gem at Receiver). However, Fisher has a wide variety to throw to, like Collins, younger Ellspermann, Pearce, and RB Rode. Also the running game has drastically improved too with RB Rode returning in Week 3 and a very big O-Line to push around too, with D1 Miami(OH) commit 6’6 290 Hartig. While the offense was shaky at first, it appears they are in full steam ahead right now, increasing their points each week. Memorial’s Defense, however, has taken a full 360, from statistically being one of the worst, to one of the best defenses in the Conference behind a very good DLine under Brackett, Seward, Farmer, Collins or Cassidy. While the backfield has improved too with some young talent out there and a very hard nose LB core. Starting to look like the Tigers are finally getting their pieces after a disappointing start to the season to remain in the SIAC hunt.

No question is that Reitz is a monster right now, seems like when they get punched they get right back up. As Reitz always finds away to win. I mean all they have to do is beat this Memorial team to finally get ahold of the SIAC crown early, nothing is in their way on getting it. While Memorial is improved over the last few weeks, this game is very questionable for them, while they will be fine overall. I having a strong feeling that a party is gonna happen tonight. Party at Reitz?……Don’t hate on me, I don’t know how they are going do it……I’m picking the upset tonight, give me the Tigers by an inch (I will accept the backlash)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Reitz at Memorial

Arguably the biggest night of the year, as the SIAC title is literally on the line. As Reitz can officially clinch at least a share of the title against Memorial and likely effectively ending the race to, on the projected scenarios. However, if Memorial does get the victory tonight, SIAC will be opened a little bit more for the 2 loss teams.

For Reitz, it has been a fantastic season so far, as it finally appears that Reitz is finally back in the SIAC. I know they are ready for this game tonight, not only a win unofficially seals up the SIAC, but to spoil Memorial’s Homecoming weekend too. This Reitz team is dynamic all around with a strong #1 Offense and very good #1 Defense in the SIAC. What is even crazier is that I think they will be better next year, since a lot of the main players are juniors. #7 Summers is arguably one of the best receivers in the area, as he leads the team, however, they also have a nice duo in Vera/Thomas too in receiving game. Also RB Burnett is one fine tailback with his his speed and quickness to find holes. All thanks to an O-Line that averages roughly 6’3 250 and a strong/accurate QB in Davies. But with his status up in the air tonight, and Vera being QB the last 2 games, they are going to let Memorial guess until kickoff. Defensively, Reitz is all over the ball, as they implemented a new 3-3-5 scheme that has been serving well. Reitz’s D-Line has been wreaking havoc for the most part under a trio of Utley/Oxley/Brantley. Can’t forget about a very nice backfield/LB core too with Ringo, Wells, Phifer, Martin and Davis. 

However, this Memorial team shouldn’t be taken lightly either too. While they did get blown out by Jasper and was shut out by North, there were some factors involved in that game. However, the Tigers are have been looking forward after those 2 blemishes and is on a 4 game winning streak and getting better each week. They did make some changes too, as Fisher is now the starting QB over Ellspermann (who is quite becoming a gem at Receiver). However, Fisher has a wide variety to throw to, like Collins, younger Ellspermann, Pearce, and RB Rode. Also the running game has drastically improved too with RB Rode returning in Week 3 and a very big O-Line to push around too, with D1 Miami(OH) commit 6’6 290 Hartig. While the offense was shaky at first, it appears they are in full steam ahead right now, increasing their points each week. Memorial’s Defense, however, has taken a full 360, from statistically being one of the worst, to one of the best defenses in the Conference behind a very good DLine under Brackett, Seward, Farmer, Collins or Cassidy. While the backfield has improved too with some young talent out there and a very hard nose LB core. Starting to look like the Tigers are finally getting their pieces after a disappointing start to the season to remain in the SIAC hunt.

No question is that Reitz is a monster right now, seems like when they get punched they get right back up. As Reitz always finds away to win. I mean all they have to do is beat this Memorial team to finally get ahold of the SIAC crown early, nothing is in their way on getting it. While Memorial is improved over the last few weeks, this game is very questionable for them, while they will be fine overall. I having a strong feeling that a party is gonna happen tonight. Party at Reitz?……Don’t hate on me, I don’t know how they are going do it……I’m picking the upset tonight, give me the Tigers by an inch (I will accept the backlash)

No backlash as you have your opinion, even if it is probably wrong. 

My picks for the week. 

Lincoln

MD

Harrison

Castle

and of course, Reitz 

• Like 1