Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 7

Castle Jasper game was crazy. Both teams with big plays and costly turnovers that led to points for the other side. 

Castle had a well-balanced attack. When we were able to stop the run theyd go to the air. If we stopped that then their qb took off. Honestly, if they didnt have 3 big turnovers it could have been a completely different game. 

Jasper went 1-2 passing the first half and the rest was on the ground. We didnt do much more passing the second half.  I think this was the best our offense has clicked all year. 

Whats the SIAC single season record for tackles. Purdy has to be close to it, right?

55 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

lot of shenanigans in this one

And that will eventually be Reitz's downfall, but congrats to them on the City and SIAC titles.  No question the Panthers are a much better team with Vera at QB. He is a very versatile athlete. 

I don’t know about “better” with Vera at QB. I say different. Davies still isn’t healthy. His dad said he was only 70 percent, and with how they completely changed the offense (bubble screens, tunnel screens, short dump offs) to fit him instead of their normal of taking shots down the field. Vera is more about being on the ground. But with Vera at QB, that takes an athlete out of the slot that is versatile, so that also cuts out a whole section of the play book.

But, I wouldn’t know anything about that. 

Won’t be a popular opinion but the SIAC is full of very average teams this year and 1 team above average to good.  When I think of teams over the last few years that have finished 1st and 2nd I think they hammer this years top teams. JMO.  

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I don’t know about “better” with Vera at QB. I say different. Davies still isn’t healthy. His dad said he was only 70 percent, and with how they completely changed the offense (bubble screens, tunnel screens, short dump offs) to fit him instead of their normal of taking shots down the field. Vera is more about being on the ground. But with Vera at QB, that takes an athlete out of the slot that is versatile, so that also cuts out a whole section of the play book.

But, I wouldn’t know anything about that. 

Thats huge. Yall killed us downfield. I hope he's ready to go for tournament time.  

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Won’t be a popular opinion but the SIAC is full of very average teams this year and 1 team above average to good.  When I think of teams over the last few years that have finished 1st and 2nd I think they hammer this years top teams. JMO.  

PAC is better. 

3 minutes ago, combthehair said:

Just stirring the pot

Maybe I’m wrong. We will soon find out in tournament play.  Memorial looked very average last night but was basically a crazy blocked punt into the end zone and 3 missed opportunities on PATs from a win. 

Edited by Screagle

11 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Maybe I’m wrong. We will soon find out in tournament play.  Memorial looked very average last night but was basically a crazy blocked punt into the end zone and 3 missed opportunities on PATs from a win. 

Makes you think if Memorial didn’t play above average last night and at its strength, could’ve  been a different outcome. But I’m sure a rematch might happen in the sectional, unless the 9-0 curse continues.