Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (9/24)

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I'm presuming yes. He has HSE four spots ahead of Carmel in his poll. 

Not so fast is right.  Based on what I’ve seen so far?  Yes.  HSE has the more impressive resume.  Their end of season contest against Brownsburg will also be telling.

Now, if Carmel rolls BD Friday night and then does the same to Warren and LC?  They’d be right there with the Royals.

Hell, I’ve already stated that on any particular night I could see any of the top 7 knocking each other off.  It’s that close in my opinion.

And no, I have no ties to Carmel.

Edited by temptation

NP can only do so much.  For years, everyone complained about the Dragons conference.  Then MV won 4A in 2021, and GF is ranked in 2022.  The Dragons schedule outside their weight class, and defeat 6A Westfield and 5A Decatur Central.  We can't all schedule a bye and Hammond Morton.  It is what it is.  They won't be tested the rest of the regular season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

NP can only do so much.  For years, everyone complained about the Dragons conference.  Then MV won 4A in 2021, and GF is ranked in 2022.  The Dragons schedule outside their weight class, and defeat 6A Westfield and 5A Decatur Central.  We can't all schedule a bye and Hammond Morton.  It is what it is.  They won't be tested the rest of the regular season.

Truth.

18 hours ago, temptation said:

He only likes boring class rankings with little controversy where his favorite team is #1.

LOL I love the controversy or else I wouldn't have criticized your poll or your logic. I don't have enough knowledge of lower classes to even begin to rank them. That is my reason. And my favorite team is #1 in their class because they deserve to be there which it is reflected in every class poll. I don't know that they should be number one in a power ranking, but I can argue it. However, I can't argue your logic because I know my team will never play those teams for you to see they are better or not. So that is a non-starter if that is where you are starting at. Not my problem. It is a flaw in your polling. How do you change that? And how do you justify having Roncalli and New Pal in the top 10 ahead of other 6A teams if they haven't play those teams or their schedule who according to you have tougher schedules. You are the one that made the poll and have to defend it when questioned on it not me.

18 hours ago, temptation said:

Sagarin, where Warren Central is 5 spots higher than a team (Lawrence Central) that beat them by double figures...just one example.

(I actually like Jeff's rankings too but let's not sit here and pretend they are flawless.)

I also know that his rankings aren't perfect, but they are more realistic. In the end I guess we will all see where each of the top 10 fall. Unfortunately for New Pal the rest of their regular season is the lower half of the conference. New Pal won't be tested again till the playoffs. Regardless of anyone's polling which is always fun to argue, all that matters is how far they go in the playoffs number 1 ranking or not. I do like your top 5 though other than the New Pal not being in it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonkeyButt said:

LOL I love the controversy or else I wouldn't have criticized your poll or your logic. I don't have enough knowledge of lower classes to even begin to rank them. That is my reason. And my favorite team is #1 in their class because they deserve to be there which it is reflected in every class poll. I don't know that they should be number one in a power ranking, but I can argue it. However, I can't argue your logic because I know my team will never play those teams for you to see they are better or not. So that is a non-starter if that is where you are starting at. Not my problem. It is a flaw in your polling. How do you change that? And how do you justify having Roncalli and New Pal in the top 10 ahead of other 6A teams if they haven't play those teams or their schedule who according to you have tougher schedules. You are the one that made the poll and have to defend it when questioned on it not me.

Already told you.  New Pal and Roncalli don't have to justify their ranking to anyone based on the athletes they trot out there on Friday nights.  247 does the work for me as both teams have an abundance (probably not the right word) of next level talent which is on par with/better than some of the 5A/6A schools I have them ranked ahead of.

Just busting your balls a bit.  Please don't be "I am going to nit pick and criticize the guy willing to put his rankings out there but run and hide when I am asked to post my own" guy.

Thanks for reading though.  I love the debate.  It's what makes it fun.

