Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Out of bounds on the kicko

Trojanmp52

Question

During the CG Vs LC football game at around 1100 min mark of the 2nd quarter.  CG was kick off the ball it was heading out of bounds but did a crazy turn and never went out.  The official on the side had start to pull his flag to to throw before it went out.  When it did not go he stoped a few bounce latter he still throws his flag and stops play.  Should have the flag just been picked up and replay the kickoff

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Trojanmp52 said:

During the CG Vs LC football game at around 1100 min mark of the 2nd quarter.  CG was kick off the ball it was heading out of bounds but did a crazy turn and never went out.  The official on the side had start to pull his flag to to throw before it went out.  When it did not go he stoped a few bounce latter he still throws his flag and stops play.  Should have the flag just been picked up and replay the kickoff

I don’t have a clear picture of what happened from your description. If the flag was thrown, but the kick didn’t go out of bounds, what was the penalty?

8 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

Sorry forget to add that part.  The call that was made was ball out of bounds on the kickoff.  Ball was awarded to the receiving team at the 35 

So, you’ve got an official who says the kickoff was out of bounds, and you saying it wasn’t. I don’t know where to go from there. 

8 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

The video shows  it not going out bounce by a lot.  my question should the official just said I messed that up and rekicked instead of staying with the call even when you can tell by his body language he missed the call

Post the video