Edited by temptation

16 minutes ago, temptation said:

Already told you.  New Pal and Roncalli don't have to justify their ranking to anyone based on the athletes they trot out there on Friday nights.  247 does the work for me as both teams have an abundance (probably not the right word) of next level talent which is on par with/better than some of the 5A/6A schools I have them ranked ahead of.

Just busting your balls a bit.  Please don't be "I am going to nit pick and criticize the guy willing to put his rankings out there but run and hide when I am asked to post my own" guy.

Well played.  Was CaptainHook and Monkey Butt the fish that were truly hooked?

I appreciate you putting the poll out there for debate.  If Monkey were willing he could just copy and move teams around to fit his opinion.

New Pal is good, I have seen them and they are solid.  They will have to get through Roncalli and who knows to get that blue ring.  If they dominate 4A, they can then lay their claim to being the king of all classes.  Personally, Westfield is down from the past two years, so comparing to them is not a good comparison.  I would say they are better now than they were in Game 1 with all of their new starters at the skill positions.

52 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh I am fully willing to admit you are braver than I in coming up with rankings. Like I said if I knew a little bit more, and I am trying to learn, about the lower classes than I might try my hand at creating a poll. But right now it would be largely on speculation at best and what colors I like best. LOL 

33 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Well played.  Was CaptainHook and Monkey Butt the fish that were truly hooked?

I appreciate you putting the poll out there for debate.  If Monkey were willing he could just copy and move teams around to fit his opinion.

New Pal is good, I have seen them and they are solid.  They will have to get through Roncalli and who knows to get that blue ring.  If they dominate 4A, they can then lay their claim to being the king of all classes.  Personally, Westfield is down from the past two years, so comparing to them is not a good comparison.  I would say they are better now than they were in Game 1 with all of their new starters at the skill positions.

I could just copy and paste and do that just to really fire up some people. Maybe I will and just take it on the chin. And I hope everyone,  barring injuries, is better than their game 1 performance. I am merely comparing Westfield on a one on one, game to game basis. But again what is the fun of these polls if not to argue about them. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

There are rumblings that the MIC might need a couple of new teams........😉

Beating one 6A team is interesting piece of data....beating 9 of them in the regular season, then a few more in the playoffs....now that is a trend.

Joking aside, NP is an outstanding program.  Where do you think they should be ranked?

BTW, big fan of your son...how's he doing at Toledo??  His stats look really impressive....need to sit down and watch him play this season!!

4 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

There are rumblings that the MIC might need a couple of new teams........😉

Beating one 6A team is interesting piece of data....beating 9 of them in the regular season, then a few more in the playoffs....now that is a trend.

Joking aside, NP is an outstanding program.  Where do you think they should be ranked?

BTW, big fan of your son...how's he doing at Toledo??  His stats look really impressive....need to sit down and watch him play this season!!

While NP is growing, enrollment just topped 1200 this year.  They aren't ready for the MIC yet!  Although the MIC isn't what is used to be.

He is playing well.  I thought he held his own at Ohio State.  MAC play starts this weekend.  Definitely enjoying it.  Played at Notre Dame, at Ohio State, at San Diego State last weekend...fun times and good memories.

I love to poke the Cathedral bear in here.  All in good fun.

• Like 1

Okay I have been challenged to do a ranking. My disclaimer is I know very little about 3A on down so oh well:

1. Brownsburg
  2. Center Grove
  3. Ben Davis
  4. New Palestine
  5. Cathedral
  6.  Carmel
  7. Roncalli 
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Lawrence Central
  10. Fishers
  11. Warren Central
  12. Westfield 
  13. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  14. Fort Wayne Snider
  15. Bishop Chatard
  16. Gibson Southern
  17. Crown Point
  18. Merrillville
  19. Elkhart
  20. Penn
  21. East Central
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne North
  24. Mishawaka
  25. West Lafayette 
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

While NP is growing, enrollment just topped 1200 this year.  They aren't ready for the MIC yet!  Although the MIC isn't what is used to be.

He is playing well.  I thought he held his own at Ohio State.  MAC play starts this weekend.  Definitely enjoying it.  Played at Notre Dame, at Ohio State, at San Diego State last weekend...fun times and good memories.

I love to poke the Cathedral bear in here.  All in good fun.

LOL...I got the poking.....I absolutely bet NP could hold their own in the conference!!

You are experiencing some very special places.....my good buddy's son played at Miami OH and later OK State....he experienced the same.  Although the Glass Bowl is pretty special as well.  Hope he continues to do well and stay healthy.  Making central Indiana proud!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

Okay I have been challenged to do a ranking. My disclaimer is I know very little about 3A on down so oh well:

1. Brownsburg
  2. Center Grove
  3. Ben Davis
  4. New Palestine
  5. Cathedral
  6.  Carmel
  7. Roncalli 
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Lawrence Central
  10. Fishers
  11. Warren Central
  12. Westfield 
  13. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  14. Fort Wayne Snider
  15. Bishop Chatard
  16. Gibson Southern
  17. Crown Point
  18. Merrillville
  19. Elkhart
  20. Penn
  21. East Central
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne North
  24. Mishawaka
  25. West Lafayette 

Ah, so basically the same poll that I had with a few teams jumbled by 2-3 spots?  Got it.

3 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

LOL...I got the poking.....I absolutely bet NP could hold their own in the conference!!

You are experiencing some very special places.....my good buddy's son played at Miami OH and later OK State....he experienced the same.  Although the Glass Bowl is pretty special as well.  Hope he continues to do well and stay healthy.  Making central Indiana proud!!

I'm not sure New Pal could hold their own on a week week basis in the MIC quite yet.  A gauntlet of Warren, LC and BD in a 3-4 week span is tough for a team with such a depth disadvantage.

Now, in a one game scenario I think they could defeat all three and am tempted to even say they would be favored over all three if the contest were this weekend.

NEVER thought I would say that a few short years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

I'm not sure New Pal could hold their own on a week week basis in the MIC quite yet.  A gauntlet of Warren, LC and BD in a 3-4 week span is tough for a team with such a depth disadvantage.

Now, in a one game scenario I think they could defeat all three and am tempted to even say they would be favored over all three if the contest were this weekend.

NEVER thought I would say that a few short years ago.

That's fair....I've been watching the MIC a long, long time.  Bet this NP team and some of the past could hold their own....but I agree year in and year out, that would be a tall order.  And I agree...playing a season long schedule takes its toll.  That is why I commented in my first post, a single 6A win is interesting.  Beating a number of 6A teams is a trend.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MonkeyButt said:

1. Brownsburg
  2. Center Grove
  3. Ben Davis
  4. New Palestine
  5. Cathedral
  6.  Carmel
  7. Roncalli 
  8. Hamilton Southeastern
  9. Lawrence Central
  10. Fishers
  11. Warren Central
  12. Westfield 
  13. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  14. Fort Wayne Snider
  15. Bishop Chatard
  16. Gibson Southern
  17. Crown Point
  18. Merrillville
  19. Elkhart
  20. Penn
  21. East Central
  22. Zionsville
  23. Fort Wayne North
  24. Mishawaka
  25. West Lafayette 

You must work for the South Bend Tribune? Penn beats Elkhart (In Elkhart) ,  yet you and the SBT have Elkhart ranked in front of Penn . I'll take Penn by 10 if the game is at Penn . 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Ah, so basically the same poll that I had with a few teams jumbled by 2-3 spots?  Got it.

Um yeah! Do I have to add teams that aren't in the rankings at all? I only really argued one aspect of your rankings. So here ya go. Were you expecting me to put New Pal first and take the others off the top 25? LOL

1 minute ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

You must work for the South Bend Tribune? Penn beats Elkhart (In Elkhart) ,  yet you and the SBT have Elkhart ranked in front of Penn . I'll take Penn by 10 if the game is at Penn . 

It definitely isn't perfect and I won't argue you there. And I don't work for any one at that paper. Chalk it up to someone who doesn't pay much attention to football in the north as much as he does in the central indiana. But I here Penn is looking better this year than years past.